Ringside IMF Tech Training Gloves on Sale. Wow!

It depends. Sometimes it is only until stock levels are back down, and other times it may be all weekend. I have seen some sales as short as one day, and others for a longer time period.

I am tempted to grab another pair at that price, but, I have some Cleto Reyes Training Gloves in 16oz., in blue color, lace ups, on the way from another place.

:icon_chee

Hi. Are you talking about the Ringside Reyes or the Mexican Market Reyes from ebay or something?

Difference?

Not sure. This is my first pair of Mexican style gloves, so maybe someone else can jump in here and answer that. Some people say they are the same, and others swear the Mexican market gloves are different, and better.

Read the whole article; thanks for the link!

From what I surmised, any original issues with Ringside Reyes were addressed and are actually exceeding of the MM Reyes in certain areas.

I may purchase some Reyes bag gloves here soon. That may be my last large gear purchase for a while, or until the burn machine price drops

Read the whole article; thanks for the link!

From what I surmised, any original issues with Ringside Reyes were addressed and are actually exceeding of the MM Reyes in certain areas.

I may purchase some Reyes bag gloves here soon. That may be my last large gear purchase for a while, or until the burn machine price drops

I read that thread several times in the past, and people are all over the board with what they are referring to as "Mexican Market" Reyes or Ringside Reyes gloves. And, I have still yet to find or get a specific or definitve answer on the difference. The opinions out there are split 50/50 over whether people prefer the "Mexican Market" Reyes, that are supposedly not for official USA import, or the ones Ringside sells.

I am not sure they are not comparing the lace ups with the hook and loops, and even then that is information provided on the Ringside website, and only mentions that the H&L's are handmade in Mexico, while that information is omitted from the description of the Ringside Reyes lace ups.

Ringside's stock photos also seem to be really out dated on the Reyes gloves, as they do not even look like that anymore. The "Rate this Gear" guy on Youtube previously stated, he really disliked a pair of Ringside Reyes and actually returned them to Ringside, yet in the last month he did a review on the Reyes gloves that he was compted from Boxing Depot, and stated in a review that he, "has changed his mind and likes these much better." Now, since Ringside is one of only two authorized Cleto Reyes distributors in the USA, and Boxing Depot sells the Ringside IMF's, logic would lead you to believe that is where Boxing Depot gets their Reyes gloves from also.

I have heard everything from numerous sources ranging from "Mexican Market Reyes", "Ringside Reyes", to "horsehair", "the hand pockets are too big", "the hand pockets are too small", "they are really spongy", "they are really stiffly padded", "I like the padding and support in the cuff", "there is not enough padding and support in the cuff", and I am actually beginning to think about seventy-five persent of it actually sounds more like misinformation, and horsesh*t, rather than horsehair to me. :icon_lol:

One thing that I can say for sure is that I purchased a pair of "Mexican Market" Cleto Reyes Training Gloves in 16oz., Lace Ups, in Blue Color, from an Ebay seller (Mexicanfightgear), and received them on Saturday. And, they are absolutely beautiful gloves! The workmanship is outstanding.

I was going to skip doing a review on these, however, one may be necessary. And, in the meantime, I will be happy to try to answer any questions about the ones that I received.

Last edited:
Thanks for the detailed write up, ECS. A review would be much appreciated.

I'll email Ringside and see if they'll divulge further info as to the differences--if any at all-- and I'll post up the reply

I can't recall if you mentioned this before, but where did you purchase the Reyes from?

I'll email Ringside and see if they'll divulge further info as to the differences--if any at all-- and I'll post up the reply

I can't recall if you mentioned this before, but where did you purchase the Reyes from?

Please follow up in here! I would like to know, and I'm sure others are still waiting to find out the truthful differences between today's USA Reyes and MM Reyes.

An Ebay seller (Mexicanfightgear). And, as far as feedback that I left for him, "Great item, great price, excellent communication, fast shipping".

He answers email promptly, and I received my gloves in two days.

As mentioned before I'm looking for a quality dedicated bag glove. Would you recommend the MM's for bag work?

I read that thread several times in the past, and people are all over the board with what they are referring to as "Mexican Market" Reyes or Ringside Reyes gloves. And, I have still yet to find or get a specific or definitve answer on the difference. The opinions out there are split 50/50 over whether people prefer the "Mexican Market" Reyes, that are supposedly not for official USA import, or the ones Ringside sells.

I'm sure you'll review your new gloves when they arrive. I have a pair of 18oz Special Edition CR gloves coming from Ringside, so I could just comment in your thread about the distinguishable differences if there are any. It wouldn't be completely apples to apples though because mine would be the SE version which I believe might be a production that is a few years old now. Don't know if changes have been made to the standard glove since then or if the only difference should be the colors.

As mentioned before I'm looking for a quality dedicated bag glove. Would you recommend the MM's for bag work?

The ones that I purchased and received are an all purpose training glove, and definitely stout enough for bag work. Just keep in mind that there are very nice quality bag gloves out there, that are available for half the price of the Reyes Training Gloves, and as always, it is highly recommended to use a separate pair of gloves for bag work and sparring.

I'm sure you'll review your new gloves when they arrive. I have a pair of 18oz Special Edition CR gloves coming from Ringside, so I could just comment in your thread about the distinguishable differences if there are any. It wouldn't be completely apples to apples though because mine would be the SE version which I believe might be a production that is a few years old now. Don't know if changes have been made to the standard glove since then or if the only difference should be the colors.

So, you dropped the hammer on that gift certificate, and ordered some gloves. I saw some actual photos of those Reyes SE gloves somewhere (can't remember where), and they looked really nice. Better than the photos Ringside uses, so you should be pleased with them.

Please follow up in here! I would like to know, and I'm sure others are still waiting to find out the truthful differences between today's USA Reyes and MM Reyes.

Cleto Reyes "Mexican Market" Training Gloves vs "Ringside" Cleto Reyes Training Gloves.

Ok, here is the information that I obtained in reference to the on going debate as to which gloves are better, the Cleto Reyes "Mexican Market" Training Gloves or the "Ringside" Cleto Reyes Training Gloves. The information was obtained from the following sources:

* Cleto Reyes Boxing in Mexico.
* Ringside Boxing in USA. (Officially Authorized Cleto Reyes USA Distributor).
* Lockwood

So, you dropped the hammer on that gift certificate, and ordered some gloves. I saw some actual photos of those Reyes SE gloves somewhere (can't remember where), and they looked really nice. Better than the photos Ringside uses, so you should be pleased with them.

I didn't need those gloves, but I had to use that damn certificate for something (they only last a year). I picked up 18oz SE Reyes, IMF bag gloves and a few other things... Couldn't get myself to pay such an obscene amount for the Grant Pro super bag gloves.

You know, some of that investigative work (Ringside/Mexican market Reyes, Fairtex super bag gloves and so on) should be compiled into a FAQ thread...

Back