Law Right to Contraception Act: House passed 228-195

Lead

/Led/ blanket
Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is the other bill the Dem controlled passed this week. A narrower vote than the same sex marriage bill but one which will still show a stark contrast/ line before the midterms.

House votes to pass bill guaranteeing access to contraception
CNN

220721084157-house-contraception-act-0720-large-169.jpg

The House voted Thursday to pass a bill that would guarantee access to contraception by protecting the right to buy and use contraceptives without government restriction.

The final vote was 228-195.

Eight Republicans crossed over to vote with Democrats. Reps. Liz Cheney of Wyoming, Nancy Mace of South Carolina, Fred Upton of Michigan, Anthony Gonzalez of Ohio, John Katko of New York, Brian Fitzpatrick of Pennsylvania, Maria Salazar of Florida and Adam Kinzinger of Illinois joined all the Democrats in voting for the bill. Two Republicans, Reps. Bob Gibbs of Ohio and Mike Kelly of Pennsylvania, voted present, meaning they took no position either way on the bill

Another bill in response to the fall out of Obergefell. Previously to this, there was a roe bill proposed but now it looks like more attempts will happen to capture at least bare minimum agreements on floors, ceilings, exceptions, etc.

Last edited:
lmao 195 no

America is fucking toast
Fucking republicans

What an utterly absurd predicament. None of this shit was within miles of the legislative agenda this year until the Dobbs decision dropped and Thomas made open threats to 'correct errors' and overturn all of these rights.

I’m cool with everything but the pill. That crap is poison. Water systems can’t filter out hormones and it leads to hormones being in many waterways and even in drinking water. There should be far less useable if the pill and far more emphasis on other forms of birth control.

I’m cool with everything but the pill. That crap is poison. Water systems can’t filter out hormones and it leads to hormones being in many waterways and even in drinking water. There should be far less useable if the pill and far more emphasis on other forms of birth control.
Birth control doesn't significantly contribute to hormones found in drinking water. Most are from other sources.

This is why Dems will hold majority

Birth control doesn't significantly contribute to hormones found in drinking water. Most are from other sources.
I would say that is debatable. Very little research has been funded on this since 07 iirc. Most scientists know that to come out and say the pill is a pollutant is career suicide.
At best, it’s a maybe right now. Since they haven’t identified all the sources which is as they havent eliminated the pill as the cause.

Could you actually imagine the pill being illegal? That would legit be crazy.

Editor's Note: This story was updated at 4:06 pm Eastern US time to clarify a statement about the uncertainty around the effects of ethinyl estradiol pollution in water on mammals. It's not yet clear at what levels it interferes with mammals' reproduction.

So they have a bit of information but not all the details…

also, environment or humans? Who should have more rights?

Imagine if anything was as important to politicians as degenerate sex. We'd be living in a utopia if they put this much energy into anything else.

I don't understand this? Why do the politicians have to vote on contraception? In the three countries i've lived in, women go to the doctor to get the pill,[i made my last gf stop taking it] or get a diaphragm fitted.
In America is it difficult for some women to access these things for some reason?

I don't understand this? Why do the politicians have to vote on contraception

The right to contraceptives, interracial marriage, abortion, consensual same-sex activity and same-sex marriage were all made federal, nationwide rights as a result of US Supreme Court decisions. Libs never bothered codifying them through Congresss.

The Cons, who now hold a super-majority on that court are openly threatening to overturn those decisions (with exception of IR marriage) and in regards to abortion, they already have. Cons said they should've codified them though Congress.

So the Libs suddenly have a great interest in codifying them through Congress. Cons say they're being hysterical and that none of those rights are at risk. Libs introduce bills to codify them through Congress. Cons vote against that legislation to codify them through Congress.

Back