Rick Story training at Tri Star

Jfrizzle

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Just saw this via GSP'S facebook page. Should be benificial to both Story and Georges. I know his fight with Hendricks was a while ago but it never hurts to have someone that has had in cage experience with your upcoming opponent. PS. sorry there is no link but I don't know how to do it from my phone.

Cool. I'll have to look into this myself. Rick Story is a good fighter. Last I checked he was still training over at Brave Legion. This sounds like a temporary thing in order to help out GSP with his Hendricks prep. The only problem with this that I see is that Hendricks improved quite a bit since he fought Story. He also hadn't developed his brutal KO power at that time either, it happened later. Story didn't fight the Hendricks of today with better striking and huge KO power so we'll see how beneficial that'll actually be to GSP. As for Story, well, he could obviously benefit a lot from training with St-Pierre.

Cool. I'll have to look into this myself. Rick Story is a good fighter. Last I checked he was still training over at Brave Legion. This sounds like a temporary thing in order to help out GSP with his Hendricks prep. The only problem with this that I see is that Hendricks improved quite a bit since he fought Story. He also hadn't developed his brutal KO power at that time either, it happened later. Story didn't fight the Hendricks of today with better striking and huge KO power so we'll see how beneficial that'll actually be to GSP. As for Story, well, he could obviously benefit a lot from training with St-Pierre.

From what I gathered it is a temporary arrangement. As I said his fight with Johnny was a while ago but the benefit I believe, would be the mental factor. It certainly won't be fight altering but it will be good to get a little first hand knowleadge of a former opponent. Also maybe a little mind game strategy, bringing in the only guy to defeat Hendricks.

I heard Story was a gym bullly(if true)....Not at Tri Star!

Lol. Quite certain that won't be an issue! What was the story behind that again? Was it Pierce that came out and said something to that effect?

Good camp for Story. Hopefully he stays at Tri-star and isn't just helping GSP.

People forget that it wasn't that long ago that Story was getting a lot of hype as the next big threat. He was really charging until the Brenneman fight. If he does indeed make this a more permanent move it could really help him get some of that status back.

Any fighters would benefit from training at tristar .

People forget that it wasn't that long ago that Story was getting a lot of hype as the next big threat. He was really charging until the Brenneman fight. If he does indeed make this a more permanent move it could really help him get some of that status back.

I didn't forget the hype he got when he went on his run. I didn't forget the hype Ellenburger had when he had his win streak going. Today, Johny Hendricks is the "one"

They come and go.

PS: Rick never should have said Thiago Alves was a stepping stone. Karma is a bitch

Ricky is about to develop the decision jab of doom, only learned at Tri Star. Watch out Welterweights.

Really though if he does develop a patient striking and efficient striking game, he could be much better off. He should go there for good.

I didn't forget the hype he got when he went on his run. I didn't forget the hype Ellenburger had when he had his win streak going. Today, Johny Hendricks is the "one"

They come and go.

PS: Rick never should have said Thiago Alves was a stepping stone. Karma is a bitch

Yes it is! I actually don't seperate the 3 of those guys as far as talent goes. They are almost interchangeable. They all have good wrestling, big power, and quite a bit of athleticism. I always figured one, if not all of them would face the champ someday and come november we get to find out how the first one does.

Good for both Georges and Rick. Rick already beat Hendricks, and he's gonna make huge improvements training with GSP and Tri Star

1375781_10153284468985650_1665140588_n.png

Last edited:
everytime i think of rick story now, i just picture demian maia squeezing blood outta his nose like he's squeezing a lemon, trying to make lemonade.

Back