RFA 31 - Smith vs. Marunde | Las Vegas, NV (Friday, October 9th)

She's fought 25% of her career at 115, so not even half of her fights. Has spoken on having weight cutting issues several times in the past and now missed weight for this fight.

Just saying sometimes the juice isn't worth the squeeze. Lot of those 115 wins weren't really wins either.

I like Zoila, I'm a fan. Just think she's more fit for 125. She complained about 115 when she had the Bellator belt even.

When you win 100% of your fights at a weight class that is recognized by the UFC, then the juice is worth the squeeze.

When she has spoken about her difficulties cutting weight, it was due to her ACL injury.

She hadn't attempted 115 lbs. in 5 years and came up 1.6 lbs. short. She is disappointed she missed, but knows with a slight adjustment, she will be fine.

When you win 100% of your fights at a weight class that is recognized by the UFC, then the juice is worth the squeeze.

When she has spoken about her difficulties cutting weight, it was due to her ACL injury.

She hadn't attempted 115 lbs. in 5 years and came up 1.6 lbs. short. She is disappointed she missed, but knows with a slight adjustment, she will be fine.

That's simply not true. Zoila complained and agonized about her weight cutting to 115lbs in her post fight interview backstage, immediately after her "win" over Megumi Fuji. In fact I remember her saying that she doubted she could ever make the cut again. Her outrageous gift decision was nowhere as bad as the outright robbery of her semi final "win" over Jessica Aguilar though. Look at the reaction of the crowd, announcers and even the look of disbelief on Jessica's face. Zoila went 1-2 in that tournament and still took the belt.

Zoila is a natural 135lb fighter, that's why the weight cut takes such a toll on her. I wish her the best but I believe the advancement of technique so far in women's fighting has surpassed her own skill level. Marrying her coach wasn't the best idea for her back then either, she seemed to plateau after that.

But please let's not pretend Zoila has been dominant at 115lbs because she "won" that tourney title due to horrendous decisions against noticeably smaller women.

No one likes cutting weight and there are champions / former champions that have talked unfavorably about it. Daniel Cormier hated the idea of cutting to 205 lbs, but now that he's figured out an effective and healthy way to do it, he has been fine.

If Zoila missed by a lot of weight or was hospitalized like Hendricks last week, then I would agree she'd have to strongly consider flyweight. The fact she came 1.6 lbs. short (0.6 lbs. if it were a non-title fight) on her first attempt in 5 years, then I believe she can make the adjustment needed.

comcast has Legacy listed as being on axs tv tonight at 10pm et. Which one is on?

Go go Bojan!! Rooting for him to have a great fight and win. Maybe with one more win he will be in UFC.

Looks like a fun card, I will try to stay awake for it.

comcast has Legacy listed as being on axs tv tonight at 10pm et. Which one is on?
It's RFA. They have done that the past few Axs shows for some reason.

Oh dear God help us Kim Winslow is the ref

wow 2 days notice and 18 lbs cut and he gets the upset

Wait... is Pat insinuating that Armenians and Serbs have some sort of feud?..... the two countries are way apart from each other!

knowing nothing about either fighter before this, I'm picking Bojan.

Back