Ringside IMF Pro Fight Glove 10oz Review

rmphilmacrac

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Late/early review, it being 1am over here but i promised a review so heres the first. Let me apologize before hand, im writing this up on my phone so there might be various spelling errors.

Quality/Construction/Shape
These gloves are very well made, not many complaints when it comes to quality honesty. I have no loose stitching, the stitching is also very straight, on point. The leather is some pretty nice quality too. Its not my favorite leather though, i would say the C17s leather is better. None the less though the leather on these gloves is nice and under the flash of my camera it looks very vibrant. Ill be posting a picture closer to true color than the rest. The flash caused the gloves to look a little orange at least on my screen but no they're a true red.

I first got these mainly for the 10oz, price, and looks. My friend called them, "power ranger gloves," because of the red color and also the channels on the back. The glove almost looks like some type of gauntlet. The striking surface is also very rounded and small. The overall shape of the glove is aesthetically pleasing in my opinion. Almost like a red bullet. The look really got me so i placed my order right after i saw them. The length of them is also nice, i prefer longer cuffs and these gloves look very long and slim.

Feel/Performance

Now this is the main problem i have with these gloves. First of all the thumb. Its a straight thumb, Its not, "Winning," straight but it keeps your thumb straight and i like that. The problem is that the palm area of my thumb gets pinched and i have very small hands so that surprised me. Its not a horrible pinch to the point where my thumb loses some circulation or anything but its there, its definitely annoying and just such an unnecessary feeling.

Secondly the IMF padding itself. IMF is nice because it keeps a nice shape. Like i said before the shape of these gloves was one of the reasons why i bought them. They were very rounded And i could imagine practically cutting the air with every punch. Now these were my second IMF gloves. The first being some MMA hybrid gloves and i like that padding, it was easy to break in by hand and it got soft over time. The padding on these Ringside gloves though is very firm. I would say its good for bag work but not for sparring. Yes the gloves are 10oz and not recommended for sparring but im not going off the weight im going off the feeling of the padding. Its firm and i would hate to punch someone with that type of padding. To avoid comments over this let me be clear by saying that i never used these for sparring. Think about it this way, Winning gloves are considered, "pillows," and if you press down on the padding it leaves a slight indent that goes away quick. That padding is very spondgy and soft like a pillow, the IMF padding on the other hand is the opposite. It will NOT shape to anything, it bounces back to shape quick and thats why i dont consider the padding good for sparring. I know others do but for me id prefer getting hit with Winning style padding than with IMF. The padding does a good job at protecting your hands but probably not your sparring partners face. The IMF is just firm and even with bag work the padding still is pretty firm. So firm that no matter what i used to wrap my knuckles they always got sore after just a couple rounds on the heavy bag. Again though, thats not because of the weight the IMF padding is just firm, ive used 12oz C17s on the bag before and my knuckles felt fine even when i manged to feel the shock of the impact through my hand, when i felt my Knuckles practically go through the padding, my knuckles still never hurt using those gloves. I ended up not using the Ringsides for the heavy bag and these have become my double end bag and mitt gloves. I will say that they felt nice on the bag before my knuckles got sore though. Theres a nice bounce and in my opinion that bounce really helps to keep your hands up to your face. They also protect your hands pretty well, i never hurt my wrist or hands in these, ive never jammed my thumb, the only thing is i got sore knuckles. But i still prefer them for the double end bag or mitts, specifically the double because of how small the striking surface is of these gloves. It makes hitting the bag a little more of a challenge once it starts swinging a little.

Now i know a lot of people love Ringsides IMF gloves, remember this is just my opinion. Personally i thought the IMF was Terrible and ive vowed to never buy anymore IMF gloves. That being said i have let other people use these gloves for bag work and theyve liked it. Their knuckles dont get sore, they thought the gloves were great for the bag. So again just my opinion, i prefer Winning padding for sparring and Tokushu padding for bag work.

Wrist/QTT

The wrist protection on these things is great. My wrist stays straight, theres some good resistance both forward and back word so bending your wrist isnt too easy. I think the wrist protection is one of the best of any lace up. The back of the wrist also has channels which you can run your laces through, a very nice touch in my opinion.

The QTT is what Ringside calls their Quick Tie Tech. Its very easy to tighten up gloves with this little innovation. Just pull them tight and lace them up, theres less of a hassle when compared to traditional laces. The nice pattern and black loops also look very nice and just adds to the look of the gloves.

Weight

These being pro fight gloves they are pretty close to true to weight, weighing in at around 10.8oz.

