Rigondeaux vs Amagasa

Great fight. RingGODeaux is a beast. Hopefully Leo Santa Cruz wants to fight him in Jan now.

Great fight. RingGODeaux is a beast. Hopefully Leo Santa Cruz wants to fight him in Jan now.

They gave him Jesus Ruiz in January, unfortunately. Or are you saying Leo could switch opponents?

The first KD in the 7th was the best shot I've ever seen Rigo hit with. He looked rusty in spots, particularly the 7th round and his physical gifts are likely eroding. Still, against a 5' 10'' universally top 10 rated FW, I had Rigo winning every single round other than the 7th and stopping his man. Not bad for an off night. Hopefully the vulnerability he showed in the 7th will give some 122 pounders a little bit of courage. Amagasa's face also shows why fighters are hesitant to throw against Rigondeaux. He genuinely looked like the elephant man.

The first KD in the 7th was the best shot I've ever seen Rigo hit with. He looked rusty in spots, particularly the 7th round and his physical gifts are likely eroding. Still, against a 5' 10'' universally top 10 rated FW, I had Rigo winning every single round other than the 7th and stopping his man. Not bad for an off night. Hopefully the vulnerability he showed in the 7th will give some 122 pounders a little bit of courage. Amagasa's face also shows why fighters are hesitant to throw against Rigondeaux. He genuinely looked like the elephant man.

He reminds me of Sergio Martinez in the way that he gets caught sometimes. That KD looks alot like when Pavlik dropped Sergio.Maybe his legs can't keep up with what he wants them to do anymore.

After seeing this fight, two things have been made abudantly clear...

Rigo isn't boring and Mayweather has retaken the title of best defensive fighter.

Bring Rigon back to the states , he deserves better , Fuck HBO and Showtime , and FUCK Fat Dan for writing crap about Rigon

Bring Rigon back to the states , he deserves better , Fuck HBO and Showtime , and FUCK Fat Dan for writing crap about Rigon

He's probably making more money and getting more respect over there than he would over here.

Rafael will never let him live down beating HBO's darling.

He's probably making more money and getting more respect over there than he would over here.

Rafael will never let him live down beating HBO's darling.

At least the Japanese have a good respectful crowd. It's a shame that his dominant win over a name opponent is basically why he was exiled from those networks

Rigo got caught, but stayed focused and really put a beating on that guy... I look at this as more of a positive not about Rigo than I do a negative... He kept his cool and kept trucking..

what was rafael's reaction on twitter when rigo beat Donaire ? i heard it was epic.

what was rafael's reaction on twitter when rigo beat Donaire ? i heard it was epic.

Just trashed him non stop for being boring and constantly brings up HBO's low views for his fights.

I believe if the top guys around his weight would fight him, the views would be there.

i hate fat dan

I'm not even joking when I say I believe he's on HBO's payroll. I have no proof of it or anything but he has been a complete shill for them over the past year or so and trashes showtime pretty much non stop.

I'm not even joking when I say I believe he's on HBO's payroll. I have no proof of it or anything but he has been a complete shill for them over the past year or so and trashes showtime pretty much non stop.

You can also say that about Fatso's little brother Steve Kim. He's just as big a TR/HBO fanboy.

The knockdowns from Donaire and this *** fighter is more because Rigo likes to cross his feet and he's caught off balance. It's breaking a fundamental rule and these instances explains why.

The knockdowns from Donaire and this *** fighter is more because Rigo likes to cross his feet and he's caught off balance. It's breaking a fundamental rule and these instances explains why.

Thats exactly what I was getting at when I compared him to Sergio earlier.

Back