Ringside IMF Pro-fight glove

StRatoCastR

Gear Tester/Reviewer
@Brown
Reaction score
Ladies, and gentlemen lets get ready to REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVIEW:

Ok so quick background story here, I used to hate Ringside, I had an order go sour about 4-5 years ago regarding a Ringside IMF glove that got pimpled up. Justin from Ringside gave me a ring and asked what he could do to help. I basically told him I had no receipt or even the original gloves. He asked for some info on what address I used and etc. He looked it up. 2 days later I got a set of IMF pros, some heritage wraps, and some small trinkets. I must say what he did was amazing. I totally did not expect it. So he helped me out. Anyhow, he didn't ask for a review or anything but I felt I had to share the fix action for what it was 4-5 years in the making. I was so impressed I also spent some hard earned cash on some Ringside Invictos which should be coming early next week! Stay tuned for those.

Ok so these are the 10oz IMF pros: http://www.ringside.com/ringside/ringside-imf-pro-fight-gloves-12620.html#

and it was CSI Justin that helped me out from Ringside.

These normally retail at $99 US

The Padding: Honestly, I was surprised, these are pretty damn protective for only being a 10oz glove. They produce very minimum recoil despite being IMF. I think that's partly due to it being such a small weight. And the absorption is really beautiful. I think these are one of the most protective glove Ive ever worn, and that's to include the small 10oz size. It is probably easy to say that they are the most protective Fight glove on the market. Training glove wise though, Winning takes the cake still! Putting rounds into these gloves offers good feedback but without paying the price of sore knuckles. Though of course, the feedback isn't nearly as good as a 10oz Reyes, or the Rival Guerrero RFX fight glove. Also, these have worked great on the bag despite them being IMF. Usually its hard to land right on the sweet spot of the knuckles but these put your hand in a perfect position to land correctly. I think the fist protection is what people may like vs the other fight gloves I mentioned. But again, I am NOT sure if these can be used in a Pro-fight setting. Ive never heard of IMF being allowed, doesn't mean it cant, Im just unsure.

The Look: Long and lean, pretty sweet looking gloves. Ironically, I typically stay away from black, but then I realized... I don't have a single black pair of gloves anymore. The contrast between the white and black looks pretty good IMO. Gloves sport a spiffy looking wrist, that has rigid foam cutouts on the back of the wrist. For the inner wrist, the lace closure is the new Quick-lace closure.

The Feel: The feel is great, they fit my hand about as perfect as you can. They aren't loose anywhere, and they aren't tight. They literally feel/fit like a glove. The Grip bar is one of the most ideal that I have ever felt. The ability to get loud pops on the bag and the mitts is pretty damn good despite being IMF. The hand is easy to open and close but you can not open your hand to its fullest ability. I am totally a fan of the quick lace. A lot of tension gets put on the bottom laces though, so Im curious how long it will last. Good moisture wicking liner, very light weight feeling glove. Doesn't feel top heavy at all, feels very balanced. Gloves are lean and long, gloves were weighed and are TRUE weight, meaning they say they are 10oz and they weigh 10oz. The thumb feels pretty dang good as to where it sits. The glove itself is extremely balanced. The IMF is super protective for a fight glove, though I am NOT sure if it is allowed to be in an actual sanctioned match.

The Wrist: I love the wrist support on these, I cant flex my wrist backwards no matter how hard I try. Easily the best wrist support Ive encountered for a fight glove! There is quite a bit of padding on the back side of the wrist, excellent design, I really like it. I don't think enough can be said about the wrist itself. Because of the lace closure and the rigid foam on the back hand, those with wrist issues will LOVE the glove.

The Leather: The leather is pretty good quality, its probably a 8/10 on the leather, its smooth, its medium softness, and it seems pretty durable. Vent holes on the thumb, doesn't get too hot.

Stitching: No loose stitches, no frayed stitches, no loose ends either! Usually in almost every glove Ive had to burn off the little stray ends so they don't unwind, I didn't find a single loose end on either of this glove set.

