Riddle me this

How the hell does Nate X Edwards get booked when they had the option of
1- Mas X Edwards
2- Mas X Nate

It doesn't make any sense...
They had a huge fight that does big numbers in Mas X Nate 2 or they had a Grudge match in Leon X Mas which also made sense rankings wise but Nate X Leon ends up being the matchup lol.

I was excited to watch when it was booked but in hindsight this is really obscure matchmaking
Because they take the approach to booking like this:
Fighter A: who is most popular? Nate
Fighter B: Who is a legit challenger that if Fighter A can beat justifies a title shot for Fighter A. Leon

If we book Nate vs Leon hopefully Nate wins and we can book a big title shot. If Leon wins hopefully he can get the Shine off of Nate that Nate got off a win over Conor. Where they are erring IMO is feeling the need to Justify BS title shots. They built the name value of the UFC championship by having a much more Best vs Best approach to the titles. Parachuting guys into title fights they haven't earned erodes that name value (but its not dead). These big names do not have to be in title fights to be a draw. As a kid I always hated WWF/WWE having Hulk Hogan as champion it wasn't interesting. Same thing with WME era UFC always trying to book McGregor in title fights.

Riddle me this, what is 13% and also half?

math-hangover.gif

Back