Ringside IMF Tech

over priced custom shevlins are cheaper, I getting some for sparring, ring side doe make good stuff though but it should be cheaper there equipment is ugly.

lucky SOB shevlin is in NY I have to get it shipped across the country to LB.

Hah. :icon_chee
I've heard mixed reviews about Shevlin gloves. :icon_conf

Yes, I have two pairs of the Ringside IMF Tech Training Gloves in Lace Ups. I have one pair in 16oz. in White/Black color, and one pair in 18oz. Black/White color. They are probably one of my favorite pairs of gloves. Pro quality, and exceptionally well made. If I "absolutely" had to have "only" one pair of gloves for bag, mitts, and sparring. It would be those. I did a review in the G&E Reviews section on the 16oz., White ones, that I have.

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f67/ringside-imf-tech-training-gloves-review-w-photos-1089258/

They are great gloves!

:icon_chee

Last edited:
I've used ring sides at my old MT gym its a solid glove for sparring and for bag work, I personally place little importance on bag gloves I use a pair of 50 dollar twins,I think sparring gloves should be the gloves people spend more money on.

Yes, I have two pairs of the Ringside IMF Tech Training Gloves in Lace Ups. I have one pair in 16oz. in White/Black color, and one pair in 18oz. Black/White color. They are probably one of my favorite pairs of gloves. Pro quality, and exceptionally well made. If I "absolutely" had to have "only" one pair of gloves for bag, mitts, and sparring. It would be those. I did a review in the G&E Reviews section on the 16oz White ones, that I have.

They are great gloves!

your not supposed to use one pair of gloves for every thing ,you have to have a pair of sparring gloves and a pair of bag gloves, if you hit a bag with the gloves you used to spar you damage the padding and it will hurt who ever you spar, also gloves sold under "bag gloves" designation are made with denser padding to last longer, sparring gloves are made with softer padding to minimize damage on sparring partners,it also really not hygenic to spar with a pair of gloves you hit a bag with bags are usually pretty dirty even if they look clean.

your not supposed to use one pair of gloves for every thing ,you have to have a pair of sparring gloves and a pair of bag gloves, if you hit a bag with the gloves you used to spar you damage the padding and it will hurt who ever you spar, also gloves sold under "bag gloves" designation are made with denser padding to last longer, sparring gloves are made with softer padding to minimize damage on sparring partners,it also really not hygenic to spar with a pair of gloves you hit a bag with bags are usually pretty dirty even if they look clean.

:icon_lol: Yeah, I know. If you read some of my past posts, you will see that I am a very big proponent of people definitely getting two separate pairs of gloves for each, and I do not interchange mine. That is the reason, I placed quotation marks around "absolutely" and "only" essentially meaning ie., if I were in the "stranded on a deserted island senerio" and only allowed to choose one pair of gloves, what would they be. They are great gloves, and high on my list of personal favorites.

Well my Grant gloves just arrived and i'll obviously use them for sparring so i was just looking for some really good bag gloves but since i've heard so many good things about the IMF Tech i thought why not give them a shot.

But i agree, i don't spend too much cash on bag gloves. I don't really care too much about bag gloves. Would never hit the bag with Grant/Reyes gloves. No way. I use some cheaper ones and then i go all out.

Well my Grant gloves just arrived and i'll obviously use them for sparring so i was just looking for some really good bag gloves but since i've heard so many good things about the IMF Tech i thought why not give them a shot.

But i agree, i don't spend too much cash on bag gloves. I don't really care too much about bag gloves. Would never hit the bag with Grant/Reyes gloves. No way. I use some cheaper ones and then i go all out.

The Ringside IMF Tech Training Gloves are an all-purpose training glove, that will definitely stand up to bag work, however, if they will be used extensively for bag work, you would probably be better served with the Ringside IMF Tech Bag Gloves. That is unless you prefer a training type glove.

At any rate, both are really nice gloves.

Hah. :icon_chee
I've heard mixed reviews about Shevlin gloves. :icon_conf

heads up. if you get shevlins, get them as is. dont do no custom stuff to it like mexican style cuffs and padded wrist.

they take out padding from the knuckle area in order to put padding in the wrist or cuff. so if you want a good amount of padding dont do nothing custom to it, besides the graphics or whatever.

shevlins are very very good gloves but dont have the best wrist support. extra pair of handwraps on the wrist can easily solve that. be sure to state that you want them the specific weight also.. ordered a pair of 16oz, but when i threw them on the scale they were 14's. couldnt use them to spar.

and ringside gloves are excellent gloves but i do agree the imf's are alittle overprice. if i were you i would get the regular training gloves. they're very good quality gloves and alittle cheaper.

Ringside Safety Training Gloves - Lace Cuff-www.Ringside.com

heads up. if you get shevlins, get them as is. dont do no custom stuff to it like mexican style cuffs and padded wrist.

they take out padding from the knuckle area in order to put padding in the wrist or cuff. so if you want a good amount of padding dont do nothing custom to it, besides the graphics or whatever.

shevlins are very very good gloves but dont have the best wrist support. extra pair of handwraps on the wrist can easily solve that. be sure to state that you want them the specific weight also.. ordered a pair of 16oz, but when i threw them on the scale they were 14's. couldnt use them to spar.

and ringside gloves are excellent gloves but i do agree the imf's are alittle overprice. if i were you i would get the regular training gloves. they're very good quality gloves and alittle cheaper.

Ringside Safety Training Gloves - Lace Cuff-www.Ringside.com
good looking out I'll go sans cuffs and padded wrist.

I have the IMF Tech elastic cuff gloves 18 oz and love them. They have great stability and feel very natural. If you take them on and off, I don't suggest the elastic cuff.

I wanted to use them for sparring, they might arrive tomorrow. They're lace ups so i don't really want to use them on the bag, because we don't wear the gloves that long when we work the heavybag. I prefer velcro when i hit the bag.

Back