Rickson Gracie vs. Fedor or Rickson Gracie vs. Sakuraba?

Which fight would you have rather seen happen?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's unfortunate these two fights never materialize. I would have loved to see Rickson fight both of these guys. But if I had to pick one it would be Sakuraba just because it would be a much closer fight and if he beats Rickson that would be just a huge addition to his legacy and absolutely amazing to watch.

I honestly think Fedor would have been the favorite against Rickson and I think he'd beat Rickson easily.

Sakuraba would have been a more intriguing fight just because Sakurabu would probably be the underdog I believe. And I don't know who would win this fight, it would be close imo.

It's too bad these fights never happened.

Fedor would've won by KO. Hands too fast. The Saku fight was a must see, as the Gracie Hunter did work on his family. If Rickson, the best, can put up a better fight, or even win.

Wonder why Rickson never stepped in to fight Sakuraba to avenge the Gracies? In his prime I would favor him against Sakuraba as he's bigger, more athletic and a better grappler than anyone else in the family.

Fedor though would have likely destroyed him. Don't think Rickson would have put his mythical 400-0 record on the line against him.

First the Saku fight, if he'd won that, feed him to Fedor!

Fedor would have destroyed Rickson. That fight was never on the table.

Rickson vs Sakuraba had a much more likely chance of happening and thats the fight all wished to see.

I think Rickson losing his son took the fight out of him.

Yes, when his son died that changed him forever.

Wonder why Rickson never stepped in to fight Sakuraba to avenge the Gracies? In his prime I would favor him against Sakuraba as he's bigger, more athletic and a better grappler than anyone else in the family.

Fedor though would have likely destroyed him. Don't think Rickson would have put his mythical 400-0 record on the line against him.

He stopped competing after his son died.

*edit* I’m too slow around here.

i'll say sakuraba because it would at least be a more competitive fight
against fedor, lol, come on.

Obviously anyone that was watching then would pick Saku, there was just way too much chemistry there. Saku would have smoked him, a Fedor fight would have been a massacre so that makes it less interesting and Fedor was years later so it wasn't even a thing. Rickson like most Gracie's had of course great bjj but no wrestling. Rickson actually had a double but would shoot from half way across the cage with his back bent and his arms out asking to be kneed (Ralph vs Gomi). But yeah, Saku of course. I remember buying Pride VHS' online and checking the mail everyday for them before I could buy the ppv's, those were the days =/

Last edited:
Sakuraba would have beat his ass. 20 years ago Sakuraba would have been in his early 30s. vs Rickson in his 40s. Rickson was family champion but he was a generation earlier. Their time passed when Pride came along. Royce would have got beaten easily if he fought Kerr.

Rickson-Sakuraba would have been a great fight.

Fedor-Rickson would not unless you’ve got a thing for seeing the Gracies lose. Rickson would not have been able to get him down (young Fedor had freak core strength) and would have gotten destroyed standing and possibly even on the ground once hurt. Would have been a less competitive version of Fedor-Nog 1 except I don’t think rickson would have Nog’s durability.

Back