Ringside Heritage 10oz Pro Fight Gloves

Well in another thread a video has already been posted of floyd going through his gear and there is only winning and just 2 grant...i'm still waiting for your comparative test to prove us otherwise that heritage is the best. You said you would provide one. We aren't attacking you...we're just trying to say you may have a distorted view of your products value in terms of price. Ringside products are good....but not 200 dollars good or even 150 good no offense...

Also you should address more clearly why the heritage is 100 dollar better than the standard imf pro fight gloves...

Also just because you say boxers get winning gear for free doesnt make that true either...and actually its been known not to be true in the slightest...so thats not a good way to go about things.

Last edited:
You did not respond whether the foam in 100 bucks IMF differs from (the best in the world) 200 bucks Heritage fight.

shihtzu - My answer is the $100 Ringside IMF Pro Fights utilize the stiffer padding similar in feel to the Heritage sparring gloves so the (HPFG1) would be roughly 20% softer when compressing over the knuckle.

Darrin Clauder

Thank you for the respond, Darrin.

Well, a brief advice: it would be very nice (we all would benefit from this) if you would try and learn at least one different method of argumentation apart from "it is true because I think/say this is true, regardless anything", which is unfortunately your main method currently.
answer is the $100 Ringside IMF Pro Fights utilize the stiffer padding similar in feel to the Heritage sparring gloves so the (HPFG1) would be roughly 20% softer when compressing over the knuckle.
Darrin Clauder
Thank you again, but obviously I was asking about the difference between Heritage FIGHT and IMF 10 oz. FIGHT...

Last edited:
Hey shihtzu bro i think Darrin is saying (although not that clearly) that imf pro fight has same padding as the sparring gloves heritage uses, whereas the heritage fight uses a softer imf padding than the imf pro fight/heritage sparring gloves.

Hey shihtzu bro i think Darrin is saying (although not that clearly) that imf pro fight has same padding as the sparring gloves heritage uses, whereas the heritage fight uses a softer imf padding than the imf pro fight/heritage sparring gloves.

Ah, sorry mate (and thank you), my mistake. Was confused by HPFG1 instead of Heritage Fight.
Well, those 20% do not make a big difference. The chemical composition is the same (Darrin, correct me please if I am wrong again), just the density is different. Just like in case of bayfill (3 different densities).

HOWEVER, my mistake, I thought HPFG1 have the same padding as IMF PFG. They do not, HPFG1 have actually a 20% softer padding.

Sorry, Darrin, my mistake!

Also I must add that in this case HPFG1 are exactly my taste (just in terms of imf, not in general).
I like a softer IMF than Heritage sparring/bag gloves have.

Nevertheless no force in the world would make me buying them lol 150 + 90 shipping to Europe + 20% taxes = almost 300 bucks (exactly like 16 oz. Winning) lol

Last edited:
Also you should address more clearly why the heritage is 100 dollar better than the standard IMF pro fight gloves...

mixedmajik - The short answer would be that I pay my manufacture twice as much for the Heritage piece so that is the reason for double the SRP.

The long answer has many variables but off the top of my head:

1. Grade/process of leather quality used for the fist
2. Leather vs PU on the palm
3. Leather vs PU on back wrist panel
4. Leather vs PU on inner and outer thumb
5. Leather vs Nylon on the lace loops
6. Leather vs PU on the piping
7. Leather vs Nylon thumb attachment loop
8. 3 Panel construction vs single panel on the thumb
9. DDB Embossed "Individually Handcrafted" across palm requires a dye
10. DDB Embossed "Heritage Shield" on palm requires a dye
11. DDB Embossed "Product Code" on palm requires a dye
12. DDB Embossed "ounce marking" requires a dye
13. DDB Embossed "The Best In Boxing" on back of the wrist requires a dye
14. Embossed High Quality PU label vs screen print on the back wrist
15. Dye punch required to attach label to underside of back wrist panel
16. Pay Grade/skill of the employee putting them together

I am sure I have missed a few things in the above but hopefully this helps you guys to understand a little better why such a large difference in the price. I didn't include things like change in foam density as I truly don't know if it really affects the price in my manufactures quote. If I had to guess they do charge me for it because it requires them to do something different than our normal setup. For those of you not sleeping, my manufactures do not break up the costing for every little detail of each piece. They just say the finished price is X dollar amount and Ringside decided took a difference approach with Heritage products. That approach was to not haggle with the manufactures on the price quoted. Our goal was to build the best possible product we could without having them go back and cheapen/sneak something by us in production to make up cost differences.

P.S. I got busy doing work and didn't get time to shoot the video clip yet. I don't have access to anything I need over the weekend so look for my posting of this early next week.

Thank you,

Darrin

A nice info, thanks.

