Rhonda No-Shows 207

Didn't read, but I'm guessing you went on an explanation of how Ronda will probably not show up to the fight on Friday. Not likely, doubt she would go through training camp, getting in great shape and the weight cut to end up no showing the fight.

She will be there.

After the rumor about no cameras at the weighin and she wasn't going to be at the 2nd weight in I honestly thought she may not make the final walk to the cage, but that turned out to be not true. She will most likely show up to fight.

Didn't read, but I'm guessing you went on an explanation of how Ronda will probably not show up to the fight on Friday. Not likely, doubt she would go through training camp, getting in great shape and the weight cut to end up no showing the fight.

She will be there.

Nope I talked a little bit about my grandfather and the stock advice he gave me before he died.

Just kidding. Yeah I hope so!

I might be wrong.
But I do not think this is impossible or even unlikely.

Oh I don't know about that..

fd6.gif

The thought has crossed my mind. That would be fucking crazy if she didn't show up.. Refunds on all the ppvs

I can see where you're coming from but that's a very weird thing to even consider. If anyone would though I could see it being her.

Man, I can't stand Rousey. Is this the time and place for that?

No chance. She always shows up.

She decided media was something she wanted to avoid for this fight and the UFC agreed.

Hating Rhonda is weird. I wanted someone to beat her even though I knew it would.hurt mma as a whole. Now I hope she wins.

How can something like this seem likely in anyones head? I know plenty of you guys like to analyze her and her behavior but come on.

<36>

I think shes going to lose then kill herself.

That's what I think dude.

She would most likely just pull out citing bullshit injury then just no showing and getting sued.

I might be wrong.

First of all I'm pretty much neutral on Rousey. I'm a fight fan and I've enjoyed every time I've seen her fight, it's always great especially with a crowd. But her behavior is to me, alarming.

Step back and look at the past year since 193.

Look at how Rhonda has been handling herself in public.

Look at how Rhonda has been hiding herself from the public.

Rhonda has this whole thing set up to the point where the fight is right around the corner, the biggest fight, the most pressure, the most on the line, and she has yet to face the public.

That's not quite true, I'll admit, she did come out during the UFC 205 "face off" and from what I've heard, needed to be consoled like a frail child afterwards.

And now, UFC 207, headlined by Dana's "biggest star", is hours away and we still haven't seen Rhonda. We haven't had a press conference, a real face off, an interview, a TV appearance with the headlines going at it verbally. It's CLEAR that she is at the very least uncomfortable in public, at it doesn't take much imagination to begin to think that she is absolutely terrified of the spotlight now.

She made her money and reputation being in the spotlight.

You don't go from that, to putting this much effort into avoiding it, if you think something good is gonna happen when the curtain goes up. We have a pretty clear picture of a fighter who places a very high value on not being put out there in front of people, and an inevitable, rapidly approaching and extremely high stakes event coming that will put her out in front of people in the most severe and intense manner.

Will she show up? If she does - whatever she has been so desperately hiding from, whatever she's afraid of, will it finally happen? Are we to expect she somehow goes from hiding away on the knife's edge for over a year to totally cool with this spotlight in a matter of hours?

I hope I'm wrong, because I love watching the fights, but I have to be honest, I really don't think she is going to show up.

The whole no show and avoiding the spotlight is just a PR stunt by UFC you twit-twats.

TS, you are 100% wrong. Your long post shows that you are way, way, way overthinking this. She will show up and finish Nunes or get finished. She needs to redeem herself or fail trying, but not showing up is not an option for her.

I'm sorry you took the time to write and think of all this

I might be wrong.

First of all I'm pretty much neutral on Rousey. I'm a fight fan and I've enjoyed every time I've seen her fight, it's always great especially with a crowd. But her behavior is to me, alarming.

Step back and look at the past year since 193.

Look at how Rhonda has been handling herself in public.

Look at how Rhonda has been hiding herself from the public.

Rhonda has this whole thing set up to the point where the fight is right around the corner, the biggest fight, the most pressure, the most on the line, and she has yet to face the public.

That's not quite true, I'll admit, she did come out during the UFC 205 "face off" and from what I've heard, needed to be consoled like a frail child afterwards.

And now, UFC 207, headlined by Dana's "biggest star", is hours away and we still haven't seen Rhonda. We haven't had a press conference, a real face off, an interview, a TV appearance with the headlines going at it verbally. It's CLEAR that she is at the very least uncomfortable in public, at it doesn't take much imagination to begin to think that she is absolutely terrified of the spotlight now.

She made her money and reputation being in the spotlight.

You don't go from that, to putting this much effort into avoiding it, if you think something good is gonna happen when the curtain goes up. We have a pretty clear picture of a fighter who places a very high value on not being put out there in front of people, and an inevitable, rapidly approaching and extremely high stakes event coming that will put her out in front of people in the most severe and intense manner.

Will she show up? If she does - whatever she has been so desperately hiding from, whatever she's afraid of, will it finally happen? Are we to expect she somehow goes from hiding away on the knife's edge for over a year to totally cool with this spotlight in a matter of hours?

I hope I'm wrong, because I love watching the fights, but I have to be honest, I really don't think she is going to show up.

With her recent actions I can see how you'd think that. But if she really wanted out she probably would have just gave an interview saying how she has a surgery coming up and that she's injured and in a ton of pain... But more ready than ever to fight.

Serious question, are fighters allowed to be on anti depressants or anti anxiety medication?

This sport has to have the lowest lows and nerves must be bad, does USADA allow any of this type of stuff? How about pain killers, especially after a fight where injury has occurred, do USADA really expect you to go do a test before you suck on one of those morphine inhalers or pills or whatever, like with silvas leg?!
Nope Forrest on Xanax was illegal I believe.

Cool. The less WMMA I have shoved in front of my face the better.

She most likely retires if she loses this fight, which will then forever cement her legacy as being the ultimate sore loser.

Back