Law Right to Contraception Act: House passed 228-195

If people are in a relationship using a condom every time they have sex is probably even worse for the environment.

Around 1995 i got into a new relationship and she said, 'if you don't wear a condom, you don't get sex!'
I'd never worn one before. Still we were together for 6 years. I didn't mind as i knew she wouldn't go on the pill, and anyway i wouldn't of wanted her to.

Reading through both, I see it calls out the rfra specifically, but I’m not seeing the connection to the morning after pill in either bill. Can you elaborate?

The language Republicans are zeroing in on is

"any drug, device, or biological product intended for use in the prevention of pregnancy, whether specifically intended to prevent pregnancy or for other health needs, that is legally marketed under the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, such as oral contraceptives, long-acting reversible contraceptives, emergency contraceptives, internal and external condoms, injectables, vaginal barrier methods, transdermal patches, and vaginal rings, or other contraceptives."

The intent is pretty obvious political hardball. The law intentionally includes poison pill language to all but assure opposition that dems can use to run against. Protecting rights is secondary

The scientific community has clearly shown they act in their own interests and not of one that promotes honesty and real research. The last 2 years is a testament to that. Racism being a public health crisis being just one example
https://www.businessinsider.com/bir...strogen-drinking-water-health-effects-2019-10

3 years old

Old but also states how it is a cause of it but tries to down play it’s effects
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/birth-control-in-water-supply/

Of birth control isn’t a chase, why isn’t there any new research showing that it isn’t? It’s by omission that we can see that this topic bothers people and they can’t have it
Lmao it’s always some nefarious group of supervillains wanting to stick it to the people living on the brinks of society. Why should I expect anything different from you guys. Just need to ignore and move on.

Editor's Note: This story was updated at 4:06 pm Eastern US time to clarify a statement about the uncertainty around the effects of ethinyl estradiol pollution in water on mammals. It's not yet clear at what levels it interferes with mammals' reproduction.

So they have a bit of information but not all the details…

also, environment or humans? Who should have more rights?

Lmao.

Ask almost any democrat in office what they think about that question.

have these hormones been found to be causing human problems? or just apparently making fish intersex which is common for alot of animal species?

or do you want to put more value into a tablet that a woman can take everyday to have control over her body, that doesnt make her get pregnant?

It’s actually not common.

It’s a fraction of a fraction of living species who are able to do that because of their particular DNA.

Acting like chemicals being introduced into nature which alter the sex of animals is no big deal is ludicrous. That’s a massive red flag.

Last edited:
That's right folks, only 8 of the 211 GOP congress members support contraceptive rights.

Just think about that....

Last edited:
Sex that isn’t for procreation. Duh.
Terrible isn't it that someone would consider sex within marriage where they don't want children yet or have already had enough is seen as degenerate. Mind boggling.

That's right folks, only 8 of the 211 GOP congress members support contraceptive rights.

Jut think about that....
YOu got to keep grifting the Christian Rubes, so their vote is no surprise. I bet all those that voted no, wrap their willie when they are banging their D.C hooker. Of course since its the GOP, i bet some of them use a condom, in the airport mens room, when trolling for dudes.

The language Republicans are zeroing in on is

"any drug, device, or biological product intended for use in the prevention of pregnancy, whether specifically intended to prevent pregnancy or for other health needs, that is legally marketed under the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, such as oral contraceptives, long-acting reversible contraceptives, emergency contraceptives, internal and external condoms, injectables, vaginal barrier methods, transdermal patches, and vaginal rings, or other contraceptives."

The intent is pretty obvious political hardball. The law intentionally includes poison pill language to all but assure opposition that dems can use to run against. Protecting rights is secondary
Ah, I didn’t realize a post-conception pill is still considered a contraceptive, but google tells me it is.

My problem with the democrats, as always, is why the fvck can’t they just get together and talk to Collins? If they need to specifically leave out the morning after pill, leave it out. It’s better than having nothing at all. Or get her to agree it should be included (which it should). Maddening.

Edit: And, yes, it’s possibly just a tool for votes and nothing more. I really hate politicians.

Sex that isn’t for procreation. Duh.

This forum is really, really weird about sex, and it raises several different red flag possibilities (just sayin'). If it ain't strictly hetero missionary with all of the lights turned off and done for the sole purpose of procreation then yer a fuckin' degenerate, mate. Big Strong Word. Feel Bad.

{<jordan}

This forum is really, really weird about sex, and it raises several different red flag possibilities (just sayin'). If it ain't strictly hetero missionary with all of the lights turned off and done for the sole purpose of procreation then yer a fuckin' degenerate, mate. Big Strong Word. Feel Bad.

{<jordan}
And @Seano thinks I'M trolling for the shock factor. The more sane members of the forum don't have this viewpoint, but a good few of them do. I'm glad I don't know anyone like this in real life. It's fucking weird and incredibly unhealthy. I wonder if they sleep in separate beds when they're not trying to make babies?

religion + freedom

This fucking nonsense again. <45>

The Democrats are basically unelectable but the Republicans are doing everything to keep them in the fight.

They are big time controlling and intrusive into people's private affairs, personal liberty and "small government" absolutely nowhere to be found. I'm actually for that shit, which is why I'm a 2A radical; it's why I adamantly stood on the side of the right-wing in being against the COVID lockdowns and mask/vaccine mandate horseshit. These motherfuckers have zero consistentcy on freedom and liberty, they are playing with lava.

Did you read Alito’s decision when it was leaked? He ridiculed the idea of a right to privacy, and said the entire basis on which Roe was decided was faulty. Roe was decided on the same basis as Griswold v Connecticut, which was a case that upheld the right of couples to use contraception. Clarence Thomas in his decision today outright said he wants to revisit that case and overturn it
All of these things are predicated on the right to privacy, which was basically mocked and ridiculed by this Court. So next time a conservative goes on one of those “Fuck big government, they need to stay out of my business” rants, please remember that these SCOTUS justices think your right to privacy is bullshit.

Boom.

Get the ADF on it.

Alliance Defending Freedom (ADF) is an American conservative Christian nonprofit organization with the stated goal of advocating, training, and funding on the issues of "religious freedom, sanctity of life, marriage and family." ADF is headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona and runs the Center for Academic Freedom. Because of its budget, caseload, and network of allied attorneys, ADF is seen as the most organized and influential Christian legal interest group in the country, and has been described as "the 800-pound gorilla of the Christian right".

ADF's formal support for anti-sodomy laws dates to at least 2003, before the Supreme Court made its landmark decision in Lawrence v. Texas. ADF filed an amicus brief in the case, defending state laws criminalizing consensual same-sex activity and spent nearly 30 pages arguing in favor of upholding it. In 2011, ADF senior counsel Kevin Theriot wrote that "a legal right to engage in homosexual behavior comes at the cost of religious freedom."

ADF.jpg

giphy.webp

So you’re saying that industrial waste is in every water system, even in areas that don’t have any factories? What you’re saying would be true for most areas that have industry on their water sheds. But that doesn’t explain the areas that don’t.
yes/

Back