Ricci's ground game re: GSP/Rory MacDonald

Thank you, lot of people on here have no clue about the sport they are fucking watching. Dude was advancing position and attempting subs all three rounds, he simply didn't have the tools to finish and was fighting a very intelligent fighter in Ricci. Fuck anyone who calls this LnP, it is a clear indicator of their intelligence if they call it that. Was it exciting? Fuck no. Was he LnPing? Fuck no.

i saw the fight like this as well ... he was active, just not very talented at submissions. boring fight, but he earned his victory.

I agree it wasn't LnP, but I actually enjoyed it. Didn't think it was boring at all. He had Ricci in danger having to constantly defend the choke almost the entire fight. If it were Carlos Condit constantly working for a triangle instead of a wrestler working for a choke, everyone would think it was exciting.

I was also impressed the way Ricci was defending. A lot of guys wouldn't have been able to defend against that all fight long.

I also enjoyed it, but I guess I meant it was exciting in the type of fight that Fitch/Silva or a stand-up war would be. Ricci has potential at his natural weight class of LW, he is technically really fucking sound. Gotta work on his grappling though with a weight class with the likes of Benson, Maynard, soon to have Melendez, etc etc. Interested to see his next fight for sure.

I actually like Ricci. I'm not sure why he gets all the hate that he does. I have no problem with Colton as a person, but as a fighter, I really do not like him.

i saw the fight like this as well ... he was active, just not very talented at submissions. boring fight, but he earned his victory.

I thought it was more Ricci's sub defense than Colton's lack of sub ability.

Back