Ringside IMF Pro-fight glove

BGV1s and Majik gave you the link already, btw welcome!

I think Ringside's 10oz IMF mold is very good. Your hand is in a comfortable position, you land on your knuckles, it's easy to make a fist, it's a snug fit for a L sized hand, there's really no break in, and there's a lot of knuckle protection. I'd even go so far to say that I'd be okay with someone sparring me in them (I have). Their 16oz has more side to side play.

Regarding the leather, by the pictures you posted, you definitely look like you've gotten better leather than I've ever gotten from Ringside. Most of the Ringside stuff I've gotten, the leather, has been on par with Ring to Cage. Not saying that's a bad thing, but all of the Fairtex gloves I've owned (BGL1 or BGL6, BGV1, and BGV5) had noticeably better leather. Maybe I should pick up the exact model you have and give it a shot. Also based on the BGV1 pictures you posted, the leather doesn't look as good as the ones I've owned or have seen in person. Don't give up on Fairtex just yet. BGL6, that's your next glove :)

BTW how come you sold your Rivals?

I just wasnt using them for one; and i bought them on sale with the intention of trading them. I didnt sell them just traded :)

Thinking about trading the bvg1s though

Yeah I didn't like my BVG1s either. They just felt "okay". For a guy with a lot of gloves "okay" means they'll never get used and put in rotation.

You didn't seem to get the best leather on yours either, which is a selling point for Fairtex.

I just wasnt using them for one; and i bought them on sale with the intention of trading them. I didnt sell them just traded :)

Thinking about trading the bvg1s though

Oh Strato, I believe many here have brought to the attention of readers on this acclaimed forum, that fairtex velcro gloves are not the equivalent to the lace up. Now there are specific models that are velcro versions of a lace up product but the BGV1 is its own animal and shouldnt be compared to say my Bgl6 or the BGL3 or 7. Now for what they are and how they are made I dont think you will find a better muay thai styled glove, they are not designed as well and therefore suffer in quality not because of craftsmanship or materials, but rather in design. A yugo made with rolls royce materials and craftsmen is still just a well made yugo.

Thank you sir, thank you!

Gear-friend who is nathankoboxer08 on ebay, who owns a lot of top end equipment (Winning, Grant, Reyes, Beaulieu, Lemarr, Rival, Hayabusa Tokushus etc etc) and who's views on gear I've always agreed with and valued highly, he told me about these gloves just now:

They are awesome mate. Probably my 2nd favourite behind my Winnings. They are so comfortable, give unreal knuckle protection for a 10oz glove, easy to make a fist, thumb is spot on, nice grip bar, wrist support is top class - way better than my Grants. They give great feedback on pads and heavy bag and have very little rebound. A class glove mate

Think he bought them from Blair

Strato have you had any kind of bubbling in these gloves?

Last edited:
0 bubblez, my very 1st set of ringsides which I went down memory lane which is why I boycotted ringside but it was a bad batch of IMF several years ago is what Justin told me.

These have 0 bubbles and I actually use them on Mondays for heavy bag work. and I love using them on curved mitts for a nice pop.

The padding is really good your friend is correct, but imo I really love the wrist and being a lace up its easily one of the most supportive laceups period.

Actually I cant think of a better lace up glove atm (regarding the wrist).

My opinion differs on your friends a bit, I think my Winnings, Beaulieus, and R2C Customs are infront of this in terms of protectiness. But to be fair this is the ONLY 10oz glove I currently own now.

Thanks, hoping to work something out with Justin for a pair to the UK. We'll see what happens, don't want to break the bank on them as I'm planning on ordering Winnings too which is enough

Last edited:
You know Beaulieu offers different densities right Minow? The soft IMF is ALOT more forgiving and doesn't really have the spring.

yes, the two gloves I just received are soft IMF and I have the same opinion. Have had one previous soft IMF and two that were much denser.

