RFIDs Being Required at High School

TexasDrugAddict**

Silver Belt
Reaction score
I just read a story about a school that has been using RFIDS since Fall. I haven't heard this but kinda of surpised by it.

The Northside Independent School District in San Antonio began issuing the RFID-laden student-body cards when the semester began in the fall. The ID badge has a bar code associated with a student

Schools are becoming like prison. I thought I had it bad when I was in HS from 93-97... at my high school after I graduated:

No backpacks
No hats
No open campus lunch unless you were a senior
No entry into the building during school hours except for two doors.
ID badges
Random dog sniffing/searches
Security cameras

These are just the things that I know they changed in that time.. I'm sure there's more.

hmm why is this kid sitting in his car for 30 minutes during lunch...ok now he's heading inside. he's stopped near the vending machines.... now hes heading toward the lunch line. now hes back to the vending machines.

Yeah some girl was protesting it earlier this year saying it was the mark of the beast. I think she had the right idea, just the wrong way to express it.

That's ridiculous. I would not want my kid treated like a convict all in name of some false "security."

The SS number is probably not legal (at least it wouldn't be on a college campus).
The question also is where and how many scanners they have. RFID isn't "tracking".

1984 is getting closer and closer...

it has begun

Yeah some girl was protesting it earlier this year saying it was the mark of the beast. I think she had the right idea, just the wrong way to express it.

Yeah that is what the story in the link is about. The school kick her out permantly. The court say its ok and she was not voilated.

Yeah that is what the story in the link is about. The school kick her out permantly. The court say its ok and she was not voilated.

The school gave her an id card without an RFID chip in it and she refused that too. Then they kicked her out.

hmm why is this kid sitting in his car for 30 minutes during lunch...ok now he's heading inside. he's stopped near the vending machines.... now hes heading toward the lunch line. now hes back to the vending machines.
LMFAO! Beautiful!
It's definitely coming soon. In the next 10 to 15 years there will be a push for chips for everyone. You want a job? Too bad, you're not getting hired unless you wear this "voluntary" chip.

The school gave her an id card without an RFID chip in it and she refused that too. Then they kicked her out.

Yeah it sounds like she just doesn't want any wear any kind of ID/badge at all. Oh well, there are alot of others school she can go to.

Wow. I remember 4 years ago when I went to school in the north side of San Antonio that everybody talked about this. Every year a teacher or principal would say it was getting closer to coming true. I'm just glad I graduated before it happened.

Wow. I remember 4 years ago when I went to school in the north side of San Antonio that everybody talked about this. Every year a teacher or principal would say it was getting closer to coming true. I'm just glad I graduated before it happened.

If you're in college it's close to 100% that you've got an RFID chip in your ID card there too.

Schools are becoming like prison. I thought I had it bad when I was in HS from 93-97... at my high school after I graduated:

No backpacks
No hats
No open campus lunch unless you were a senior
No entry into the building during school hours except for two doors.
ID badges
Random dog sniffing/searches
Security cameras

These are just the things that I know they changed in that time.. I'm sure there's more.

I remember one time they brought in drug sniffing dogs and my wrestling coach stuffed a donut into the vent on the bottom of the door. The dogs ran to it going nuts and he loled pretty hard at how pissed the principle got.

ADA (average daily attendance) will make it easy to justify more of these systems going in other schools.

I've worked in IT for a k12. The Student Information System database and attendance reporting was usually our highest priority because it had a direct affect on funding. I hate to play devils advocate, but with most schools having ADA based funding, the RFID system has some benefits. Specifically, the teachers won't have to take attendance at the beginning of the day (or each period in middle and high school) and they won't have to have a dedicated attendance secretary.

I hadn't really pondered that the school could indeed get credit for attendance as long as the kids were on the school property. Given most schools are strapped for cash, I would expect to see a lot more of these systems going into schools. Being able to spy on the students is just an added benefit....

Back