The Legendary Scarface

Record since UFC 266 : 51-34
@Black
Reaction score
How the hell does Nate X Edwards get booked when they had the option of
1- Mas X Edwards
2- Mas X Nate

It doesn't make any sense...
They had a huge fight that does big numbers in Mas X Nate 2 or they had a Grudge match in Leon X Mas which also made sense rankings wise but Nate X Leon ends up being the matchup lol.

I was excited to watch when it was booked but in hindsight this is really obscure matchmaking

Easy; Masvidal was avoiding Edwards like the plague despite the apparent beef for fear of getting grappled to death and Nate wanted to jump the line to a title shot by taking on Leon S. Eddendy while avoiding another beating by Mas.

P.S. I'm a Nate fan and hated that he lost both fights.

Masvidal wanted and still wants none of Edwards.

At the time Masvidal was aiming for the Usman rematch, bigger money than Nate 2, also that fight its a rematch that even if we all watch, there is no legit interest in it, like Fast & Furious movies after the 4-5th, no one asked for them, still made 100's of millions.

Mas was going to fight for the belt, Leon wanted to make money, and Nate is a legend.

Why would Mas V Nate 2 be a big fight? Mas beat the hell out of Nate in the first one and both of them haven't won in years.

How would you create that promo?

Ummm ok. Leon is a ducker and Nate was an easy fight for him.

Matt Riddle me this...

”Dana I’m not mad that you fired me,” Riddle wrote on Instagram. “I’m mad because you’re a heartless moron with too much money and power and felt the need to call me a loser after you fired me when I was on a four-fight win streak and had my 3rd child almost bankrupting me. Also to say it was the right call to fire me is the dumbest thing ever, you literally tried to ruin my career/life because your a little bald bitch that couldn’t control me, so stop lying it’s sad bro.”

1- Mas X Edwards
2- Mas X Nate

They had a huge fight that does big numbers in Mas X Nate 2 or they had a Grudge match in Leon X Mas which also made sense rankings wise but Nate X Leon ends up being the matchup lol.

I was excited to watch when it was booked but in hindsight this is really obscure matchmaking
As long as Nate and Leon are not doing XOXOX.

Because they can't just make fights if fighters don't agree to them

1- Mas X Edwards
2- Mas X Nate

Nate hold all the cards in his hands. No fighter would decline to fight him for the big payday, including both Jorge and Leon.

But good guy Nate actually looked up at the whole roster and said he's gonna give Leon a money fight coz nobody is giving him that much attention and credit despite "doing the right things like GSP". Yep, those were Nate's words.

Mas^2 x Nate^2 = Leon^2

ezgif.com-gif-maker-16.gif

Leon is sitting down for a title shot. The only other fight he'd settle for was big money fight Nate. Nearly cost him his head. Now Leon is sitting out again, hoping he gets a ts, but Leon hasn't got a top10 win yet.

Or Mas vs Nick. Colby vs Leon. Mas vs Leon. Nate vs Tony. They can't make all the fights they want to, but the matchmaking often sucks.

Back