Last edited:
hmm weird, I have 1 medium 1 soft atm and they feel quite different. Not arguing with you bro, you have more experience with Beaulieu gloves than I do.

My red and whites are literally perfect.

They definitely do feel different, no doubt, but I dont think any of their IMF is noticeably more protective compared to the better past and present IMF gloves from Adidas or Lonsdale, Tuf-Wear (Europe) and Probox I've tried.

They definitely do feel different, no doubt, but I dont think any of their IMF is noticeably more protective compared to the better past and present IMF gloves from Adidas or Lonsdale, Tuf-Wear (Europe) and Probox I've tried.

I was not a fan of adidas gloves, they just caved in, I m not sure what model or glove I used, it wasn't a super cheap one that's for sure.

Lonsdale, ive ALWAYS wanted to try them out, but always been skeptical about them.

And the other 2, never heard of them but they are local you said to Eu?

Lonsdale have terrible craftmanship but the materials they use are good. Still, terrible stitching and everything. I reviewed their most expensive gloves awhile ago

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f67/lonsdale-ultimate-pro-fight-training-gloves-2153509/

I think some of their line is okay for the price, just not gloves.

Not saying the Adidas don't cave in, as I've only tried friends' pairs, although even their AIBA gloves seem to hold up fine on the bags, but those I listed are pretty much all the IMF gloves I've tried besides Bill's and they all seem to protect to about the same degree. I'm sure there are differences between individual pairs and I'm going off of my memory here but I never really thought Beaulieu's were particularly special or stood out at all in terms of protection, when compared to other IMF gloves, although they do offer very good hand protection if you're just comparing them to the norm.

I am a fan of IMF and it protects very well, and in past reviews I imagine I have rated the Beaulieus well for hand protection because of that, but I am starting to come around to the opinion that a very good layered foam is still the way to go for the absolute best experience possible with the Beaulieu brand (or, off topic: horsehair, maybe "gel"). The Beaulieu layered foam feels better than their IMF does when used on the bags in my opinion, nice feedback and very nice shock absorption, although I'm not a heavyweight and some might have the problem of their knuckles coming through which wouldn't happen for them with an IMF glove.

I actually thought the denser Beaulieu IMF protects better for bags/pads too than having it softer, and I nearly always prefer the feel of softly padded gloves.

Tuf-Wear that I'm thinking of

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f67/tuf-wear-safety-spar-16oz-review-2318855/

And Punchtown IMF

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f67/punchtown-bxr-ex-boxing-gloves-10oz-2100715/

edit:

wanted to add this after going through some Ringside threads and seeing a shihtzu post

It all depends on what materials one uses. And also what meaning the "protection" has got. If "your knuckles never go through = the best protection" then definitely IMF is super protective. If by "protection " is meant shock absorption then it is not quite so.
If the layered foam is made of superb materials of different densities like in Winning gloves then it can provide superb performance and durability, much better than any IMF I have tried.
Claiming IMF is the Zikkurat of current padding technology is (speaking softly) an overkill.
IMF is still a good and a cheap choice for sparring.

Completely agree with this. I'm now quite interested in these Ringside IMF fight gloves -- want to see if they've a more protective formula than all the other IMFs Ive tried, if I can fit it into the gear budget. nathankoboxer08 has lots of hand troubles like myself, and we've had similar thoughts on a lot of the same owned equipment, so that's what peaked my interest.

Last edited:
Minow have u tried the r2c mim? If so what do u think of those?

Never tried anything from R2C. I once tried to get a pair of H&L converters from them (ended up with Title ones from Boomer at Cageside) and they quoted me $45 for shipping to the UK lol. Not bothered to see what quotes would be for anything else

Damn I was curious about what you thought about their deluxe MiM model

I like adidas boxing gloves. I tried the adistars I believe they are called. They are the expensive all leather ones on title. They are a little big in the 16oz version,but were very protective on the bag and good for sparring.

Back