Ringside's New Mexican Sparring Headgear

CSI NATE

ringside.com // combatsports.com
@White
Reaction score
Hey guys, we wanted everyone to see the video for our newest Mexican Sparring headgear. We posted the video on the Ringside/Combat sports thread but didn't want it to get lost in all of the posts. This is truely a new product that no other fight company has (at least for the next nine months). :icon_lol:

Gentlemen,
I posted a couple months back that in the very near future you were going to start to see some really cool things from Ringside/Combat Sports and the new MHG 2 is one of those things. If you are looking for the best training headgear ever made than you should look no further than the Ringside Mexi-flex Training Headgear. The high points are:
1. All Leather outer shell for durability
2. Patented, Flex Panel Technology

I almost bought these to review but thanks to mrs. clamp i had to hold off lol

Lets see......$60.00 or an argument.........

Wear this headgear when you start the argument. Battletest it.

Hey guys, we wanted everyone to see the video for our newest Mexican Sparring headgear. We posted the video on the Ringside/Combat sports thread but didn't want it to get lost in all of the posts. This is truely a new product that no other fight company has (at least for the next nine months). :icon_lol:

Nate

Why do most companies make headgear with velcro on top/back instead just using shoe laces?

I am on the wall, because I don't like the padding on the sides of my Rival Mexican HG, the earguards are thin and hard, the Ringside looks nice.

Looks really nice...maybe I'll pick one up as a Christmas gift to myself later this year. At the moment my KOFG headgear is still getting the job done, but if I ever need more vision I'll be sure to check this out.

I am on the wall, because I don't like the padding on the sides of my Rival Mexican HG, the earguards are thin and hard, the Ringside looks nice.

I actually returned the Rival Mexican headgear because I did not like the fit (open in the nose area) and the lack of padding over the ears. I just ordered this Ringside model and will give my 2 cents once I get it.

I actually returned the Rival Mexican headgear because I did not like the fit (open in the nose area) and the lack of padding over the ears. I just ordered this Ringside model and will give my 2 cents once I get it.

Cool, thanks!

I'm interested to hear your thoughts. As product guys we are very proud of that headgear.

Looks similar to the FG2900 with the oversized cheek protectors. The only issue that I saw in the video is that it looks like the cheek protectors get pulled apart and leave a huge gap down the middle leaving the nose exposed. Anyone have any input regarding this potential issue?

Looks similar to the FG2900 with the oversized cheek protectors. The only issue that I saw in the video is that it looks like the cheek protectors get pulled apart and leave a huge gap down the middle leaving the nose exposed. Anyone have any input regarding this potential issue?

I noticed that too. My current r2c doesn't do that.

I noticed that too. My current r2c doesn't do that.

I used to have the R2C mexican headgear but ended up returning it. The cheek protectors were a little to high and blocked my lower vision and the padding on the cheek protectors were a little thin.

Yeah, all mexican styled headgear have that same design. While the stretch panels look very interesting and well thought out, something about the fit looks off. I agree that the gap is way too big but my main gripe is that the headgear looks too bulky. The main reason why I prefer mexican style headgear over other styles is that it gives a lot of protection to the nose and face, while remaining sleek and compact. I feel as though this headgear misses the mark in that aspect, but it's hard to say with only a video of it. I actually thought it looked very good in the pictures and had considered purchasing it until I saw the video.

I used to have the R2C mexican headgear but ended up returning it. The cheek protectors were a little to high and blocked my lower vision and the padding on the cheek protectors were a little thin.

same issues i had doing muaythai with this particular headgear. i ended up selling it.
people had suggested it to me on these threads even for muay thai. Never Again.

by all means its perfect for boxing. but not kick boxing

Back