Rich Franklin prayed for power outage before first Anderson Silva fight

Sounds like something he says before every fight, not just against Anderson

Any mention about coming back or not??

God Damn that was a good speech! Crazy that he baited Travis Lutter with that arm bar. What a champ!

Really cool TS, thank you.

Rich is pure class, one of the greats.

rich is one of those fighters where if a fan doesnt like rich, thats a reflection on the fan and not rich.

Can't watch the video right now, did he say that in the video or somewhere else? A lot of Christians don't believe that ridiculous nonsense.

That guy didn't watch the video either, it doesn't matter what you believe, the truth is idiots be idiots.

Yeah GSP also said he has done the same. It's a pretty intense situation with a lot of nerves, and there's definitely a part of some fighters' minds that want out of the situation, but when the time comes to actually fight they can. The fear and nerves come from not being in the present moment, but when you fight you are forced into the present moment, and that's when you can handle whatever comes at you and have no time to think of fear and past and future.

Its weird how a handful of negative posts on quite a few different things managed to work their way into this thread. There are not a lot of just genuinely really decent people out there. At least not nearly as many as their should be. Rich is just a good guy. Sometimes its ok to leave it at that. Just saying

Pure class for sure, and one of the smartest, best-spoken people ever to fight at a high level in the UFC.

Also a super devout Christian, but you never hear him blab about it. He just quietly goes out and shows his faith through his actions. Even as a flint-hearted atheist, I can get behind a guy like that.

vitor+belfort+011.png

It takes a lot of confidence to fail at something.

Thats an incredible speech. If the mainstream public saw more Rich Franklin's the general opinion of MMA would improve dramatically. Unfortunately only the circus stunts makes mainstream media i.e Girls fighting guys or Abusive rants.

Last edited:
He is the man, and as great as Silva's run has been, and as amazing as Silva has been to watch, part of me wonder what would have happened if Silva had never come to the UFC and what Franklin would have done then.

Machida and other Brazilians would have gone to MW where they belonged and Machida Era would have been long lived.

Love Rich though.

Wow, that was extremely motivational with an MMA theme to top it off. I highly recommend watching the video in its entirety.

Its weird how a handful of negative posts on quite a few different things managed to work their way into this thread. There are not a lot of just genuinely really decent people out there. At least not nearly as many as their should be. Rich is just a good guy. Sometimes its ok to leave it at that. Just saying

Amen to this.

Back