Ridiculous censorship in music

blaseblah

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I was listening to "The Humpty Dance" recently to pay respects to the recently deceased Shock G and I couldn't help but notice that the following words were censored in the official music video:

"Burger King"
"Girls' Pants"
"Laid"
"69"
"Rear"

Thank you Christian puritans. How are you gonna censor that but not censor the reference to doing crack? Funny I don't remember these lyrics being censored on my local radio station but for some reason they had to be censored to play on MTV, despite it being a cable network that you have to pay for.

Any other examples of overcensorship in music?

How do you know Christians listen to the Humpty dance? And who even listens to Christians anymore?

How do you know Christians listen to the Humpty dance? And who even listens to Christians anymore?

Where do you draw the line though ? Do you also ignore people called Chris as they might have been christened Christian not Christopher ?

"Funk shit going down in the city"

Was censored outa this on some radio stations.

I've heard big wet pussy come through fine though in some other shit songs.

Damn you Tipper!

Let them cannibalize themselves... Listen to uncensored versions and speak about Burger King all you want in your circles and exist outside the clown world. Fuck em!

They now censor "What's my age again" by Blink 182.
They also censor the word "goddamn" in "This ain't a scene.." by fallout boy. Thats plain retarded!

I don't even censure myself when i sing this song in public.

To this day i have no idea what the original word which was distorted here was:

Christian fundamentalists and evangelicals were going ape shit in the 80s and 90's with censoring.

For example, Judas Priest pissed them off really bad and was taken to court over a young man that tried to blow his head off with a shotgun because he says he heard Judas Priest tell him to do it subliminally. Madonna's Justify My Love video was straight up banned by MTV, I had to wait until she had some Justify movie on HBO to finally find out if it was whack worthy as a teen. Uncle Luke Skywalker already knew what was coming and trolled the shit out of them by naming his album Banned in the USA and fools like Bill OReilly took the bait hook, line, and sinker

funny thing is I haven't heard much about music these days being censored when most of the music today is horrendous and should be entirely censored

Yeah it's annoying YouTube requires you to censor curse words in rap videos, espicially the more popular ones.

Funny enough a memory popped in my head when I was hanging at my friends house all the time during like every weekend and we'd blast "use the hoe" on the speakers and dance to it all the time and his mom is like "do you even know what the word means?"

Back