Ring To Cage Air Mitts Review!

ClampXVII

Bravado Muay Thai Trainer
@Black
Reaction score
Ring to Cage Air Mitts

From the Ring to Cage's Website:

Almost 3" of power air center for the tops in punch mitt action. Compact design allows for pin point accuracy. Durable all-leather design is made for top professional use. The most amazing punch mitt workout available. Super lightweight design.
This technology allows the natural flow of air within the mitt to reduce and disperse incoming force.

Extra Velcro leather strap over the wrist area for perfect fit
Measures: 10" Tall x 9" Wide x 3 Thick"

Costs:

$55.00 + Shipping but cheaper for me since I have their wholesale account lol :)

Salutations readers! I have the brand spanking new Ring to Cage Air Mitts to review. These puppies are great! They're a perfect fit in Ring to Cage's arsenal of already awesome line up. These mitts are made out of genuine leather and uses some of the softest foam padding I have ever felt. I'm not joking when I say they're soft! Imagine if you will a bag of marshmallows, not squeeze that bag of marshmallows in your hand and that is exactly what this padding feels like. Now combine that padding and incorporate an air pocket and you have one of the best air mitts on the market at an affordable price (cheaper for me since I have a wholesale account). These babies are so pillow soft that they eliminate so much shock instead of absorbing it that it feels weirdly nice when catching punches, knees and elbows.

The overall all construction is very nice with a clean and simple design, an all leather construction, new red and black color scheme, and neatly printed screen printing on the punching surface that acts as a target (I still can't figure out why Title's air mitts didn't do that). The stitching is top notch like the rest of Ring to Cage's line. The leather isn't as thick as some of their other training pads but still much better quality than other brands of training equipment but I wish they stuck to using the same leather as their other pads especially their Thai pads. It's not necessarily a bad thing it's just I would have preferred it that way. The padded wrist is very comfortable and the hook and loop strap provided extra security while holding for the students. The hand compartment feels pretty good even if they feel snug at the fingers because how tight the leather is stitched (it breaks in after 1-2 uses).

A couple things that keep this from being perfect (but still far better than other air mitts) is that the wrist strap doesn't cinch over the padding. If there was another piece of leather or slit that would help the strap run along the padded wrists that would have been awesome. One other thing about the strap is that it could have been wider so it would feel even more secure (see comparison pictures). The strap feels fine now but a wider strap would help lock down the wrist more for that extra protection (not that much more is needed thanks to the padding). The other complaint I have is super minor and shallow but I do not like the new red and black color they chose. When I first saw RTC's line it was green and black and it stood out because it looked so bad ass and different! It's a shame they picked a common color scheme for these mitts. I recommend these mitts for anyone looking for a pair of training pads to save their joints.

Final Score: 8.5/10 -1 for the strap not running along the wrists and -.50 for new color and different leather than I expected Ring To Cage to use.

For people who don't like to read:
+Quality Construction
+Super Soft Padding
+Padded Wrists
-Used A Softer Leather
-Strap Doesn't Run Along the Padded Wrists.

You can buy this mitt here http://www.ringtocage.com/geltech-air-punch-mitts/

Pictures:
100_0864.jpg

100_0865.jpg

100_0866.jpg

100_0867.jpg

Last edited:
Havent read it properly yet Fred,but nice review,cos I know what your reviews are like!

Ring-to-Cage appears to consistently put out quality equipment. I'd like to see if their shin guards ccould hold up.

Yeah they make some great stuff but my favorite thing about them is their customer service by far. Since we are a smaller program we don't need to spend thousands to open a wholesale account they worked with our budget which is why I continue to order from them.

I will include pictures later today. The ones I had up just looked messy lol.

Nice review and great information, as usual. Eagerly awaiting photos.

:icon_chee

Pics are up guys and edited the review a bit.

You're welcome I wanted to take better pictures but I kept forgetting. Oh well these are ok for now. I wonder why no has been reading or commenting on my last few reviews. Any thoughts guys?

It has been slow on here recently. Check the Ouano MMA Gloves submit your design and win some gear thread in G&E. There is only like seven posts. Maybe I will win. :icon_lol:

:icon_chee

You're welcome I wanted to take better pictures but I kept forgetting. Oh well these are ok for now. I wonder why no has been reading or commenting on my last few reviews. Any thoughts guys?

I'm waiting for the next review :redface:

Oh I decided to organize my Photobucket account :( I'll upload them soon

Back