Rigo- Loma...my prediction

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by TownBiz, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Joe Buck

Joe Buck Brown Belt

37 yo.. Rigo loses his reflexes and that will be a huge factor in his disadvantage against Lomachenko... But.. RIGONDEAUX hits hard and can trade volume if it's needed, Lomachenko s footwork will not be a surprised for RIGONDEAUX.

I go for RIGONDEAUX round 7 ko

2. Joe Buck

Joe Buck Brown Belt

RIGONDEAUX seemed nervous and lost some reflexes. He will probably go for the KO quickly,

ctrlaltdelete likes this.
  3. Julius_Caesar

Julius_Caesar Brown Belt

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet but Loma's next day weigh is at 137.4 and rigo is at 130.

ctrlaltdelete likes this.
  4. randomg1t

randomg1t EVERYTIME CHAMPION

rigo is 130 with the clothes on... so what, 128? loma will have a solid 10lbs over him in there.

on paper, the 37 year old that is 10lbs lighter shouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell. but this is rigo, i wouldn't be surprised at all if he pulls it off. i'd say he can get a decision.

MMACroatia likes this.
  5. ImNotSurpisedDonks!

ImNotSurpisedDonks! Banned Banned

Prolly because he is black?

6. ArtemV

ArtemV Gold Belt

I think Lomachenko will outpoint and finish Rigo in the later rounds. The first few rounds will be close, but I expect Loma to start taking control around the 3rd and Rigo will probably end up gassing from Lomachenko's volume.

7. Rico

Rico Franklin Platinum Member

I see it going one of two ways :

Pacing is gonna be the key to this fight. By the 7/8th if Loma can keep it high, he should run away on points. Size/age/workrate are too much.

Otherwise, expect a slow boring fight where Rigo picks him apart but maybe Loma scores a flash KD somewhere randomly. Then people cry robbery even though Rigo clearly out points him. Rigo can't hesitate like he has in recent years and has to sting Loma when he's entering range with his double jab entries and lead lefts to the outside angle. Loma is a "snowball" fighter. Can't let him get rolling downhill.

I think at this point in their careers I'd slightly favor Loma but fuck Rigo can control the pace like nobody in boxing besides Floyd.

Gun to my head it's Loma by UD by running away with it in the last 3/4 of the fight after some dicey early rounds.

8. trent presidio

trent presidio White Belt

Been looking forward to this fight for a while. Really want Rigo to win but I think he’s really got a thin margin.
    • Age is gonna catch him at some point, and some folks are saying he’s lost a step in speed and has questionable motivation.
    • He is chinny.
    • Loma has a much higher punch output, and this could be the deciding factor if it goes to decision.
    The only way I see a Rigo win is if he KOs Loma early, which seems pretty hard for me to call against Loma.

PS—folks saying either of these guys are overrated is laughable.

9. rb3b3

rb3b3 Purple Belt

i think lomo wins decisively but im pretty surprised that lomo is such a big favorite. maybe we will see that rigos age caught up to him. 38 is old in boxing

10. aries

aries Silver Belt

It was getting hit hard by countless low blows. No boxer is conditioned to take that many low blows. They are really hard to defend as well especially since no one trains to defend low blows. If you can't admit they had a significant impact then you are fooling yourself. Numerous low blows? Try over 100! That's a huge amount of low blows. If they were normal body shots then Loma would have been able to take them on the elbows but these were low blows and thrown below elbow level which is why he was having to try and swat them away with his hands which means he wasn't in a position to counter properly. Don't believe then go and watch the fight again.

11. aries

aries Silver Belt

IF it was a few low blows then fine but it was over 100. 100 power punches is a lot to land on an opponent if they are normal body shots but 100 low blows?! That is the reason he beat Lomachenko. Lomachenko had no answer for the low blows. All he did was try and clinch. You can't trade with someone throwing low blows at you unless you are willing to throw low blows back and that was Lomachenkos failing, he was too clean of a fighter to low blow back. He didn't even complain once the entire time to the referee. That's not revisionism those are just the facts and you can't ignore them.

12. tekkennlee

tekkennlee Hot cars and fast girls

Timing beats speed anyway, how do you think Tarver knocked out Roy Jones jr, he used timing against Roy.

Or how do you think Chavez beat and broke down Taylor in their fight, Chavez used timing to catch Taylor with power punches breaking him down round by round.

Timing beats speed and speed also beats timing, but speed and timing beats both.

Floyd"s gif,t wasn't his hand speed but his superior timing and speed putt together. Because Floyd was never the fastest boxer, Pac was faster, Floyd used timing against Pac and so did Marquez to beat Pac by Ko.

Rigo doesn't need super speed, if he has and uses superior timing against Loma, like Marquez did to Pac.

The same thing goes for Loma against Rigo. Loma doesn't need super speed against Rigo, if he worked on sharpening his timing.

The winner or this fight will come down to adjustments and who has the sharper timing and chin, not hand speed.

13. Sunfish

Sunfish Martinez Belt

Have the people who are picking rigo to score an early ko of Loma actually seen rigo fight before. Genuine question.

The Moloko man and PHATV like this.
  14. dembones22

dembones22 Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

REIGNING DEFENDING - UNDISPUTED AND UNDEFEATED
    @TownBiz

HAHAHAHAHA....

Where u at Mf'er!!

Your a hack !!

[​IMG]

<Oku02> .

LOMA !!!!

15. Spotless Mind

Spotless Mind Yellow Belt

If by immediately take control and by the 8th round it becomes a beat down by Rigondeaux, you mean “break” hand by hugging Loma for six rounds and won’t come out for the 7th round, you absolutely nailed it.

JSN likes this.
  16. HereticBD

HereticBD Titanium Belt

Close.

17. rj144

rj144 Silver Belt

So close...

biscuitsbrah likes this.
  18. Schoolboy Q

Schoolboy Q Silver Belt

Hahaha

biscuitsbrah likes this.
  19. The Moloko man

The Moloko man Brown Belt

Rigo knows the truth

Kassitus likes this.
  20. TankAbbott4Eva

TankAbbott4Eva Silver Belt

Good on you for putting your balls on the line anyway.