Rico Verhoeven Victorious in his MMA Debut in Romania (Herb Dean was referee)

Dave, after this I kinda suspect that Rico can"t do well in MMA because of the style of this sport and mainly because of the gloves.

That opponent didn't look like a can nor move like a can, i wouldn't want to fight him, hats off to Rico for not fighting a 45 drunkard

Serious plus juan. Rico looked good getting to the mount on a guy that appeared to know what he was doing in the ring. I don't think this was a squash match by any stretch given Rico's experience.

Dave, after this I kinda suspect that Rico can"t do well in MMA because of the style of this sport and mainly because of the gloves.

after a first round KO against a decent looking opponent?

Give him a chance, that was his first pro MMA fight. He's only 26, which is very young by MMA heavyweight standards, so if he keeps training and gets more experience against lower ranked and then increasingly harder competition, he has a lot of potential in the bigger MMA promotions.

Rico would beat him in kickboxing, handily, I think we all know that.

I'm not sure how you are positing that Catinas would knock him out in MMA when we've yet to see Catinas in MMA yet. If both Rico and Catinas are wearing those gloves it'll be whichever one has more experience training MMA with a better team, which, if we are honest, is Rico.

because it is Romanian power, guess thats all what counts for him.

why Catinas and not some one else ?

Back