Ringside Heritage 10oz Pro Fight Gloves

Are the cream gloves going to be available in the velcro version?

What about a cream version of the bag gloves?

It doesn't seem in the forecast, but I'll bring it up in one of our upcoming product meetings. Thank you.

Nate

You are partially correct. The pro fight and sparring gloves both have injected-molded foam (IMF Tech), but there is a 20% difference in the density of the foam, so you can feel the difference when comparing two pieces right out of the package. Layered foam combinations are for people stuck in the 80’s, as there are many better options now that we had a major hand in developing the technology. Because of the IMF gloves that Ringside built and tested though Wayne State University by way of USA Boxing, our amateurs have now discontinued the use of layered foam in competition gloves. We may not agree with every decision USAB makes but this one is 100% spot on. I am sorry it is not a fight glove to fight glove comparison, but it is the only thing I have with IMF foam vs layered padding. Anything that makes the sport safer for the athlete should be a positive thing. They were determined to be safer for athlete wearing the gloves and also the one receiving the punches.

Not sure everyone thinks like you, I for one am impressed that Rival and Hayabusa spent the time and effort to do something different when producing their products even though I agree the delivery is sometimes cheesy. The boxing/MMA world is littered with brands that just copy others and needs more companies like them trying to advance the equipment used.
For the record I would put your coveted brand at # 3 when it comes to hand protection, behind Heritage and Grant when it comes to pro fight gloves.

Let me reiterate that my comments refer to the hand protection that the Heritage Pro Fight Gloves provide for those using them to workout and/or sparr. I would have other comments concerning the gloves if our discussion was about professional athletes using them for competition.

I really appreciate your comments and certainly respect your opinion, and in my opinion, Heritage is the best.

Darrin Clauder

Hey,

I respect how respectfully you have been disagreeing with us. It's a good sign when a company representative doesn't resort to belittling the concerns of potential customers. I don't really know what more I can say since I know we disagree here on the value for money aspect and I respectfully will disagree with you also for now. However...if you really can show us with some small demonstration as you said on the last page you could in terms of proving that Heritage is better padded than Winning...then this would be good...it will also provide an indication of not only how confident you are but also how you evaluate the protection...i look forward to your demonstration :)

Thank you for the extended respond, much appreciated.

Let's move forward from the vague talks to the facts.
OK, so you said the IMF padding of Heritage fight differs from the training gloves in terms of density. Is it softer or denser?
Whatever it is, it doesn't necessarily mean it is better than IMF in training gloves, all it means it's just your argument to support the opinion I cannot judge the fight gloves because I have used only training Heritage gloves.
OK, no problem.
Another question: does the padding differ or not from the padding in 100 (65 on amazon) bucks IMF fights gloves?

Whatever any federation does or does not use/approves/thinks says nothing about a particular brand / gloves.
I used many absolutely shi*y imf gloves. Does it mean Ringside IMF are shi*y as well? Don't think so.
The rest of what you said is in the same manner. With respect, you simply cannot prove the Ringside is better than Winning's padding by a repeated expressing an opinion that it IS better.

Luckily for you, really not everybody thinks like me otherwise you would fail in selling even a single pair of 10 oz. Heritage for 200.

Darrin, whatever you have said you are now making absolutely empty and (believe me, I do not want to offend you, please excuse me) ridiculous saying Winning 10 oz. are LESS PROTECTIVE than 10 oz. fight Grant.
You are probably the only person in the world who thinks so. I would bet even Elvis doesn't think so.
The fact Winning 10 oz. are MUCH MORE PROTECTIVE than 10 oz. Grant is why almost nobody uses them for fights.
Ask Mayweather why does he use Grant instead of Winning for fights while he trains exclusively in Winning (beside getting $$$$$$$$ from Grant).

Overall Heritage gloves look nice, perform nice. I like them. But selling 10 oz. fight for 200 is absolutely ridiculous, just like claiming they are better than any other gloves.
But the statement Grant are more protective than Winning exceeds in terms of ridiculousness all this above and beyond :)
Again I do not want to offend you, I respect your right to have an opinon and appreciate you are expressing it.

Though I am pretty sure you were just trolling a bit when said Grant fight gloves are more protective than Winning, you obviously just wanted to make us laugh. And this works, thank you! You are a nice guy.
Because absolutely nobody who has used both can mean this seriously.

Also about Heritage. I still cannot understand why would people want Heritage gloves for sparring. Used extensively in few months they look nothing like they used to look in the beginning (this does not mean they look that bad, they do not). Because of the sweat, it (with all the salt, oils and smells) ENTERS the leather.
And of course they also smell because the leather absorbs all the sweat (for some reason you consider this absorption ability as an advantage).
Also you Ringside guys always compare them to baseball gloves. Cool. But how much of sweat gets from the outside on a baseball glove (on the drum dyed leather surface)? None.

