Rin Nakai vs Leslie Smith added to UFC Brisbane

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
RIN IS BACK!

original

Fight Pass, you now have my money! And fuck the haters! Rin was fed to Miesha Tate for her first UFC fight, and even then still made it mildly competitive despite being at a such blatant size disadvantage.

I don't like to comment much on looks. But, I've seen pics where Rin looks like a weird genetics experiment gone wrong. Big muscles, and Asian women don't mix... I mean... NO.

Suit yourself.kodamasi.jpg

Legit thought Rin had retired or something. This is a surprise.

Going to be interesting to see if she redeems herself.

making a shoop template out of that Miesha, holy shit :D
covered the whole quadfecta after making this template (sorry for thread hijack)
iz25A5Z.png

jAWiSym.png

hyOKRQI.png

KqFeiY8.png

Xmk1p0R.png

Wow, surprised her weirdo husband let her out of his fetish dungeon...

Such a contrast in styles and body shapes. I really can't pick a winner here.

I think it will just come down to who is better at (and more determined to) implementing their game plan. Leslie could possibly light Rin up all night; she just has the height, range, accuracy, and volume to make Rin's night really rough. On the other hand, Rin could end up owning Leslie once she gets her down; she is infinitely stronger and more skilled as a grappler (than Leslie). If Leslie stuffs the first few takedown attempts, she will probably start to run away with it. If Rin gets Leslie on the mat with time to work, it could be over soon. I'm looking forward to this fight.

Jarl

P.S. Referring to the post that follows this one...I still don't remember saying Rin would "destroy" Tate. I remember making a list of things that might help the fight go Nakai's way. I picked Tate to beat Eye in multiple threads. But the emotional nature of most Tate fans (like Big Muffler, who will go frothing-at-the-mouth psycho on you if you criticize Tate too much) leads them to defend each other (10/10ing each others posts, like a circle jerk) and lying about Tate's critics and what they actually say.

Last edited:
That guy Jarlskull who really hates Miesha Tate did a breakdown a while on Rin Nakai vs D'Alelio and LaRosa to explain why Rin was going to destroy Miesha, as he does with every opponent that Miesha ends up defeating. I think that applies to Leslie Smith quite well, I see Rin holding her down and submitting or decisioning her after eating a fair share of punches and jumping around the cage for a while. Rin has this.

Haha, 10/10.

UFC needs to get Hitomi Takaka if they want more female Japanese fighters. She's a Black Belt in karate . . .

hitomi_punch2.gif

F0C.gif

Such a contrast in styles and body shapes. I really can't pick a winner here.

I think it will just come down to who is better at (and more determined to) implementing their game plan. Leslie could possibly light Rin up all night; she just has the height, range, accuracy, and volume to make Rin's night really rough. On the other hand, Rin could end up owning Leslie once she gets her down; she is infinitely stronger and more skilled as a grappler (than Leslie). If Leslie stuffs the first few takedown attempts, she will probably start to run away with it. If Rin gets Leslie on the mat with time to work, it could be over soon. I'm looking forward to this fight.

Jarl

P.S. Referring to the post that follows this one...I still don't remember saying Rin would "destroy" Tate. I remember making a list of things that might help the fight go Nakai's way. I picked Tate to beat Eye in multiple threads. But the emotional nature of most Tate fans (like Big Muffler, who will go frothing-at-the-mouth psycho on you if you criticize Tate too much) leads them to defend each other (10/10ing each others posts, like a circle jerk) and lying about Tate's critics and what they actually say.

Unnecessary whining aside, I'm pretty sure it was you the one who saw in the D'Alelio victory a display of grappling that would be too much for Tate to handle, and highlighted the fact that judo has been too much for Tate in the past. By the type of language, emotional investment, fighters being discussed and that post falling into this pattern of predicting loses for fights Tate ends up winning comfortably, I assumed it was you.

Or maybe I should be diagnosed with Tate fanboyism and have a pathological tendency to lie about this "Tate critics" that MMA anthropologists have described so well, drawing other Tate fascists to "defend" this scholar work that I am doing on this forums from whatever attack I am supposedly receiving, because Tate revisionists are obviously emotional in nature, unlike Tate critics. But I do not believe that is actually a thing. Probably there is a "nature" of most people who enjoy MMA and they drift away slightly from one another correlating to which fighters you like, but my intention was not to lie about a random internet user or to get people to back attack you or creating a circle jerk or anything that seems to upset you for reasons that I fail to understand. (And if they were, it would be me being an asshole and not me liking some specific fighter and thus "behaving in the natural way most fans of X do")

Very elaborate - good post, Marianne.

Back to the topic at hand. Who knows how good Nakai is now; she hasn't fought in forever and she has only fought in the UFC once. I thought she was the most overrated BW in the world (after pretty much losing to West, getting credited with a sub when Gonzales fell on her arm and broke/dislocated it, and getting lit up by LaRosa). But, her win over D'Alelio really impressed me. Sarah is a quality fighter (wins over Nunes, Schneider, Porto and Pa'aluhi), but she got beat at her own game by Nakai (i.e. grappling).

Nakai didn't look great vs. Tate. But on the other hand, it was her UFC debut in front of her home fans and a much larger venue than she was used to. No doubt she had a lot of pressure. And, she went against a former champion and #1 ranked BW in the UFC (Tate). But Tate didn't really mount much offense either, and Nakai didn't lose badly. So I don't think the loss hurt Nakai's stock much.

I wonder how the layoff will affect Nakai. This will be her first fight outside of Japan as well. These things might stress her out and play on her nerves. Conversely, Leslie seems comfortable fighting pretty much anywhere! (As I said previously) I`m looking forward to this fight!

Jarl

Leslie Smith has been training with Aspen Ladd, a rising star in Invicta FC's flyweight division. Aspen is on the far right of the photo. I'm a fan of the way she fights.

Back