Rigo- Loma...my prediction

Pobjeda za Ukrajinu :)
Will be a great and hard fight for both but i think Loma takes it.

He didn't do his regular exercises anywhere near as fast as he normally does. lol, I've learned not to bet against your inklings over the years.

I try to be as on point as possible. I want all you guys to make money except when it's against me lol.

I try to be as on point as possible. I want all you guys to make money except when it's against me lol.

If I get long enough odds, I might put some money on Rigo, but it will be a small amount. Tough to see him winning here, though. Let's hope the winner impresses as I like both fighters. Loma has a half chance to be a low key star.

You can question both their resumes. Having said that, Donaire, in context, is a far better win than anything Lomachenko has done. At the same time, Lomachenko has been easily beating top fighters embarrassingly easily. They're both elite fighters, but I think they're elite fighters two weights apart (Rigo was small for SBW; Lomachenko was eyeing moving up to LW).

I'm just saying you can always find a reason to discount a top win (as the OP is doing for Loma). I just now rewatched the Donaire fight and they were saying how there were rumors Donaire had an awful camp and that he didn't even meet with Garcia.

So if I were pulling for Loma I could discount Rigo's win like that.

Anyway disappointed to hear Rigo is looking slow. I guess the age + weight was bound to catch up with him. Still that left is vicious and that timing and accuracy impeccable. I can see him catching Loma a few times during all his movement and dropping Loma's output a ton.

If I get long enough odds, I might put some money on Rigo, but it will be a small amount. Tough to see him winning here, though.

I wouldn't. I went through a decent amount of film. Rigo relies on counters and that trigger isnt there anymore. Hes going to eat a check hook that will ultimately lead to his stoppage. The uppercut will probabably find a home too as he's not fast enough to get his glove under it

I'm just saying you can always find a reason to discount a top win (as the OP is doing for Loma). I just now rewatched the Donaire fight and they were saying how their were rumors Donaire had an awful camp and that he didn't even meet with Garcia.

So if I were pulling for Loma I could discount Rigo's win like that.

Anyway disappointed to hear Rigo is looking slow. I guess the age + weight was bound to catch up with him. Still that left is vicious and that timing and accuracy impeccable. I can see him catching Loma a few times during all his movement and dropping his output a ton.

Their resumes are different as Rigo was actively avoided by anyone and everyone after he clowned Donaire, whereas Loma had the promotional backing to get half-decent fights. Rigo is much smaller than Lomachenko, that's just a fact (again, in his prime he weighed right about what Cuadras and Gonzalez did on fight night). That doesn't mean this isn't a really interesting fight, though.

I wouldn't. I went through a decent amount of film. Rigo relies on counters and that trigger isnt there anymore. Hes going to eat a check hook that will ultimately lead to his stoppage. The uppercut will probabably find a home too as he's not fast enough to get his glove under it

Yeah, I think he loses, here, but, again, maybe I buy far too much into the whole mystique of Rigondeaux. We'll see; it depends how the prices move.

That's public footage. Want to bet in the fight?

I don't bet, that's a game for fools IMO. And I'm not doubting you (though you were wrong about GGG). I'm just pointing out that he looks good there. Did they edit video?

I don't bet, that's a game for fools IMO. And I'm not doubting you (though you were wrong about GGG). I'm just pointing out that he looks good there. Did they edit video?

Someone who calls betting a game for fools sounds like someone who is a shitty bettor.

I was? I thought Danny won. Even if you separate my bias you all thought he was getting knocked out. No, they wouldn't. I'm privy to private video but that's neither here nor there.

Disagree on betting but I won't argue in it's favor as statistically you're right

I think Loma is gonna take it, size advantage, age advantage. I think his high volume punching is gonna bring in the rounds. I would say loma UD.

I was? I thought Danny won. Even if you separate my bias you all thought he was getting knocked out. No, they wouldn't. I'm privy to private video but that's neither here nor there.

Disagree on betting but I won't argue in it's favor as statistically you're right
Well I got Loma at -325. Not the best value in the world but should be safeish.

Yeah if you're just doing it for fun, more power to you. Just not my kind of fun.

Anyway wasn't doubting your footage, but thought he looked sharp in that clip. And I hope you're wrong because it would be sad if after waiting 4 years for another big fight, Rigo is washed up.

Last edited:
The size difference is really noticeable, this gonna be chess match can't wait. I'll root for Loma.

Rigo catches him in the 4th round.
Book it

I wonder if Loma is gonna showboat and dick around and make himself generally unlikeable again - I find it hard to root for him after his last performance which was verging on the disgraceful.

Back