Overall

These gloves arent bad in my opinion. Like i said they became my double end bag and mitt gloves because the striking surface is compact and because my knuckles dont get sore when using them for these things. When it comes to these gloves if you like IMF you'll like these if not then dont waste your money. Personally i dont regret buying them or anything, they're very nice gloves and im just not a fan of the padding thats all. They taught me that i prefer layered padding. They cost me $100 but ive seen them go for around $80 in some places and thats a pretty decent price.

+QTT
+Construction/Quality
+Wirst Support
+Shape
+/-IMF
+/-Thumb
-No palm vent holes

XghSe44.jpg

KyoIfQf.jpg

Last edited:
nb3wn2J.jpg

6feTpZd.jpg

hKLnUdd.jpg

Again i apologize for any spelling or grammer errors. I also apologize in advance if i missed anything, ill probably be updating this soon, maybe later today because i know ive missed something things such as the liner. In my opinion this isnt a very good review so again my sincerest apology.

Awesome review you are geting better my friend. Keep up the good work! I 100% agree on the review. Although my knuckles didnt get sore.

Are these pretty new? I've heard people say that the older batches of Ringside IMF were softer.

Are these pretty new? I've heard people say that the older batches of Ringside IMF were softer.
Ive had these for around a year, maybe a little less so i cant say. They're new for me haha thats for sure. I dont have much experience with IMF so im not sure if i have a new foam or the old foam

Awesome review you are geting better my friend. Keep up the good work! I 100% agree on the review. Although my knuckles didnt get sore.
Thank you very much! But yeah i figured, i think the knuckles are just a, "me," problem. Either way though im still not a fan of IMF after these, even the Combat sports IMF feels hard on my knuckles. Layered padding all the way

Yeah i think layered will always reign supreme.

How is the hand pocket with these gloves? I have heard these run on the smaller side.

How is the hand pocket with these gloves? I have heard these run on the smaller side.
Id have to agree with that. Thats part of the reason why my knuckles got sore and i have pretty small hands.

You always do some pimp reviews. Very nice. Glad to read this one because its something I hadn't seen on here yet.

You always do some pimp reviews. Very nice. Glad to read this one because its something I hadn't seen on here yet.
Thanks for reading man! I think Strato might haave reviewed these too before. If i recall he has the black ones.

Ill be reviewing some headgear and shinguuards next. If all goes well i might have a UMA review or two up later in the week or the following week

nice review rmphilmacrac ,
on side note , your writing style and reviews reminds me of a very famous reviewer here named CLAMP
anyways , ringside gloves look very nice.

nice review rmphilmacrac ,
on side note , your writing style and reviews reminds me of a very famous reviewer here named CLAMP
anyways , ringside gloves look very nice.
Thank you very much! But is that so? Wow, ive only read a couple of his reviews. I think ive read more Strato reviews rhan anyone elses

Thanks for reading man! I think Strato might haave reviewed these too before. If i recall he has the black ones.

Ill be reviewing some headgear and shinguuards next. If all goes well i might have a UMA review or two up later in the week or the following week

They have Rodrigo, some of these members are fickle at times, even though they made posts in my review. Its okay though, doesnt bother me. Keep up the good work bud. And thanks for your constant support bro!

Rodrigo here is the video I did back in 2013

Last edited:
They have Rodrigo, some of these members are fickle at times, even though they made posts in my review. Its okay though, doesnt bother me. Keep up the good work bud. And thanks for your constant support bro!

Rodrigo here is the video I did back in 2013

Yeah i remember that! You also have the black though dont you? I could have sworn i read a review of yours where you reviewed the black and white ones.

But thank you very much! I should be expecting my UMAs this Friday, ill be putting up a review by the end of next week hopefully. Ill be taking a miny vacation so what better than to spend my free time testing new gear hahaha

Yeah i had a replacement pair from Justin Appleberry. There was an order that went sour on regular IMF trainers that had the massive bubble defect and I tossed aside ringside. 2 years later Justin saw a negative response that I had on IMF gloves and he looked up my order that was 2 years old and basically sent me the black and white pair to replace the faulty trainers. Since then I restarted doing business with Ringside.

Yeah i had a replacement pair from Justin Appleberry. There was an order that went sour on regular IMF trainers that had the massive bubble defect and I tossed aside ringside. 2 years later Justin saw a negative response that I had on IMF gloves and he looked up my order that was 2 years old and basically sent me the black and white pair to replace the faulty trainers. Since then I restarted doing business with Ringside.
Oh i see, thats pretty awesome wow

Back