Rhonda No-Shows 207

Uthred

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I might be wrong.

But I do not think this is impossible or even unlikely.

First of all I'm pretty much neutral on Rousey. I'm a fight fan and I've enjoyed every time I've seen her fight, it's always great especially with a crowd. But her behavior is to me, alarming.

Step back and look at the past year since 193.

Look at how Rhonda has been handling herself in public.

Look at how Rhonda has been hiding herself from the public.

Rhonda has this whole thing set up to the point where the fight is right around the corner, the biggest fight, the most pressure, the most on the line, and she has yet to face the public.

That's not quite true, I'll admit, she did come out during the UFC 205 "face off" and from what I've heard, needed to be consoled like a frail child afterwards.

And now, UFC 207, headlined by Dana's "biggest star", is hours away and we still haven't seen Rhonda. We haven't had a press conference, a real face off, an interview, a TV appearance with the headlines going at it verbally. It's CLEAR that she is at the very least uncomfortable in public, at it doesn't take much imagination to begin to think that she is absolutely terrified of the spotlight now.

She made her money and reputation being in the spotlight.

You don't go from that, to putting this much effort into avoiding it, if you think something good is gonna happen when the curtain goes up. We have a pretty clear picture of a fighter who places a very high value on not being put out there in front of people, and an inevitable, rapidly approaching and extremely high stakes event coming that will put her out in front of people in the most severe and intense manner.

Will she show up? If she does - whatever she has been so desperately hiding from, whatever she's afraid of, will it finally happen? Are we to expect she somehow goes from hiding away on the knife's edge for over a year to totally cool with this spotlight in a matter of hours?

I hope I'm wrong, because I love watching the fights, but I have to be honest, I really don't think she is going to show up.

I can see where you're coming from but that's a very weird thing to even consider. If anyone would though I could see it being her.

Man, I can't stand Rousey. Is this the time and place for that?

Oh I don't know about that. Like I said, I don't know what is gonna happen and I hope hope hope I'm wrong.

I know how crazy this sounds but I honestly feel like it's a coin flip, does she show up or not. I'm wondering if anyone else has been thinking this way, maybe I'm misreading her actions but she really does seem incredibly fragile.

I saw this thread and then sherdog shut down for a couple hours. I thought she'd pulled out ya bastard!

Oh I don't know about that. Like I said, I don't know what is gonna happen and I hope hope hope I'm wrong.

I know how crazy this sounds but I honestly feel like it's a coin flip, does she show up or not. I'm wondering if anyone else has been thinking this way, maybe I'm misreading her actions but she really does seem incredibly fragile.
Serious question, are fighters allowed to be on anti depressants or anti anxiety medication?

This sport has to have the lowest lows and nerves must be bad, does USADA allow any of this type of stuff? How about pain killers, especially after a fight where injury has occurred, do USADA really expect you to go do a test before you suck on one of those morphine inhalers or pills or whatever, like with silvas leg?!

I saw this thread and then sherdog shut down for a couple hours. I thought she'd pulled out ya bastard!

Haha sorry about that. I hope you didn't lose your shit and start boxing up your walls or anything!

Come on dude. I want to see her face smashed again. Don't jinx it.

Tbh I think she'll show up just fine and break Nunes arm in the first round and we'll have to deal with the arrogant Ronda once again. I am really hoping Nunes retires her for good though.

Anti-depressants? Opiates? I do not know, but I do know they came at Nick Diaz for weed so I would think they test for opiates if they're testing for something as low-speed as weed.

In terms of being allowed to take it if your doctor says, I don't see how they could justify banning these medications.

Generally speaking, these are clear cut and very justifiable medications if you're prescribed them, ie, you either really need it or you really don't. I'm sure the fighter's doctor would provide more than enough justification.

Not like that crap cyborg was taking where it's this nebulous sort of half convincing tale about how she's taking weird shit for other weird shit and grasping at straws, when they're really just taking it to cheat. I certainly don't think anti-depressants or opiates would give you an advantage in the cage whatsoever.

I 'd rather see her lose than pull out!

I can't take this seriously when you won't bother to spell her name correctly

I can't take this seriously when you won't bother to spell her name correctly

Since you're doing the being-a-douche-for-the-sake-of-being-a-douche angle . . .

I can't take you seriously when you won't bother to use punctuation properly.

Yea. So shell go through a camp, make weight, just to make other plans and no show the next day..

She ain't rowdy no more

No man. Ronda just doesn't want to deal with the distraction of media and also she thinks she's teaching the media a lesson for "crossing" her.

That report about her having to be consoled backstage after that staredown, how reliable was that report?

Back