The stitching is reasonable but really very significantly worse than Reyes/Grant/Winning. And so is the craftmanship in general - quite good but far from perfection. And a pair of 200 bucks Pakistani gloves absolutely NEEDS to be perfect.

So, with respect, nobody says Heritage gloves are not good. They are. But basically they are the same as your IMF gloves, nothing more.

Also as for the IMF, I am really happy you like it, but what is the most important for any manufacturer is that a good quality imf costs much less to make than a good quality layered foam.

Last edited:
I have to agree. Heritage is just ultimately a really nice imf glove. and it is cheaper to produce. My bill gloves have multi-layer foam were more expensive than the same glove would be with imf foam. They look really nice, but the leather is over kill. IMF foam will break down and won't outlast winning and you will be left with a big clump of really nice leather. I admit there are some advantages to IMF foam but companies like winning use multi-layer foam and it lasts for years. If I'm going to spend $200 on a glove, I would most likely save up to buy winnings.

The ultimate reason nearly every ringside product is now made with imf foam, is because it's cheaper to produce than, for example, their old RP gloves. We really don't have the option anymore to buy multi-layer foam gloves. At least r2c has a good variety. They have imf, multi-layer, gel, mexican style, and offer custom work at reasonable costs. Take away the leather, I just don't see anything special in the heritage line. The stitching is good, but you should expect more than good from a $200.00 pair of gloves.

shihtzu -

Thank you for pointing out an error in pricing within amazon on the IMF PFG. I will make sure and have someone get it corrected early next week. The price should be $99.99 as it is on both of our sites.

The foam density on the Pro Fights are 20% softer than the sparring glove model. I would say it is equivalent to when you use a good pair of IMF's for about a month and the foam breaks in a bit.

I love when people say well Mayweather uses them argument. News flash he nor any other big name fighter pays for any of their boxing equipment. Not only do they get it for free but they most likely get paid on top of it. Don't get me wrong I wish we would do it for much more than we do but I have no say in that department.

ElvisFan9889 - I thought you were done with this forum???

Anyways, I thought I would address one of your comments since I have heard it from many other members on here before. IMF foam cores compared vs. layered foam cost to manufacture. I don't know where you guys are getting your assumptions because it is not what we have experienced over the 10 years of IMF's existence. Also, we do still have our RP 4 layer foam gloves and they are priced lower because they cost us less to have produced. Of course there will always be cheaper options which you will find with any product in any industry. My experience has been that we have paid more for a better product and will continue to do so. Over the past 10 years we have paid $50,000 plus to develop our own shapes for all models we take to market. The first 3 sizes were built for the original IMF's which were $5,000 per size. That information was hidden from our owner at the time John Brown so no one would loose their job. The costs for our molds today has decreased a lot but even last year we paid $1,500 per size for our 3 molds for the TG6 MMA Sparring gloves to get built. Believe it or not we chalk these costs up to research and development and it has absolutely no bearing on the selling price of that item.You all heard it here first, we sell items that cost us more to make for more money than the cheaper ones. I am sure you are like who cares because I don't think you are that big of a fan but hopefully you log on just one more time so you can read this message:icon_lol:

Darrin Clauder

Last edited:
I love when people say well Mayweather uses them argument. News flash he nor any other big name fighter pays for any of their boxing equipment. Not only do they get it for free but they most likely get paid on top of it. Don't get me wrong I wish we would do it for much more than we do but I have no say in that department.

News flash, do your homework. Winning doesn't give out gear to anyone for free :icon_chee:
xc0qw4.png

Shit those are beautiful Winning's haha. I can't wait to get my gold set!
I thought somebody once said Kazumichi asked why Manny Pacquiao bought so many pairs or something to that extent? But I may be totally delusional lol

Just to drive the point home about pros such as Floyd actually paying for their Winning gear:
2gumubp.png

You're right, I have nothing to lose. You're wrong for the reasons why. If a review doesn't come in time then its simply a case of it wasn't meant to be and I save my money and move on swiftly. Passing off 150 dollars as nothing to lose makes really no sense if one would consider themselves to know the value money at all. I'm quite content in my choice to wait as it now stands.

bud you didn't get the point. If you were to buy the gloves right now it would cost you 150.00 and then 45.00 shipping USD. On top of that when you get the box at the door fedex is going to take brokerage fee/customs of around 50.00 or more. So i was saying you are not really going to lose anything by waiting for a review. If you buy them from fullcontactsports.ca instead, you will actually save money. youd pay 199.00 plus shipping of around 15.00 and tax (ud pay tax too if u buy them from ringside). If i did not know the value of money then i would not have stated the gloves are too much for 200.00 lol.

mmaboxing1 - yep you heard it here first these are the most protective pro fight gloves of any brand in boxing history. I love that there is only one pair currently being used in the world (nomilkforsanta owns them) yet everyone seems to be an expert on it compared to winning. Since nomilk stated that he has never had on a winning pro fight then I believe that means I am the only person in the world who has had his hands in both models. In the next day or so I will try and come up with something that might help prove my point and post it on here for you all to see.

