Ringside New "Old Version" Super bag gloves

ElvisFan9889

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Over the past few years I've been a big proponent of IMF tech foam its great and multi-purpose nature make them great for just about anything, but I believe that it is being over-used in some cases and these gloves are an example of that.

The new bag gloves of this model have a thin layer of IMF foam, and will surely break down a lot faster than these will.

I bought them brand new on ebay, the owner had them sitting around and decided to sell them.

+Amazingly thick knuckle padding
+Super comfortable poly-tricot lining
+Good quality leather for a bag glove
+Good wrist support, although it takes some effort to tighten the glove all the way

Cons
-extra material on one of the gloves
+/- one gloves is a little denser than the other
-Velcro sticks out a little.
- Gets hot in the gloves, needs dried out
- New gloves aren't as good.

I sincerely hope ringside returns to these gloves, they have great crafstmanship and excellent hand protection. Sometimes, multi-layer is the way to go, and I think that fits these gloves gloves Even-though the New Heritage Line is looks absolutely beautiful, they will break down just like any other IMF glove. $200 is a lot to ask with a glove that is ultimately just a really, super- well constructed IMF glove, which tells me that the leather will surely outlast the foam, which hinders my desire to buy them, but the craftsmanship is gorgeous

Got some goods pics:)

i2m0wh.jpg

2dam5jb.jpg

2mrhzk8.jpg

fapild.jpg

Those look similar to some of the Ringside UK gloves and your pros/cons make me think that even more. Maybe they based their 2012 model on these.

Even-though the New Heritage Line is looks absolutely beautiful, they will break down just like any other IMF glove. $200 is a lot to ask with a glove that is ultimately just a really, super- well constructed IMF glove, which tells me that the leather will surely outlast the foam, which hinders my desire to buy them, but the craftsmanship is gorgeous
I'm going to be interested to find out how well the IMF in the Heritage gloves last. Idk of any reason why in theory a mould couldn't last as well as a layered foam glove but I suppose we'll just have to wait and see

Those super bag gloves were my first pair of "real" gloves that I got after wearing out a pair of cheap everlasts when I first started boxing. I actually preferred these to the IMF version bag gloves that ringside made which I also had at around the same time. My one complaint with these was that the hand compartment was huge, even with my big wraps.

I few friends that have used the new pro fight gloves have had a similar opinion of the old model being better than the newer IMF model as well.

Those super bag gloves were my first pair of "real" gloves that I got after wearing out a pair of cheap everlasts when I first started boxing. I actually preferred these to the IMF version bag gloves that ringside made which I also had at around the same time. My one complaint with these was that the hand compartment was huge, even with my big wraps.

I few friends that have used the new pro fight gloves have had a similar opinion of the old model being better than the newer IMF model as well.

Do you have trouble opening your hand with the old IMF models? In my experience, the newer IMF allow for easier hand opening.

Do you have trouble opening your hand with the old IMF models? In my experience, the newer IMF allow for easier hand opening.

Personally I felt that the older IMF bag gloves were extremely difficult if not impossible to open your hand with, but it was never too big of an issue since I only used them for bagwork. The old IMF training/sparring gloves were a lot easier to open your hand with; I haven't used any of the new IMF models so unfortunately I can't really compare the two.

Those super bag gloves were my first pair of "real" gloves that I got after wearing out a pair of cheap everlasts when I first started boxing.

Agreed, very different style. Now that i think of it, they were a huge step forward from the everlast.

Back