Rico Verhorven vs. Francis in a standup fight with mma gloves. Who wins?

You don’t believe that. Francis would gas trying to force offensive wrestling. His only submission win in the UFC was against Anthony Hamilton who’s an absolute can and it came off a reversal.

Look at what Adesanya is doing to fools at MW… he’s on his own level right now. A division with no wrestlers like HW would be ripe for the picking for a high caliber striker.

He has 3 other submission wins. Obviously hes not submitting fabricio werdums but hes much better than rico "zero grappling" verhoeven. Did you see how he worked his wrestling vs stipe in round 1? Tittysanya has been fighting in mma for years. If rico fought francis right now, francis beats him up on the ground and gets a tko/sub. Obviously if rico had years of mma experience it could be different.

He has 3 other submission wins. Obviously hes not submitting fabricio werdums but hes much better than rico "zero grappling" verhoeven. Did you see how he worked his wrestling vs stipe in round 1? Tittysanya has been fighting in mma for years. If rico fought francis right now, francis beats him up on the ground and gets a tko/sub. Obviously if rico had years of mma experience it could be different.
It's amazing how many dudes think Boxers and Kickboxers could come in and easily KO everyone in MMA lol... it's some type of weird hipster thing I think

Thats my point EXACTLY lol.

Look at what Gane is doing to fools right now at HW… imagine Rico who’s on another planet when it comes to striking.

Those underpaid out of shape HW’s in the UFC don’t stand a chance.

Gane is the same caliber kickboxer, THAT IS WHY GLORY offered him a contract; your attempt to demean his perfect record is pathetic.

And yes he is definitely more talented than the "slow" Rico Verhoeven.

Rico is smooth, technical, fights long and has good cardio. That said, without the larger gloves for defense and how hard Francis hits, early on Ngannou definitely has a chance to win this. If he could press and be willing to eat to land, which he's done before with his iron chin, I could see him catching Rico who has a solid, yet not all that great chin, especially because I think Francis' hand speed is quicker.

The longer the fight goes, the more it favors Rico who would likely pick Francis apart if he wasn't separated from his consciousness early in the fight. It'll never happen though. Nice dream matchup, I suppose.

yes, Gane is basically a much inferior version of Rico but he’s probably going to be interim champ in a month.

Inferior?

Rico has not made the move to MMA because he is not exactly a "thinking man", the grappling aspect does not suit him and is not something an athlete of his caliber could just pickup; unlike Gane who is a superior athlete and picked it up very fast.

Gane is the same caliber kickboxer, THAT IS WHY GLORY offered him a contract; your attempt to demean his perfect record is pathetic.

Are you seriously doubling down on comparing Cyril Gane to Rico Verhoeven lol?

Please stop… this is equivalent to comparing Bryce Mitchell to Gordon Ryan in BJJ.. I don’t know how to explain it much nicer without insulting you.

<codychoke>

Agreed. Look what Gane is doing with a mediocre kickboxing resume, MMA blowhards act like he’s reinventing the wheel lol.

Rico is just as big as Gane, more fluid, and far cleaner. He’d have the height advantage on Ngannou and his defense is top notch. He’s also a cardio freak. I think he’d stay behind his signature teep kick and finish Ngannou late in the fight.

giphy.gif

Rico has 20 pounds on gane, therefore he does not move like him (very very very far from it).
And by this time Gane would have fought rico if he had stick to KB, thats pretty obvious and he would have probably ricoed rico.

Rico was about to get knocked the fuck out by this guy, it's why he panic wrestled. Much less beating Ngannou

Id go with Rico. Francis is a much better MMA fighter than him, but stylewise, it's a nightmare for him.

I see it a bit like Manhoef against Schilling. Manhoef style was much better suited for a successful mma career, since he could bumrush fools, but Schilling fundamentals gave him the victory in a h2h matchup.

Holy gak, misread the title. Pure standup fight, Rico wins easy. I don't even see how this is a question

Last edited:
The question is pretty fucking dumb. Who would win in a no gi. Anyone on the roster of Gordon Ryan.

If you ponder the question you don’t know what you’re watching.

who would win in a boxing match prime tank abbot or butterbean? Butterbean. And really quick

anyb265 lb man will lunch hard. And 200 lb man should be able to ko any human.

fracnics isn’t some skilled striker. He’s big and strong. And athletic.
Which in today he mma it’s rare. As is a bunch of fat guys and senior citizens.

nganous opponents are literally trying to throw at the same time as him and oh man I wonder what’s going to happen.

mom going to throw left hooks with jerry coney or Frazier or stay at range and exchange with tommy Hearns.

it’s basic shit not many mma fellas do.

the question is who would win a 4 rounder maybe a 35 year old butterbean or nganou in a boxing match.

Rico has 20 pounds on gane, therefore he does not move like him (very very very far from it).
And by this time Gane would have fought rico if he had stick to KB, thats pretty obvious and he would have probably ricoed rico.

ARE YOU SERIOUS?!

Name ONE elite kickboxer Cyril Gane has outstruck… just ONE… this is the same fanbase that thought Rozenstruik was an elite kickboxer because the UFC told them so lol.

This can’t be real lol… either I’m being trolled by MMA fans or I’ve crossed over into an alternate universe…

The MMA fanbase can’t be this naive…

giphy.gif

Rico was about to get knocked the fuck out by this guy, it's why he panic wrestled. Much less beating Ngannou

<{vega}>
Panic wrestling? Almost getting ko'd? Did we watch the same fight?

He full mounted him from double underhooks and won the fight in a dominant way. Looks like he wanted to explore that facet of MMA on a low tier opponent.

This is such a hard fight to choose the winner of. I'm going to have to say Ngannou because his chin hasn't crack and he hasn't been knocked down. But Rico is no joke and he's on quite the tear lately.

Most MMA fans are so dumb and euphoric. Francis is obviously powerful and dangerous but there are levels to this shit. Rico would have lessons for him.

He’s only really been KO’d once in like 70 kickboxing fights at HW and that was like a decade ago when he was 20 lol… do you know how impressive that is?

Are MMA fans really this misinformed?

<6>
Not everyone, just UFC shills. Just wait for Ngannu to criticize Dana or the UFC again and they will say that Rico will kick his ass and he was never that good.

So anyone that gets offered a GLORY contract is the same caliber kickboxer as Rico? You cant be serious.

Everything different with smaller gloves

Distance

Defense

Damage done per blow, so different shot selections for different gloves

Francis has the edge and lots of power. He KO’s him silly.

Back