The Quick lace: I like it a lot, I feel that I can get a lot of tension in without losing a lot of it as im trying to lace them up. You still cant lace them up by yourself but I think its a good design. Im not sure if these will work with elastic laces because as I stated before the bottom rungs seem to hold a lot of the tension. I feel this is a much smarter design than traditional lace and cinching up the glove comes a million times easier! You don't need to play with the laces and adjust row by row to get the proper fit, you simply just tug the bottom and everything is cinched up equally! Much better fit and feel than traditional laces, and you can probably lace up your gloves properly in about 1/2 the time to boot.

Overall: Excellent fight glove! Very, Very supportive. The quick lace makes total and complete sense. I don't think ANYONE Will have wrist issues with the glove. I do raise/pose a question if IMF is allowed in a Pro-fight setting. The Padding itself is very good for a pro-fight, its protective for sure, I think it makes better use as a training glove though. I don't knock any points off it because you NEED to feel what this glove is actually like! Great glove, clever quick-lace design. For the price these are GREAT gloves to have!

Overall: 94% / A

For those that do not like to read (

Last edited:
Another excellent review!!!! Awesome to see how well Justin took care of you!!! It's people like him that can put faith back into a company.

Yeah man, I don't think ill go through anyone else just him.

Strat,

Excellent review, man. You chronicle your experiences in detail. Glad to hear Justin & Ringside are back in your good graces.

Top 3? Coming from you, that says a lot.
My only discretion was that each of my IMFs have that smidgen of rebound and you addressed that firsthand.

And thanks for the detailed pics. I've had my eyes on these for mittwork.
I'm in on this one. Looks to be worth the $99US.

Looking forward to your take on the Invictos.

Yeah man in don't bs I was blown away how good they performed. I think those wanting that 10oz fit but need good protection should get these. I've been blasting the heavy bag, mitts and de bag with these. I've been using them the last 3 days about 10-12 rounds per day and only using these gloves because they feel great, THAT great.

Nice review man!
I have a different model in 10oz from Ringside and I like them too. I've even sparred in mine, when we wanted to go faster, but still be protected.

Would you post a side profile pic so we can see the curve on the knuckle foam?
Also a pic of the lining?
The foam on the back of the wrist, does it feel like foam, or more of a rubber material?

Starto, are you serious only 10/10 in terms of leather quality is left to the others? :) You are a bit generous, my friend.

Last edited:
The leather is good imo i think its better than my fairtex that i just got.

The only leather that i currently own better than these are reyes, beaulieu, my formerly owned rival rfx, i think thats it.

The big + for me on these gloves is the protection, fit, and feel.

Some nifty stuff is the lace system, the cuff, the grip location.

I know the rating seems high but im sure firstdan will agree with me how these gloves are.

Here are the images you requested:

e05i.jpg

tdpd.jpg

Nice black crocks lol

You know they are the best invention ever, I wear combat boots EVERY day and I know crocs look retarded but omg they make your feet feel amazing if your just walking around and stuff. I have really flat feet and putting them on is like this holy light comes down from heaven and touches my feet.

Nice review strat, wrist support looks really really ridiculously good looking. But I'm sure theres more to these gloves than being really really ridiculously good looking.

Let me know how the invictos are I have been eyeing them a while now. I was thinking about what u said strat in the c17 thread about why can other companies make 'Mexican' style gloves, but when it comes to Japanese style they usually get ridiculed. I think its 2 things basically:

1. The materials are easier to replicate due to the price range. The unanimous leader Reyes are still only 170 at the most. I'm sure its easier for a company to get materials like that since that's weigh more affordable. But undeniabley Reyes still stands put of the pack.

2. The Japanese are Japanese. I actually called and talked to Kazumichi yesterday. Dude was like a full blown samurai. I thought I was talking to God, but admittedly I've been on some pain pills as I broke my foot a couple days ago. Anyway he was a pro boxer, which I confirmed on boxrec and he talked about his philosophy of living and how he's actually shy of the phone and email, not the elitist I harshly labeled him as. This ties back because Winning thinks of there glove like the samurai think of their swords. Its the fighting spirit and perfection that drives winning. You an try to replicate materials all day, but heart is something totally different.