Well, for somebody who is involved in manufacturing, like me for exemple (not necessarily boxing gear), all these steps are more or less obvious.
Moreover almost all of the mentioned steps contribute to the appearance not to the performance. And some of them are not well crafted (comparing to Winning, Reyes, Grant), at least in case of my gloves.
What I want to know (and many others I believe too) is what are the aspects that contribute to the claimed exceptional performance (the best in the world as you claim)?

Because basically all you are saying is "We threw 2x more money on Heritage because the leather is more expensive and there is more work needed to craft all the stylish elements we want, but basically they are our IMF gloves, just the padding is 20% softer".

Still it costs you nowhere near as it costs to make a single pair of Winning in Japan :wink:

To change the subject - why are Heritage bag gloves priced cheaper than sparring gloves?

And the last question. Do you currently do boxing?
Because your IMF (as anyone who really does boxing knows), as any IMF, is basically a sort of wall that compresses because of the impact and instantly rebounds back. Unlike some layered foams.
What am I trying to say is that if your belief in superiority of the IMF padding (either in general or your company's variation) is based on the fact the knuckles do not go through (and I hardly can imagine any different argument) it is a very optimistic belief. Moreover ANY imf does almost the same job, BAYFILL for exemple.

On the other hand Winning layered padding shows an exceptional level of shock absorption intead of forming a wall. Anybody who has used Winning gloves can confirm it.
But to know this one needs to do boxing. Do it a lot. No machine testing or squeezing in hands will show it.

Nobody says Ringside Heritage are not good. But claiming they are the best in the world is with respect completely ridiculous. They are just nice IMF Pakistani gloves. Nice IMF padding, nice leather, nice design and nicely crafted.

Nicely ≠ perfectly. Nice ≠ the best. The best Ringside's gloves ≠ the best in the world.
You think/say Heritage are the best ≠ they really are the best.

Anyway, thank you very much for your posts! Much appreciated!

Last edited:
Well boys there we have it, Winning posted it on facebook so it must be true.

That is a fan page created by a member here, it has no association with the winning company.

That is a fan page created by a member here, it has no association with the winning company.

I'm just gonna say this... owned hahaha. I'm not even gonna lie, I was excited as hell for the Heritage line of gear. I got my 16oz Sparring gloves and they looked horrible, inconsistent stitching, blemishes all over the gloves and they were both different shades of brown.. Get a replacement pair and guess what? They were no better, just as bad except these had less blemishes on them and the lining on the inside was torn and I could feel loose stitching throughout the inside of the gloves. I'll personally never do business with Ringside ever again, always had way better experiences with Title other than when I bought the Cleto Reyes and Fairtex unfilled bags for cheap off CSI.

Exactly, nevertheless it doesn't mean the statement (Winning does not sponsor Mayweather) isn't true I guess.

The fact Ringside sponsors boxers to promote the gear doesn't mean every company in the world does the same.

Ringside's business policy is to make a cheap nice gear in the cheapest country (Pakistan) and to sell with appx. 200-300% profit from each piece (profit = manufacturing costs vs. retail, not the net profit of course) it thankfully to the renom

Last edited:
I'm just gonna say this... owned hahaha. I'm not even gonna lie, I was excited as hell for the Heritage line of gear. I got my 16oz Sparring gloves and they looked horrible, inconsistent stitching, blemishes all over the gloves and they were both different shades of brown.. Get a replacement pair and guess what? They were no better, just as bad except these had less blemishes on them and the lining on the inside was torn and I could feel loose stitching throughout the inside of the gloves. I'll personally never do business with Ringside ever again, always had way better experiences with Title other than when I bought the Cleto Reyes and Fairtex unfilled bags for cheap off CSI.

that's disappointing :icon_sad: i was actually planing on ordering some 16 oz sparring gloves.

that's disappointing :icon_sad: i was actually planing on ordering some 16 oz sparring gloves.

I was so livid when I got the first pair because I was looking forward to getting them. Opened the box and examined them... utter disappointment. Get a replacement pair and start to get excited for them to arrive.. complete shit again.

DrDoom - Please stop posting all your negative B.S. about Ringside and stick to your wonderful reviews. 10/10 on those Boxeo gloves. Really?????????????????????

DrDoom - Please stop posting all your negative B.S. about Ringside and stick to your wonderful reviews. 10/10 on those Boxeo gloves. Really?????????????????????

:icon_lol: Well, Darrin, they cost 100 bucks btw.

Haha I'm sorry you're butthurt buddy but honestly.. Ringside doesn't have the greatest rep around. Those Boxeo gloves I purchased are better than absolutely any gloves you guys sell, if you can't take criticism then you may not want to come here. You get all pissy anytime somebody doesn't like Ringside shit, just get over it and continue trying to push the Heritage line as the greatest gear known to man but I'll just let ya know it's not.
My Winning gloves absolutely KILL the Heritage shit in every single way as do my Boxeo and I'd rather buy from companies that aren't rude to their customers and sell garbage, maybe you should ask Juan for some tips on how you treat your customers and you guys would get a little bit more respect.

