Ringside's New Mexican Sparring Headgear

same issues i had doing muaythai with this particular headgear. i ended up selling it.
people had suggested it to me on these threads even for muay thai. Never Again.

by all means its perfect for boxing. but not kick boxing

never had this problem. my vision is just fine for kicks.

Looks similar to the FG2900 with the oversized cheek protectors. The only issue that I saw in the video is that it looks like the cheek protectors get pulled apart and leave a huge gap down the middle leaving the nose exposed. Anyone have any input regarding this potential issue?

Ok. I just received the headgear today. Have not sparred with it, but there is a sizable gap in the nose area. I asked my wife to punch me lightly (with a glove) and I do feel the nose a lot more than with the Fightgear Master headgear. I am sure a real punch would cause damage.

BTW, I ordered L/XL and played with the adjustment until everything looked aligned.

I was considering returning it, but before I do I will reach out to the Ringside guys and make sure I haven't messed up in the adjustment. I guess it is worth a try since the padding is great and the craftsmanship is very good.

Regards,
Gus

Update: Just sent Ringside Dennis a mesage will keep you posted!

Last edited:
Ok. I just received the headgear today. Have not sparred with it, but there is a sizable gap in the nose area. I asked my wife to punch me lightly (with a glove) and I do feel the nose a lot more than with the Fightgear Master headgear. I am sure a real punch would cause damage.

BTW, I ordered L/XL and played with the adjustment until everything looked aligned.

I was considering returning it, but before I do I will reach out to the Ringside guys and make sure I haven't messed up in the adjustment. I guess it is worth a try since the padding is great and the craftsmanship is very good.

Regards,
Gus

From the pics and video I don't think there's any way you could mess up the adjustment enough to make that big a difference. I think there's just a big gap where the nose is just like it looks in the video.

Regards,
Gus

I was thinking along the same lines that after adjusting maybe the nose gap could be narrowed but apparently not.

How do you like the Master's headgear as far as visibility and nose protection go?

How do you like the Master's headgear as far as visibility and nose protection go?

Protection and visibility are excellent in the Masters Headgear. The problem with that headgear is the lining which causes a lot of slippage. If Ringside put some suede in it that headgear would be perfect!

Protection and visibility are excellent in the Masters Headgear. The problem with that headgear is the lining which causes a lot of slippage. If Ringside put some suede in it that headgear would be perfect!

How do you find the ringside Mexican headgear now that you had some time to break it in? How is the vision and nose protection? since I live in Canada my headgear selection is kinda limited. Thanks!

The padding is excellent and the visibility is very good. I have a big head and the nose was not completely protected, but I would say for a non-facebar headgear it's very protective.

All and all I like it, but it did not suit my head shape as well as the Fightgear Masters Headgear.

BUMP

Any new reviews or pics of people wearing it? Gonna get back into boxing and new a new headgear.

The new Ringside MEXI-FLEX Headgear is one of the most protective headgear I have worn. It doesn't block your view like most Mexican headgears do and it is also very comfortable. It looks like we are due to receive more around February 25th. You can place an order for it now and be the first ones to get one when it gets back in stock.

AlexeyDnepr -
Because of the Flex Panels this headgear has a ton of natural adjustment. You should go with the L/XL model which will fit you perfect.

Thanks,
Darrin Clauder

Are you guys talking about ringside mexiflex headgear or something else?
Because i am planning to get one.

it is good headgear but there is better option on the market

Back