Last edited:
"Japanese style" is a weird thing to say, because there's no "Japanese style" boxing gloves. There's nothing that defines boxing gloves from Japan. When anyone says "Japanese style" is really just means Winning-inspired.

You know they are the best invention ever, I wear combat boots EVERY day and I know crocs look retarded but omg they make your feet feel amazing if your just walking around and stuff. I have really flat feet and putting them on is like this holy light comes down from heaven and touches my feet.
I have those same ones, wear them around the house

also, good review

Nice review strat, wrist support looks really really ridiculously good looking. But I'm sure theres more to these gloves than being really really ridiculously good looking.

Let me know how the invictos are I have been eyeing them a while now. I was thinking about what u said strat in the c17 thread about why can other companies make 'Mexican' style gloves, but when it comes to Japanese style they usually get ridiculed. I think its 2 things basically:

1. The materials are easier to replicate due to the price range. The unanimous leader Reyes are still only 170 at the most. I'm sure its easier for a company to get materials like that since that's weigh more affordable. But undeniabley Reyes still stands put of the pack.

2. The Japanese are Japanese. I actually called and talked to Kazumichi yesterday. Dude was like a full blown samurai. I thought I was talking to God, but admittedly I've been on some pain pills as I broke my foot a couple days ago. Anyway he was a pro boxer, which I confirmed on boxrec and he talked about his philosophy of living and how he's actually shy of the phone and email, not the elitist I harshly labeled him as. This ties back because Winning thinks of there glove like the samurai think of their swords. Its the fighting spirit and perfection that drives winning. You an try to replicate materials all day, but heart is something totally different.

The wrist support is crazy good, I like them most for that.

I think minow is right maybe we should use winning-spired and not based.

Yea that probably more appropriate, I was just using what ring to cage and other companies have called them.

Thanks for the pix. The leather looks good. I bout a pair of the 16oz Ringside Pro Style IMF in white awhile back, similar design as these. The black leather was fine, but the white seemed dry and not glossy. It definitely felt like a lower quality leather than the black. Do you notice this on yours? I guess I should have bought black. Also on the Pro Style there was a hard rubber piece on the back of the wrist, I found that annoying. It gave better support, but it made it harder for the glove to contour to my forearms. I asked Ringside about them, and the newer gloves use a softer rubber. Does yours have this as well?

BTW I use a seam ripper to take off the inside warning label. For some reason companies like to use scratchy material.

Here are the images you requested:

I think Ringside's 10oz IMF mold is very good. Your hand is in a comfortable position, you land on your knuckles, it's easy to make a fist, it's a snug fit for a L sized hand, there's really no break in, and there's a lot of knuckle protection. I'd even go so far to say that I'd be okay with someone sparring me in them (I have). Their 16oz has more side to side play.

Regarding the leather, by the pictures you posted, you definitely look like you've gotten better leather than I've ever gotten from Ringside. Most of the Ringside stuff I've gotten, the leather, has been on par with Ring to Cage. Not saying that's a bad thing, but all of the Fairtex gloves I've owned (BGL1 or BGL6, BGV1, and BGV5) had noticeably better leather. Maybe I should pick up the exact model you have and give it a shot. Also based on the BGV1 pictures you posted, the leather doesn't look as good as the ones I've owned or have seen in person. Don't give up on Fairtex just yet. BGL6, that's your next glove :)

BTW how come you sold your Rivals?

The leather is good imo i think its better than my fairtex that i just got.

The only leather that i currently own better than these are reyes, beaulieu, my formerly owned rival rfx, i think thats it.

The big + for me on these gloves is the protection, fit, and feel.

Some nifty stuff is the lace system, the cuff, the grip location.

I know the rating seems high but im sure firstdan will agree with me how these gloves are.

Strat,
Which fairtex gloves did you get and will you be doing a review of them as well?

Back