RFA 24 - Smith vs. Romero | Prior Lake, MN (Friday, March 6th)

Haha the grandparents from Willy Wonka moved more then Tat. Voice is a legend.

send tat somewhere else. my god that was bad on his part.

i regret watching this so very much.

ref should have been vocal earlier and threatened the stoppage. no sense in letting a man take all that and stop it anyway.

Props to Smith. He got some good work in but he needs another test before UFC. Maybe even bring back Rhodes and have them fight.

I was hoping Smith would delay the finish a bit more just to keep hearing the Voice lose his mind.

I don't know if he has food poisoning or something but that was truly awful. I hold RFA matchmaking up to a pretty high standard for shows at this level so I don't think they would just bring in someone terrible for a title fight but that was bad.

This was still a good event but the title match was garishly bad.

That was just awful. I can't believe I watched all of that

Good card but terrible main event.

Romero looked fuckin awful He threw 2 punches while standing up I counted.

Next card is really good, two title fights, Lawrence/Toomer, Abel/Rave, Burley RFA debut, MW title fight.

Thats a badass card.

Damn, the one RFA card I miss and Jeff Curran gets ko'd for the first time in like twenty years. Not a good month for the Currans.

Blumer's KO might land him a UFC deal, he's finished the last few opponents and Curran's a solid name to have on the resume.

Main event was always gonna be turgid, I was surprised they made that fight, especially for a belt.

Blumer's KO might land him a UFC deal, he's finished the last few opponents and Curran's a solid name to have on the resume.

Main event was always gonna be turgid, I was surprised they made that fight, especially for a belt.

The original plan was to have the winner of Chidi Njokuani and Gilbert Smith defend the title against Benjamin Smith in Minnesota, but when Chidi missed weight and left the belt vacant, Romero was given the title fight with Benjamin Smith due to winning 6 consecutive fights over the last 3 years.

Romero is a normally a very aggressive fighter, but he had other things going on that definitely affected his performance. His brother also passed away yesterday.

Last edited:
Back