Opinion Right-Wing Culture Justice Warriors Outraged @ Sudden Realization 'The Boys' is Mocking Them

I already said previously that she is. The show is topical. They try to ground it in the stories, events, and people that are in modern day real life. They made a politician villain resemble AOC as one of the many things that they do to try and accomplish that. Ok - go further. What does the show's portrayal of Victoria Neuman say about AOC?

I am still waiting

She pretends to care about the "people", but all she cares about is power, she could choose to step away and keep her kid safe, instead she injects her with V which might seriously harm the kid.

Neuman rails against corporate greed and progressive social issues just like AOC does, but they're just a sleezy politician just like all politicians are behind the scenes.

Neuman espouses identity politics just like AOC does, except she does it for those with powers.

If you have convinced yourself that AOC, or ANY politician for that matter, isn’t in it for their own self-interest, you're a complete fool.

That's what you are. You're a justice warrior for the culture war. Getting triggered and going into a catatonic seizure every time a black or gay person is on screen and screeching endlessly about how triggered you are about video games and movies.
1. You are the one promoting this culture war in a thread you started. Are you that dense?
2. You are the one always triggered.
3. You want black elves and gay agendas in every single thing over quality, keep watching, be my guest. But don't be mad if it isn't everyone's cup of tea. We get it, you are so enlightened watching two men kiss is just great. It isn't for me, and that doesn't make me triggered or a right winger. I don't want to watch fat people in a love scene either, am I now fatphobic? STFU with your crap.

what does it say when someone watches a show that clearly mocks both sides of the isle, but said person cannot recognize the satire about their side?
I feel like deleting my post as this hits the nail on the head perfectly.

The boys goes at both sides but it does seem to enjoy going after the right more. I don’t like that it tries to mirror todays climate but I still love the show.

The Boys biggest problem this season is introducing too many side stories nobody gives a shit about.
They’re taking dynamic characters and giving them such boring storylines. Frenchy falling for the guy who’s parents he killed is cliche and been done to death. Huey having to choose between his dad dying or giving him V is tropish too. Kimiko taking down the evil org that made her an assassin is 70% of marvel story lines.

All interesting, 3D characters who are brushed aside by hacky writing

They’re taking dynamic characters and giving them such boring storylines. Frenchy falling for the guy who’s parents he killed is cliche and been done to death. Huey having to choose between his dad dying or giving him V is tropish too. Kimiko taking down the evil org that made her an assassin is 70% of marvel story lines.

All interesting, 3D characters who are brushed aside by hacky writing
Some people were complaining about The Deep banging an octopus, see that is interesting and fits his character. That I did not mind but your right, the other side stories were lame.

Imagine tanking an entire show just to own a political group that you don't like. I swear, writers and directors are all activists now instead of focused on making a good product. They'll even destroy a show/product just to push their message because virtue points are more important than money, success and making good content.
it was mocking the right from the first season lmfaoo

Some people were complaining about The Deep banging an octopus, see that is interesting and fits his character. That I did not mind but your right, the other side stories were lame.
The Deep is my favorite. Just something about goofy, dumb characters pulls me in. Him and Sage have a great little thing going

Identity politics (whether on the left or right) is inherently illiberal.
Using the "market based solution" of normalizing and "uplifting" a minority group by marketing toward them in lieu of real social and economic justice, is explicitly what neoliberalism is all about.

Would you watch a Paw Patrol show that was parodying Paw Patrol? Or did you watch the Barbie movie? To me it's very similar. Superheroes are fantasies that pre-teenage nerdy boys indulge in.
I would watch the hell out of a well-written and well-produced adult parody of baby shows lmao

Using the "market based solution" of normalizing and "uplifting" a minority group by marketing toward them in lieu of real social and economic justice, is explicitly what neoliberalism is all about.
OK. Are you aware of any real people who support that?

Real-world liberals support equal treatment under the law (and that means the law as applied, not merely as written).

The Boys mocked both sides.... until this season. I wonder if it's because it's an election year? I had watched all the seasons, except this one, with my son (22), but now he's not interested. He hates woke shit... I don't care, just laugh and move on. Virtually every sex scene or intimate scene so far, we only got through 3 episodes, was LGBTQ or bestiality with an octopus.

You want to turn off young straight men? This is how you do it. If he chooses not to continue, I'll watch it without him.

Also, the hot little blonde chick did too much plastic surgery on her face or whatever and the hot chick ratio on the show... is terrible. What a shame. There should always be hot chicks on a super hero show.

OK. Are you aware of any real people who support that?

Real-world liberals support equal treatment under the law (and that means the law as applied, not merely as written).

You're not a "real world Liberal". You can't possibly speak for them.

Don't care because I have never watched The Boys.
This... ive seen clips on yt reels but thats it. If hollywood is mocking conservatives in a show or movie is also normal so again.... meh.

I always love the assertion that Archie Bunker and George Jefferson's presences on TV were significant of tolerance of endearing bigotry, it just shows how either people didnt watch the show...or didn't understand it and actually follow the character arc. Archie eventually realized the error of his ways and went "woke:"

The Jeffersons was always woke under the surface. When George went to a Klan meeting he saved a leader's life and the act of kindnesses changed his Son despite not changing him:

Norman Lear is and always was left of center. And was THE reason Seinfeld was funny.

Im conservative and I love this show. Reality is.... even if he didnt change, he was made out to be ridiculous in his takes. Great show.

Im conservative and I love this show. Reality is.... even if he didnt change, he was made out to be ridiculous in his takes. Great show.

That's because he was written as a parody of American working class conservatism of the day. Or rather I should say traditionalism. Lear always put tropes like this into his works. Archie wasnt beyond self-reflection, and the climax of many episodes were the moments that got him to. Here's one where he and Mike confront his racism:

I remember Darryl Davis talking about the most difficult people to get to leave the KKK and he said it was the legacy members. The ones whose Fathers and Grandfathers were Klan. This was a great moment that showed Mike that Archie was a human being, and why he tended to double-down on his nonsense.

Edit - Here is another one that shows that Archie's Father was damaging in multiple ways:

Edit 2 - I never saw this, but Carrol talking about it:

Last edited:
Back