Rickson Gracie's son in the UFC hell yeah!!!!

Eusung

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
EDIT: Here is Gilbert telling Chael about it.

Chael: "Is he cross training?" haha sounds old school NHB/MMA days.

Who else is super stoked for Kron's debut in the UFC?

So far I only watched his fight against Miyuu Yamamoto's son, Erson.

I heard he finished Kawajiri but I can't find the fight anywhere.

How do you think he will do?

I didn't follow his BJJ tenure that closely...but I know he defeated Ryan Kolanz, and Kolanz is/was a beast.

Last edited:
Someone should have told Rickson that Kron isn't actually a name.

That said, I love high-level BJJ and I hope he does well.

Rickson Gracie is a boss and a great martial artist in every sense. I saw the video of Eddie Bravo and Joe Rogan showing him the rubber guard.

Rickson was super cool about it. He was really genuinely interested and attentive to Eddie. Telling Eddia Bravo that he didn't agree w/ Brazilians who resented Bravo for going full no-gi...and that it was totally cool that he was doing his own thing and not following BJJ tradition. Eddie Bravo looked so happy at the praise.

Ricksons kid vs sakus kid in japan with sapp vs lesnar “free to juice” as a co main event would be the best card ever.

His BJJ is known. His stand up and ability to get the fight to the ground will be the onbvious hurdle. Few will be able to handle Kron once it hits the ground.

Bruce Leeroy went 5 rounds with Yair. He wrecks the little fruit loop.

If he somehow wins, would be cool to see him against Ryan Hall.

Tough first fight for him, IMO.
Yeah, but I have mad respect for Kron.

If Kron loses, I still give him mad props for testing himself in the UFC. He doesn't have to. Today, having that Gracie name and status as Rickson's son gives you many avenues to make a living without having a fighter's life. Him doing this shows he is a true warrior.

Does he have any striking ability at all? Not a pure BJJ flopper like Maia

Alex is flashy, hopefully this new guy tries to entertain it.

According to Gilbert Melendez on Chael's podcast...he has been cross training a lot with Nate Diaz in boxing. As for wreslting, I'm not sure.

Chael himself is very excited to have a Gracie back in the UFC, and so am I.

Last edited:
Kron by armbar

Screen-Shot-2017-06-05-at-12.00.55-pm.png

Didn’t Serginho handle Kron in bjj? From what I recall him choked him out cold and beat him on points in a rematch

Rickson Gracie is a boss and a great martial artist in every sense. I saw the video of Eddie Bravo and Joe Rogan showing him the rubber guard.

Rickson was super cool about it. He was really genuinely interested and attentive to Eddie. Telling Eddia Bravo that he didn't agree w/ Brazilians who resented Bravo for going full no-gi...and that it was totally cool that he was doing his own thing and not following BJJ tradition. Eddie Bravo looked so happy at the praise.

+1 Same reaction I had - not too many Gracies would have been that gracie-ous

If he somehow wins, would be cool to see him against Ryan Hall.

Would love that. Hall by weird shit.

Back