Rick Story training at Tri Star

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Jfrizzle, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Jfrizzle

Jfrizzle Blue Belt

Just saw this via GSP'S facebook page. Should be benificial to both Story and Georges. I know his fight with Hendricks was a while ago but it never hurts to have someone that has had in cage experience with your upcoming opponent. PS. sorry there is no link but I don't know how to do it from my phone.

2. Got GOAT

Got GOAT Banned Banned

Cool. I'll have to look into this myself. Rick Story is a good fighter. Last I checked he was still training over at Brave Legion. This sounds like a temporary thing in order to help out GSP with his Hendricks prep. The only problem with this that I see is that Hendricks improved quite a bit since he fought Story. He also hadn't developed his brutal KO power at that time either, it happened later. Story didn't fight the Hendricks of today with better striking and huge KO power so we'll see how beneficial that'll actually be to GSP. As for Story, well, he could obviously benefit a lot from training with St-Pierre.

3. Jfrizzle

Jfrizzle Blue Belt

From what I gathered it is a temporary arrangement. As I said his fight with Johnny was a while ago but the benefit I believe, would be the mental factor. It certainly won't be fight altering but it will be good to get a little first hand knowleadge of a former opponent. Also maybe a little mind game strategy, bringing in the only guy to defeat Hendricks.

4. cooks6161

cooks6161 Orange Belt

I heard Story was a gym bullly(if true)....Not at Tri Star!

5. Jfrizzle

Jfrizzle Blue Belt

Lol. Quite certain that won't be an issue! What was the story behind that again? Was it Pierce that came out and said something to that effect?

6. JD Harmeyer

JD Harmeyer Green Belt

Good camp for Story. Hopefully he stays at Tri-star and isn't just helping GSP.

7. Jfrizzle

Jfrizzle Blue Belt

People forget that it wasn't that long ago that Story was getting a lot of hype as the next big threat. He was really charging until the Brenneman fight. If he does indeed make this a more permanent move it could really help him get some of that status back.

8. ayiio

ayiio Black Belt

Any fighters would benefit from training at tristar .

9. cooks6161

cooks6161 Orange Belt

10. I didn't forget the hype he got when he went on his run. I didn't forget the hype Ellenburger had when he had his win streak going. Today, Johny Hendricks is the "one"

They come and go.

PS: Rick never should have said Thiago Alves was a stepping stone. Karma is a bitch

11. willthechill

willthechill Brown Belt

Ricky is about to develop the decision jab of doom, only learned at Tri Star. Watch out Welterweights.

Really though if he does develop a patient striking and efficient striking game, he could be much better off. He should go there for good.

12. Rick Story | Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/RickStoryBRAVELEGION‎
    Rick Story. ... To connect with Rick Story, sign up for Facebook today. ... White leave for Montreal on Sunday for an 8 week training camp with Georges St-Pierre!

13. Jfrizzle

Jfrizzle Blue Belt

Yes it is! I actually don't seperate the 3 of those guys as far as talent goes. They are almost interchangeable. They all have good wrestling, big power, and quite a bit of athleticism. I always figured one, if not all of them would face the champ someday and come november we get to find out how the first one does.

14. giovanni002

giovanni002 Silver Belt

Good for both Georges and Rick. Rick already beat Hendricks, and he's gonna make huge improvements training with GSP and Tri Star

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
  15. BuffaloEmperor

BuffaloEmperor Brown Belt

everytime i think of rick story now, i just picture demian maia squeezing blood outta his nose like he's squeezing a lemon, trying to make lemonade.