Ring to Cage MIM-Gel Training Gloves

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Reviews' started by ClampXVII, Sep 1, 2015.

1. ClampXVII

ClampXVII Bravado Muay Thai Trainer

Introduction:

Greetings and salutations readers! It's been a long time since I've reviewed anything worth talking about. I'm still using and abusing gear on the daily but haven't had time to type anything at all. I have been playing the field and opened a few new accounts but I keep coming back to Ring to Cage. In this review I'll be covering their new glove. It's a combination of their MIM and Geltech and encased in an engineered synthetic shell. I did get 1 pair to try out with my last wholesale order. So now with that disclaimer out of the way we can begin!

Fit & Feel:

This glove for it's weight is pretty compact and shaped in a way I'm not use to. It has a very European or Olypmic style shape to them. It looks like a mini torpedo strapped to your wrists. They look like 12 oz gloves but they are indeed 16 ounces on the scale. They're front heavy but not unbalanced and doesn't

2. ClampXVII

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A little video I did to show how the gloves were used. Yes the fat guy is me.

3. Jaime81

Jaime81 Green Belt

They look cool

4. Taskmaster99

Taskmaster99 Brown Belt

Excellent review my friend. Thats a pimp looking glove!!!! I like the pattern on the red synthetic!!!!! I know I said last nite that I was R2C'd out....but if they are only 50 bucks.....I might just give them a try. Good to see something new and exciting from R2C in the glove department and not another C-17 review.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  5. KickassSeabass

KickassSeabass Orange Belt

Awesome review Clamp ! The gloves look pretty cool. I really like the wide velcro strap.

6. Taskmaster99

Taskmaster99 Brown Belt

Not as cool as Outlaw though.....lol.

7. KickassSeabass

Lol I have to say the new Outlaw are nice looking gloves. Which we are still waiting on a review....its been long overdue !

8. StRatoCastR

StRatoCastR Gear Tester/Reviewer

Finally the OG reviewing king is back! Great review bro. Ive always been a long time supporter and will continue to do so. Great review coming off of hiatus. Looking foeard to more.

9. Taskmaster99

Taskmaster99 Brown Belt

For you my friend....I will do one on the black/neon green Elevations. Ill put it up by this weekend.

10. ClampXVII

Thanks guys. It's a good glove. My students are surprised I still have them in rotation as my main training glove. This is a glove I can see schools stocking. It's very affordable and does the job exceptionally well.

11. KickassSeabass

Thats what I like about R2C. Even their cheapest gloves last a long time and offers great protection.

12. MEGAhorse

MEGAhorse Purple Belt

I'm going to suggest these to my coach. If they are 50$ retail, hopefully R2C can do a good wholesale price.

Adidas uses the same type of synthetic that's used on the palm side (Adidas Shadow boxing gloves) and it really does hold up well as a gym glove. Only concerns, for me, would be the mesh and wrist support.

Edit: good move mentioning the Euro style thumb. I actually like it, but can see some people thrown off by it