rickson's invisibe jiu jitsu made me...

good grips

White Belt
Reaction score
think about something...

i know very little about rickson for a guy thats been training for 4-5 years

but i've heard about the term invisible jiu-jitsu and if I understand the principles correctly it's pretty much moves where he's at no risk at all?is that correct?

whether thats correct or not it got me thinking about my own game, and where i feel im not in any danger at all while rolling/competing..

first technique that popped up in my mind, is the first guard pass that I learned to use effectively in competition. I've used it since i was a white belt and I still use it all the time, but whats special about it is that i've never been sweeped or been at any risk at all from the moment im in position to start passing.

clip of the guard pass: YouTube - TATAME TV no camp de Royler Gracie (starts around 1.22)

I first saw this pass on mario sperry's dvd

Do you guys have any positions or moves where you feel you're in no danger at all??it would be cool if you would share it in here!

im not saying I always get the pass,,but even if i dont, WORST case scenario is the guy recovers guard

When people do this I look for the omplata. Once they clear one leg (to trap the other) I go immedately for the omoplata.

A defense to that pass is to push your oppoents head towards the way he is passing, so he is expecting me to do that, so as I push the head I pull my leg over for the omoplata.

So you certainly aren't in NO danger at all, but I feel what your saying. There arent many things you can get caught with here

When people do this I look for the omplata. Once they clear one leg (to trap the other) I go immedately for the omoplata.

A defense to that pass is to push your oppoents head towards the way he is passing, so he is expecting me to do that, so as I push the head I pull my leg over for the omoplata.

So you certainly aren't in NO danger at all, but I feel what your saying. There arent many things you can get caught with here

that's good defence,,

Back