Ricco Rodriguez Gets Pissed! vs Sean Spangler

djbrujoh

Yellow Belt
Reaction score

"Absolute Advanced Matchup: Ricco Rodriguez vs Sean Spangler representing Robert Drysdale Jiu-Jitsu at Grapplers Quest at UFC Fan Expo Las Vegas 2010. "

check out Ricco's double leg thrust to chest at end.

Last edited:
Ricco definetly has problems with throwing tantrums when things arent going his way (like spitting on Rothwell). Its one thing to get frustrated but he needs to man up.

Guess hes under allot of pressure these days screaming "F*ck" @ 5:17

Ricco definetly has problems with throwing tantrums when things arent going his way (like spitting on Rothwell). Its one thing to get frustrated but he needs to man up.
Also slamming Marcelo when Marcelo had his back. And then losing.

On a positive note, it's good to see Ricco competing in good shape again.

What a tit. Not impressed by poor sportsmanship like that at all.

Ricco has always been immautre. Thats why he had all those drug and weight issues.

Hes one of those guys with some much talent, and he just takes it for granted. He was a freakin Black Belt at like age 22. Insane man...

At least hes competing again, and back in shape, yet, still the same antics.

Is that Eddie Bravo cornering Ricco?

EDIT: After a second listen, thats defitely Eddie's voice.

Weird? Actually, i think Riccos is a JJM Black Belt isnt he? I know he got it from a Machado, pretty sure it was Jean-jacques?

Is that Eddie Bravo cornering Ricco?

EDIT: After a second listen, thats defitely Eddie's voice.

Weird? Actually, i think Riccos is a JJM Black Belt isnt he? I know he got it from a Machado, pretty sure it was Jean-jacques?

That might explain the couple of seconds of half-arsed rubber-guard antics.

On a positive note, it's good to see Ricco competing in good shape again.

yeah, that being said, Spangler tooled him all over the mat. he passed his guard like nothing, and then went from side control to back mount in a matter of seconds.

yeah, that being said, Spangler tooled him all over the mat. he passed his guard like nothing, and then went from side control to back mount in a matter of seconds.

Yeah, I like Ricco, but this is the second video I've seen from this event, and he's hasn't looked impressive in either of them. His BJJ has not developed with time. I remember him being on that Human Weapon show, and not being able to sub the host in a MMA match.

That might explain the couple of seconds of half-arsed rubber-guard antics.

Yeah, I am not trying to disrespect Ricco. But I was watching this at work and my cubicle neighbor came by (he has a mild interest in MMA, but very little actual mma/grappling knowledge), and when he saw Ricco grab his foot he said something along the lines of, "I'm not sure what he is trying to do, but he is not flexible enough for that."

I lol'd.

i think worse than screaming F*ck, was kicking his opponents throat to get him off him at the end of the match and spitting on the mat, what a f*cking douchebag.

Back