Rickson Gracie vs Gokor Chivichyan

GJJBJJ

White Belt
Reaction score
Pure grappling match, sub only, no time limit.
Both supposedly undefeated, and 2 of the best grapplers in history.
Rickson has an 8th degree red and black belt in BJJ and a black belt in Judo.
Gokor has a 9th degree black belt in Judo and 6th degree black belt in Sambo.
Thoughts, opinions, outcome?? Share your perspectives!

Last edited:
Pure grappling match, sub only, no time limit. Outcome? Opinions? Share your thoughts!

Thank you for contributing a new and undiscussed topic as your first post.

All sarcasm aside, hang around this forum for a bit, use the search function, and you will realize that there are a number of topics that have been done to death, this one included. Not to mention, this will never happen, so nobody's opinion really matters.

Take a lap and try again.

All joking aside, I know a few people who have trained with both and according to them, Rickson was considerably better. Take that for what it is worth. Hopefully this thread doesn't get too off topic

All joking aside, I know a few people who have trained with both and according to them, Rickson was considerably better. Take that for what it is worth. Hopefully this thread doesn't get too off topic

Now this is an answer I was looking for. Thanks.

Your welcome. Hope others can give quality information

I think Rickson would take this one, Gokor is no joke though his style seems a little more rough around the edges and Rickson more of a smooth grappler,, but the again Gokor could go leg crazy and surprise Rickson, but what hasn't Rickson seen at this point anyway? The takedown might go to Gokor though, but Rickson has fought in some sambo tourney's and went up against judo guys? Man I dunno.

Guy with the 300-0 record vs Guy with the 400-0 record

One of the Oh's must gooo!

Gokor's ability seems more disputed, and his record showing less substantial victories from what little I know about the subject. I'm not sure what he's done to use the term "one of the greatest."

rickson, and it wouldnt probably even be close... under submission grappling rules of course.

Rickson already lost to a sambo guy.
One thas has not half of Gokors achievements.
So, Gokor via Uchi mata, 20 seconds in.

And i seriously doubt Gokor is 6th degree blackbelt in sambo... there are no degrees and no belts in sambo.

Rickson already lost to a sambo guy.
One thas has not half of Gokors achievements.
So, Gokor via Uchi mata, 20 seconds in.

And i seriously doubt Gokor is 6th degree blackbelt in sambo... there are no degrees and no belts in sambo.

rickson lost to trip in a sambo match...

I think this thread is about submission grappling.

It's very difficult to know how good rickson is as almost everyone that trains with him has drank the cool aid as Americans say.

Gokor's advantage would be in leglocks. I've heard plenty of anecdotes about Rickson having game in that department, but I think that's the only way Gokor pulls it out.

I would go for the kiai master with the 200-0 record, i mean i dont think there is footage of Rickson in BJJ tourneys so all his powress is based on anecdotes. Gokor is in a similar boat, but at least he trains MMA fighters.

But Rickson trained Kron which is badass, but then again in the heyday of Rickson leglocks werent really a thing.

So id rather not comment.

Back