right cross over the jab?

The real answer is that you need to develop more skill such that you don't jab when he's ready to counter.

Think about how all good strikers know how to counterpunch, yet the jab is still used at the highest levels.

Fake, OBSERVE your opponents reactions. Don't just throw a technique out there, skilled opponents will counter you every time

I'f i'm slighty taller, could I dip down , bend over like when you throw a body jab or right to the body, but jab to the head?

I tried this out on a dummy it seems to work. lol./

It's like a rising jab while you dip/squat down quickly, and I use the cross guard defence to protect against the the right even if he times the dip and the jab.

I'f i'm slighty taller, could I dip down , bend over like when you throw a body jab or right to the body, but jab to the head?

I tried this out on a dummy it seems to work. lol./

It's like a rising jab while you dip/squat down quickly, and I use the cross guard defence to protect against the the right even if he times the dip and the jab.

Yeah you could do that, but it doesn't solve your root problem, which seems to be that you jab is either telegraphed or you keep jabbing when the guy is ready to counter

Because now you have a new problem where instead of countering your jab with the overhand right, he now counters you with an uppercut, right?

Remember K.I.S.S. - the basics work, you have to have faith and develop the skills with them. Same thing as in BJJ/grappling, where beginners get discouraged that their technique don't seem to work. They DO WORK.

a lot of times it's a counter to a weak jab. a head-snapping jab will make him respect you more

Back