Rich Franklin Wants One Last Fight in the UFC; Who Should He Fight?

• Thread starter AronaBeatsJones
  • Start date
CM Punk would be nice.

He either wins against a former champion and gains huge momentum, or loses and it's no big deal, because again, it was a former champion.

It would also be a huge fight financially and a nice way for Rich to close his career.

Nate the great, little nog, or shogun at any weight. I'd hate to see him get taken out by a contender or take out a contender unless he was planning to make a run. I don't think he will do that.

Punk is no way ready and I enjoy that drama so I don't want to see it killed before it even began. Bis ping is still trying for that shot so keep him relevant which this fight wouldn't.

Actually the count fight would be great in a way. Former champ with a good record and promotion but wouldn't pose a serious obstacle. It would be hard to sell it as a title eliminator though with so many good guys at the top.

Yea I would say a good old UFC vs Pride showdown would be best. Shogun or Nog final answer.

I'd be happy with the following that others brought up:

CM Punk
A. Silva
Hendo
Shogun
Bisping

Depends on which class he takes the fight.

205 Rogerio
185 Bisping

Actually the Anderson Silva fight sounds really intriguing. No way to know what kind of shape Franklin is in or how bad his ring rust would be, but there's no doubt that Anderson has declined somewhat, so it might be competitive.

On the flip side of that, I have no interest in watching Bisping jab and dance his way to a decision (or possibly a late finish after Rich is gassed) over the aging Rich Franklin. That would be the exact wrong fight to put him in.

Crazy to think that Rich was the Champion before last.

If Shogun is seriously considering a cut to MW, he said he wanted a fight at Franklinweight to see how the cut goes.

Dana Baldfather has shown pettiness for the littlest reasons, and a competing org that gives fighters options has to be on his shit list. A UFC fighter (he's still under contract with the UFC) going to work as the VP of a competing org can't be on Dana's good side even if Dana says otherwise to the media. Dana Baldfather has shat on other legends before.

Shill

I think he would rather die than face Anderson in the octagon again

I think he would rather die than face Anderson in the octagon again
If Franklin were able to catch Silva like Weidman did, it would kind of bring Franklin's career full circle to defeating the guy who dethroned him (similar to when Rampage finally KO'd Silva in the UFC, after Silva knee'd Rampage's head like a soccer ball in PRIDE on two occasions).

Come to think of it, Weidman is like a more modern version of Franklin. Two nice guy, All American types with similar striking styles. If Franklin had a wrestling base, the resemblance would've been uncanny. Weidman's KO of Munoz was also reminiscent of Franklin's KO of Quarry.

I want to see Bisping/Franklin at 185, neither will contend for the gold again/anymore...let these two guys who both like to stand, throw down :D

I don't recommend him coming back. Getting slept by Le in the 1st round isn't a good sign.

If he does come back for one more fight though, I think it should be Bisping.

His biggest fight would be fighting off the boredom that will come with whoever he fights.

Tim Kennedy

1) He'll get a top 20 guy
2) Tim probably doesn't have the firepower to demolish him
3) He has a decent chance to beat a known fighter and go out on a high note
4) Gives Tim the high profile fight that he's been holding out for

Tim Kennedy

1) He'll get a top 20 guy
2) Tim probably doesn't have the firepower to demolish him
3) He has a decent chance to beat a known fighter and go out on a high note
4) Gives Tim the high profile fight that he's been holding out for

Kennedy has the grappling to make Franklin look bad like Forrest did by dragging him to the ground and grinding him down. Franklin should get a pillow-puncher so he doesn't have to worry about the KO or too much grappling. Bisping fits that bill perfectly.

inigo-montoya_that-word.jpg

I know I shouldn't respond to idiots but who or what are you accusing me of shilling for? Dana Baldfather? One FC? Franklin? Do you pay for your internet use per word? Try not to suck so bad with your posts dog.

Back