Riddle me this, how is rolling over and giving up your back in less than 5 seconds.......

abrasion

Ancient one
@purple
Reaction score
Then immediately tapping to a rear naked choke one iota better than tapping to strikes?

giphy.gif

Did he really give up his back, or did he just make a stupid mistake?

“If you’ve got to tap out, you’ve got to tap out,” Diaz told MMAjunkie. “I think Holly, she thought she was maybe going to get out. She had already gotten out of one (choke earlier in the fight) and she thought, ‘I’m not quitting.’ McGregor, he was (expletive) done. All the way done. It’s all right. He had to tap out because there was no getting out of that. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with tapping out.”

Diaz’s finish of McGregor marked his record-setting ninth submission victory in modern UFC competition. That means he knows better than anyone on the roster what it’s like to lock up a choke so tight or twist a limb in such grizzly fashion that an opponent is forced to exit the contest.

He said that’s the position McGregor was in from the choke, and there was no getting out. To make matters worse, “The Notorious” was clearly affected by some big shots from Diaz on the feet moments before the finish.

Diaz said there’s no shame in deciding to tap out, but in his mind there’s an easy way to avoid having to make such a difficult choice: Don’t get put in a position where you’re forced too.

“It’s a fight against the best fighters in the world; you’ve got to tap to that (expletive),” Diaz said. “You ain’t getting out of it. You can tap out, or you can go to sleep. It’s (expletive) the same (expletive). You tap out if you’re caught. The thing is, that’s what I think, is don’t get caught.”

https://mmajunkie.com/2016/03/nate-...done-shouldnt-get-flak-for-tapping-at-ufc-196

Fedor gave up his back to Bigfoot a couple times (to similarly stop the gnp he was absorbing), who couldn’t secure the RNC.

Then immediately tapping to a rear naked choke one iota better than tapping to strikes?
Conor took the easy way out. Panic wrestled and chose to get choked rather than KO'd. p

By the way, they’re both fine by me.

Because its more popular to insult the ones who give up trying to avoid a head injury. It doesn't make you more popular in the sherdog community to have compassion for the fighter in question. Riddle me that.

Conor took the easy way out. Panic wrestled and chose to get choked rather than KO'd. p
Get yourself locked in a cage....

It’s a fight and it’s survival. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. Wrestling can buy you time to recompose. It’s not inherently giving up like you morons want to believe.

You are making the mistake of forgetting that Conor was rocked before the submission. It wasn’t really how you described it. Conor was concussed with strikes, Nate pounced, rained down a couple shots on an already concussed Conor until giving his back became a better option. Look I’m not a Conor fan. I just hate the idea that tapping to strikes makes you somehow less of a fighter. Especially considering the majority of examples involve a concussed fighter. Nobody knows how they’ll react concussed until it happens.

It's not better. Also there are fighters that don't heed the warning of the ref and stay in a position getting pounded knowing the ref will save them, that for all intents and purposes is tapping out.

To be fair, if he didn't roll to his back he was going to get knocked out

I'd rather tap out or get choked out than get hit in the face more times and knocked out. That fight was going to be over one way or another.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back