News Ricardo Lamas vs Calvin Kattar.

Why is Burgos getting a higher ranked opponent than Kattar ? Good fight though .

Banger.

Lamas always brings it, underrated af

Lamas is still elite, and the KO loss to Emmet isn’t looking so bad. If he wins this I think he’s right back in contention, at minimum a top 5-8 fight.

I mean kattar probably jabs lamas head off but, as good as his boxing is, he doesn't have much more. A couple leg kicks and that's it. If lamas decides to grapple he can take this one.

Awesome match up. I think Ricardo still has enough in him to beat Calvin.

Kattar is a monster and has some serious hands but Lamas has that high level experience, should be a great fight, gotta go with Kattar tho.

Why is Burgos getting a higher ranked opponent than Kattar ? Good fight though .
Cub is in the UFC OG club like Diego, Miller, Guida, etc. He has a better shot at breaking his fight losing streak this fight. Don't you know the UFC algorithm yet? Build up young talent against old fighters then if the old fighter is dropping to many L's give him more favorable matchups. BJ Penn is the best example but at this point he needs a cripple in there to win. Guida isn't going to be easy for him either at this point.

huge fan of kattar, hands are crisp as fuck and a top 10 talent.

if he can keep this off the ground i think he can piece lamas up, possibly finish him.

Not only that, but cub would have been an easier match up for Kattar, too. This is a good fight to test Kattar's grappling, though. I'm just glad he's got a fight.

I mean kattar probably jabs lamas head off but, as good as his boxing is, he doesn't have much more. A couple leg kicks and that's it. If lamas decides to grapple he can take this one.

Lamas is a good grappler, but Kattar started as a wrestler, so I'm hoping he can keep this standing.

Not only that, but cub would have been an easier match up for Kattar, too. This is a good fight to test Kattar's grappling, though. I'm just glad he's got a fight.
Kattar also got his leg chopped down from Renato . Lamas has some good leg kicks as well.
He is in decline now but not too long ago he was in the elite of the division and he is still one of the best 145ers.

Kattar also got his leg chopped down from Renato . Lamas has some good leg kicks as well.
He is in decline now but not too long ago he was in the elite of the division and he is still one of the best 145ers.

You don't gotta sell me on lamas. I've always liked the guy. He's been top ten forever. He's solid everywhere.

Back