Rich Franklin vs Nick Diaz in their primes. Who wins?

Franklin for me,never understood why any of the Diaz twats have so many nut huggers.

Nick actually has legit skills and fought some tough fighters, while Franklin didn't stand out anywhere and beat some weak comp in title fights and a few shot legends (for a comparison Nick didn't struggle against Sakurai or Frank, while Franklin did against Wanderlei and was losing against Chuck before the KO).

It would go to a Unanimous Decision win to Ace Ventura.

Diaz doesn't know how to finish fights on the feet.

Rich would take it rather easily. Part of Nicks style is to take your best shots and eventually overwhelm you with volume. I don't see Diaz taking Rich's shots the way he did Daley or Penn.

Ace would decision him. I think he'd win the fight in the clinch and wouldn't gas out fighting at Diaz's pace

They should make this fight now

Ace Juice Franklin. Will beat Diaz he will have none of that taunts UD for Rick Fresh Juice Franklin.

Rich had a good enough ground game to take Nick down and not get subbed.

Rich via superior fight IQ and Nick having crap takedown defense.

Ace is much too big and would ragdoll Nick around

It would go to a Unanimous Decision win to Ace Ventura.

Diaz doesn't know how to finish fights on the feet.

The fuck? Have you even watched Nick fight before?

He's finished 13 of his fights via KO/TKO. He doesn't 1 punch a bunch of guys but smacking them around the cage and giving them the beating of their life and getting the TKO, you know, Nick has finished quite a few fights from strikes on the feet, or he'd just beat the shit out of them, drop them and TKO them on the mat shortly after.

Anderson struggled against Nick? He was coasting the whole fight and still comfortably 50-45ed him.

I'd give the edge to Rich, his size would be a huge advantage.

Nick actually has legit skills and fought some tough fighters, while Franklin didn't stand out anywhere and beat some weak comp in title fights and a few shot legends (for a comparison Nick didn't struggle against Sakurai or Frank, while Franklin did against Wanderlei and was losing against Chuck before the KO).

Part of why I made this thread is because I was thinking about the Rich vs Wand/Chuck/Anderson fights. No way do I ever see Nick Diaz being able to beat Chuck or Wand. No way ever. But Rich did fine against both those guys. But Anderson rearranged Rich's nose and made beating him look too easy...twice. And Anderson did not want to even engage Nick. When you can lay the fuck down and mimic taking a nap, mid fight, then you know your opponent does not truly want to fight. And Anderson wanted no part of a real "fight" with Nick Diaz. Nobody does.

I tend to think of Nick as the scrawny WW kid. But he's surprisingly big at MW. The Nick that fought Frank Shamrock has his way with Rich Franklin imo. But still never ever beats Wand or Chuck.

Rich is still bigger than Nick by a good bit I think. But he's a lot slower than Nick. He's never fought a guy that's as good at jiu-jitsu as Nick. And his cardio is not as good as Nick's. It'd be interesting.

I think Diaz takes it via late TKO. Diaz might take some heavy shots throughout the fight though, but his chin will carry him through it.

Haha nice user name

Rich would take it rather easily. Part of Nicks style is to take your best shots and eventually overwhelm you with volume. I don't see Diaz taking Rich's shots the way he did Daley or Penn.

I don't think Rich would be able to connect on Diaz.

They should make this fight now

I'd watch.

Rich had a good enough ground game to take Nick down and not get subbed.

Idk about that. Maybe.

Last edited:
Sakurai and Frank fought Nick when they were way over the hill, so was Chuck but Wand still beat Bisping and Stann after the fights with Rich.

Imo Rich will Ud Nick or maybe a late tko due to unanswered punches, i highly doubt that Ace could ko Nick.

Diaz wins. Rich pretty much is only a average standup fighter and doesnt really go to the ground and i dont think he could hurt diaz too bad. It might take a while but eventually Diaz would finish him in a 5 rder

Back