4 Naoya Inoue
5 Gennady Golovkin
6 Mikey Garcia
7 Leo Santa Cruz
8 Oleksandr Usyk
9 Anthony Joshua
10 Errol Spence Jr.

Last edited:
Canelo is more accomplished than 85% of the fighters on these lists.

Boxrec has it as:

1 Crawford
2 Canelo
3 GGG
4 Loma
5 SSR
6 Nery
7 AJ
8 LSC
9 Berchelt
10 Usyk
11 Spence
12 Pacman
13 Frampton
14 Dogboe
15 Groves
16 Danny Swift
17 GRJ

Doesn't that beg the question of what Golovkin is doing at number 3 then?
GGG never tested positive for anything as far as I know

for the record, I have GGG at 4

unless you're referring to their last 4: which, when compared, still favors GGG

You have Vanes, Jacobs, Canelo, and Brook vs GGG, JCC Jr., Khan and Smith

I'd argue GGG's last four are definitely better than Canelo's. Brook > Khan, Canelo=GGG, Jacobs > Smith, JCC Jr is about the same as Vanes, maybe a bit better. tie that in with the fact that most had GGG beating Canelo, and that GGG has been more active, it doesn't seem unreasonable to have GGG ahead of Canelo

you can definitely argue Canelo's overall career is better, but GGG's arc of competition quality (other than Vanes, which has to be understood as a bit of a special circumstnace) has been going up, whereas Canelos went down, then back up for GGG.

Last edited:
Hard to see how Golovkin can be #1 at the moment. Crawford, Lomachenko, and Sor Rungvisai are the three with the best claim for being #1.

P4P list are the new popularity contests.

boxingscene's
1. Crawford
2. Loma
3. GGG
4. Mikey
5. SSR
6. Inoue
7. Canelo
8. Spence
9. LSC
10. Usyk
next five (unordered): Jermall, JFE, Chocolatito, Kov, Nietes

P4P list are the new popularity contests.
Seems that way recently. I'm starting to think its just a pretty poor era of P4Pers. Look at the lists here, no one even really has a signature win on the list.

The BWAA's P4P Top 10 (last updated June 5th, days prior to Crawford smashing Horn)

1) Loma
2) Crawford
3) GGG
4) Spence
5) Mikey
6) Sor Rungvisai
7) Kovalev
8) Canelo
9) Inoue
10) Thurman

This was the most interesting part which doesn't compute. Crawford and Sor Rungvisai, for example, weren't on every ballot. They should've been on every one (turned in by the deadline). The next deadline is August 6th. There's a note about Canelo as well.
Another area worth noting is that of the 25 fighters receiving votes, only three were on every ballot—Lomachenko, Golovkin and Spence.
Vasiliy Lomachenko Remains The BWAA’s Pound-For-Pound King

Seems that way recently. I'm starting to think its just a pretty poor era of P4Pers. Look at the lists here, no one even really has a signature win on the list.

You don't consider Srisaket Sor Rungvisai's two victories over Chocolatito and his victory over Estrada as signature wins?

Dude, sor defeating chocalito twice is yuuugeee.

And I would say Errol Spence over Kell brook is significant

Yeah, OK. Its still a pretty shallow pool.

The pool is rather shallow but that isn't SSR's fault. All 5 major lists have now been posted plus BoxingScene's. SSR should be Top 3 on every single one and #1 on at least some of them. He's done the most recently, back to back to back in just his last 3 fights alone.

Back