I just remembered this, Darrin you remind me of the guys from Fuel Fight Gear when Clamp did a review on their gloves, when a customer is expressing himself and telling you guys about your faults you honestly shouldn't get butthurt and pissy over it. In my opinion it doesn't seem good for Ringside to be getting angry with people who may not like your product, I'm not saying all of your gear is garbage. I have gear from you guys that I've been using for years and I like it, I'm proving a point that your QC isn't the greatest.. When I purchase a $200 pair of gloves I expect them to be fucking flawless, I don't expect blemishes and inconsistent stitching and when I get a replacement pair that I'm promised was double and triple checked and absolutely perfect I don't expect them to be worse than my first pair.

Last edited:
Haha I'm sorry you're butthurt buddy but honestly.. Ringside doesn't have the greatest rep around. Those Boxeo gloves I purchased are better than absolutely any gloves you guys sell, if you can't take criticism then you may not want to come here. You get all pissy anytime somebody doesn't like Ringside shit, just get over it and continue trying to push the Heritage line as the greatest gear known to man but I'll just let ya know it's not.
My Winning gloves absolutely KILL the Heritage shit in every single way as do my Boxeo and I'd rather buy from companies that aren't rude to their customers and sell garbage, maybe you should ask Juan for some tips on how you treat your customers and you guys would get a little bit more respect.

I just remembered this, Darrin you remind me of the guys from Fuel Fight Gear when Clamp did a review on their gloves, when a customer is expressing himself and telling you guys about your faults you honestly shouldn't get butthurt and pissy over it. In my opinion it doesn't seem good for Ringside to be getting angry with people who may not like your product, I'm not saying all of your gear is garbage. I have gear from you guys that I've been using for years and I like it, I'm proving a point that your QC isn't the greatest.. When I purchase a $200 pair of gloves I expect them to be fucking flawless, I don't expect blemishes and inconsistent stitching and when I get a replacement pair that I'm promised was double and triple checked and absolutely perfect I don't expect them to be worse than my first pair.

This. Absolutely agree with every word! I have the same opinion about Heritage.
And completely agree with rest too. Amen, brother!

Darrin there are more negative ringside comments other than doom. But this is why i didnt post mine. The customer service at ringside goes into defensive mode and blames the customer. That is why i will NEVER buy from u guys again. So many other brands out there that are willing to take my money and atleast GIVE me what i want. Doom save ur breath, nothings changed in 4 years. Does every company make mistakes, absolutely! Does every company own up to their mistakes? Absolutely not.

Darrin there are more negative ringside comments other than doom. But this is why i didnt post mine. The customer service at ringside goes into defensive mode and blames the customer. That is why i will NEVER buy from u guys again. So many other brands out there that are willing to take my money and atleast GIVE me what i want. Doom save ur breath, nothings changed in 4 years. Does every company make mistakes, absolutely! Does every company own up to their mistakes? Absolutely not.

I'm done with Ringside, I've given them more than one chance with multiple products. But I'm not gonna lie and say I haven't purchased products that I do like from them, the hassle of dealing with them and the chance of receiving a shoddy product isn't worth it though. If I was them and I was receiving negative feedback I definitely wouldn't be getting pissed about it, I'd want to take what the CUSTOMER is saying and improve on that.
I'll stick to dealing with Juan, Steve, Boomer and other gear dealers who actually give a shit about their customers and don't get pissed off if there is a problem. I know Bill has mixed feelings on here but he's going to start selling old school gloves and I love that style, I'll be getting a few pairs when he is selling them, I think since a lot of people on here were expressing that he wasn't being helpful or even the nicest to his customers he has started caring a bit more.. I emailed him before I started posting here again and didn't get a good response to the questions I asked but after everything on here happened he emailed me and answered every single question I asked.

Ringside products are "meh" from everything I've experienced. Not horrible, but certainly nothing to write home about. Their customer service however, it beyond awful.

I prefer the quality of Title products over Ringside, but they're fairly comparable. Title's service is the difference-maker and the reason I would recommend them over Ringside every day of the week.

Ringside products are "meh" from everything I've experienced. Not horrible, but certainly nothing to write home about. Their customer service however, it beyond awful.

Perfectly said.
Though in case of their live chat CS I have to disagree. But only in case of live chat, in terms of providing general information (not solving any problems) and even that not in case of each of their representatives.
Their live chat is pretty cool, one guy told me in the beginning of May Heritage fight gloves are going to be released in July, the other (do not want to name) that Heritage gloves are good, but Reyes are definitely better.
Was curious what they tell potential buyers if a question Reyes vs. Heritage is posed.
So luckily not everybody is like Darrin.

Back