Also, not sure why everyone thinks it so risky to sell something for what it is worth. We have 100's of hours in the research, design, technologies, patents and testing put into these pro fight gloves. If they don't sell then we will lower the price to everyone but I wouldn't be holding your breath for that to happen. Please remember this has been said about every piece within the Heritage line and I can tell you that we are extremely happy with all SKU's sales/performance to this point.

Thank you,

Darrin

There are a few guys here who own a pair of winning's (including myself) you could give a couple of samples out and we could try them out and write a review on them. I think people think it is risky because they have owned Ringside gloves before and the stitching starts to go within 6 months of using them (from reviews ive seen). Jumping prices from 100.00 for the imf pro fight gloves to 200.00 for the heritage is a risk to people who have had this experience. Plus Pro fight gloves with great reputation like reyes sell their gloves for 150.00-170.00.

A great respond, Darrin!

Though basically there was no respond at all.

8vn3hu.jpg

- I do not not care much about the pricing on amazon (though somebody who bought the gloves for 100 from your site might be annoyed a bit)

- Thanks for the density comparison

- You did not respond whether the foam in 100 bucks IMF differs from (the best in the world) 200 bucks Heritage fight

Winning company does not sponsor anyone. Unlike Ringside or Grant.
Everybody buys their equipment.

You love people using Mayweather as an argument? This is because you do not understand the point.
What I love on the other hand is when people have no arguments and use an empty demagogy as their main "argument". Like somebody I currently responding to.

The rest (though addressed to Elvis):

Darrin, so you are trying to impress us wit the fact you spent 50000 on the foam development during T E N years?
Is this what you called previosly "no company spends as much on development as Ringside"?

Well, again you made me laugh a lot. Thank you, this prolongs the life!

Last edited:
Not everyone gets free gear or paid like robert guerrero. manny has been known to buy tons of winning gear too. I'm curious how come Robert did not wear the gloves in his fight with mayweather? or the mexican style invicto's?

Not everyone gets free gear or paid like robert guerrero. manny has been known to buy tons of winning gear too. I'm curious how come Robert did not wear the gloves in his fight with mayweather? or the mexican style invicto's?

I could be wrong, but having seen all of the Ghosts career fights, he's always in Reyes.

And i believe the fight with Floyd was for the WBC belt, and I think the WBC only has certain gloves sanctioned for it's fights, Cleto Reyes obviously being the main ones.

I remember a thread a while back where Rival was added to that list at some point.

Edit: Yep, and Here is the article- http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/wbc-to-certify-boxing-gloves-88389

I could be wrong, but having seen all of the Ghosts career fights, he's always in Reyes.

And i believe the fight with Floyd was for the WBC belt, and I think the WBC only has certain gloves sanctioned for it's fights, Cleto Reyes obviously being the main ones.

I remember a thread a while back where Rival was added to that list at some point.

Edit: Yep, and Here is the article- http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/wbc-to-certify-boxing-gloves-88389

Thanks for the info mate.

bud you didn't get the point. If you were to buy the gloves right now it would cost you 150.00 and then 45.00 shipping USD. On top of that when you get the box at the door fedex is going to take brokerage fee/customs of around 50.00 or more. So i was saying you are not really going to lose anything by waiting for a review. If you buy them from fullcontactsports.ca instead, you will actually save money. youd pay 199.00 plus shipping of around 15.00 and tax (ud pay tax too if u buy them from ringside). If i did not know the value of money then i would not have stated the gloves are too much for 200.00 lol.
Sorry that i neglected to mention this...but John at FCS has already told me the deal will be available to canadians too so...what you're saying here is not really applicable. I do understand what you were getting at though...but I already have it covered.

Sorry that i neglected to mention this...but John at FCS has already told me the deal will be available to canadians too so...what you're saying here is not really applicable. I do understand what you were getting at though...but I already have it covered.

lol ok knowing that would've helped, thanks for letting us know though. When are they going to be available? I don't see them on the site, do you have to pm him?

He said pm him if you want the deal and that usually fcs gets ringside items put up on the site the following week :)

Well boys there we have it, Winning posted it on facebook so it must be true. Next time someone should facebook Floyd and let him know about Rakuten. Just think of the money he could have saved if he would have used them.

Why does he need 10 pairs I thought those gloves lasted forever?

Darrin Clauder

Back