Rich Franklin vs Nick Diaz in their primes. Who wins?

Rich Franklin. He would using his footwork, power and his underrated wrestling and sub defense.

Also I agree that he got robbed against Dan Henderson. Rich won that fight imo.

Well shit....I had this whole reasoning typed up but basically my point was that Rich would win and it would be easy. Rich is MUCH bigger and has a MUCH better fight IQ. Nick isn't KO'ing or submitted Rich so Rich either stops Nick with strikes or takes an easy UD.

Rich easily. Too big and too well rounded.

Tough to pick. I'm assuming the fight would have to be at 185 or catch weight of 183 and if it's a five round fight i want to say Nick wins. 3 round fight might be a decision win for Ace.

Is this a fucking joke? Anyone saying Nick should be IP banned forever.

Prime Rich would absolutely maul and destroy Nick.

Interesting matchup-- but like others posted I think Rich would be too big. Diaz is a tough SOB but Rich would hurt him

What I want to know is why hasn't anyone simmed the fight with the latest UFC game and posted the results/video?

Rich would have rag dolled him considering the weight advantage it'd look like his brother's fight vs. Rory Mac.

Rich was too big and strong

Prime vs Prime would be a great fight. Nick would have an advantage on the ground for sure as far as BJJ, just depends if Franklin could negate it with his wresling. Quicker hands but Franklin would have the power edge and also the kicks. IDK, damn that would be a good fight.

Prime vs Prime would be a great fight. Nick would have an advantage on the ground for sure as far as BJJ, just depends if Franklin could negate it with his wresling. Quicker hands but Franklin would have the power edge and also the kicks. IDK, damn that would be a good fight.

Who do you think would win today? I hear Rich is looking for 1 last retirement fight, and I don't know if they've lined anything up yet, but I would love to see this as Rich's last fight. And hopefully people wouldn't bitch about it because Nick lost his last few fights (to 2 GOAT's and a running Condit). But it wouldn't be for a belt, wouldn't matter much for rankings, and would be fun as fuck. Rich would actually engage Nick I think, too. Make this fight Zuffa!

Rich was way too smart, big, and skilled for this to even be a competitive fight.

He would pick apart Nick with kicks from range and then take him down at will. Even in boxing range, Nick would have to be wary of his power.

These days tho... who knows? That Cung Le knockout was pretty bad.

Rich would win this fight without much problems

Who do you think would win today? I hear Rich is looking for 1 last retirement fight, and I don't know if they've lined anything up yet, but I would love to see this as Rich's last fight. And hopefully people wouldn't bitch about it because Nick lost his last few fights (to 2 GOAT's and a running Condit). But it wouldn't be for a belt, wouldn't matter much for rankings, and would be fun as fuck. Rich would actually engage Nick I think, too. Make this fight Zuffa!

I think it would be a fun fight and could go either way. I really enjoyed the Franklin/Wand fight and that meant nothing. I'd expect it to be similar as far as just seeing two guys you know will leave it all in the cage.

I don't think it would pay enough for Nick to take it, which should be crazy but props to Nick i guess for making himself that valuable a commodity, but if it did happen I would certainly watch.

Slo-Mo Frankie wouldn't hang with ANY of these new guys

nick lights him up (hes too fast for rich) and I don't think rich can keep him down

great matchup

Franklin. Bigger, stronger, hits harder, better foot work, better fight IQ, proven against better BJJers than Diaz, etc.

The footwork part is what really would have fucked with Diaz and make the fight non-competitive.

Back