RFA 23 - Murphy vs. Ware | Costa Mesa, CA (Friday, February 6th)

Bevois

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score

RFA 23 - Murphy vs. Ware
Friday, February 6, 2015
The Hangar at the OC Fair & Event Center
Costa Mesa, California, USA

Main Card (Televised on AXS TV at 10 p.m. ET / 7 p.m. PT):

Main Event | Bantamweight Bout (135 lbs)
-Joe Murphy, 8-1 (RFA vet, BJJ brown belt) vs. Terrion Ware, 12-3 (RFA vet, BAMMA bantamweight champion)

Co-Main Event | Middleweight Bout (185 lbs)
-Gabriel "Zangief" Checco, 7-1 (RFA vet, BJJ black belt) vs. Joseph "Leonidas" Henle, 9-1-1 (TUF 11 alum, MFC vet)

Featherweight Bout (145 lbs)
-Raoni Barcelos, 7-1 (RFA vet, BJJ black belt) vs. Jamal Parks, 5-0 (BattleGrounds vet, NCAA Division I All-American wrestler)

Welterweight Bout (170 lbs)
-Mikey Gomez, 17-11 (RFA-Bellator vet) vs. Dominic Waters, 7-2 (WSOF vet, TUF 16 alum)

Women's Strawweight Bout (115 lbs)
-Jocelyn Jones-Lybarger, 4-1 (RFA vet) vs. Maria Rios, 2-0 (BAMMA vet)

Flyweight Bout (125 lbs)
-Ron Henderson, 3-1 (Bellator vet) vs. Adam Antolin, 8-3 (Strikeforce vet)

Middleweight Bout (185 lbs)
-Mike Jasper, 8-2 (BAMMA vet, TUF 17 alum) vs. Blake Troop, 3-2 (RFA vet)

Preliminary Card:

Lightweight Bout (155 lbs)
-Timothy Quiroga, 1-0 (RFA vet) vs. Christian Aguilera, 3-0 (BAMMA vet)

Featherweight Bout (145 lbs)
-Dan Ige, 1-0 (Destiny MMA amateur featherweight champion) vs. Ian Millan, 5-0 (Gladiator Challenge featherweight champion)

RFAfighting.com | RFA 23 – Murphy vs. Ware bantamweight contender bout in Orange County

"Like" RFA on Facebook

"Follow" RFA on Twitter

Last edited:
Raoni/Toomer is a good one, winner gets a title shot? And Mafra/Ricky is also good. Murphey/Ware, liking those fights.

Would like to see Henle in the UFC. I remember he beat Phillippou on TUF, dude is scrappy as hell.

With Abel dropping to Fly I'd like to see him fight Pantoja, Ranoi/Toomer vs Lawrence, Murphy/Ware vs Sanders.

Raoni/Toomer is a good one, winner gets a title shot? And Mafra/Ricky is also good. Murphey/Ware, liking those fights.

I too would assume that Raoni vs Toomer is for the next shot at Lawrence (assuming he doesn't get picked up before that). I also really like that fight between Murphy and Ware!

Also Mafra/Ricky winner could get a LW shot.

Raoni vs Lawrence will be a good fight for regional MMA (he will destroy Toomer).

Lightweight Bout (155 lbs)
-Timothy Quiroga, 1-0 (RFA vet) vs. Christian Aguilera, 3-0 (BAMMA vet)

Man that's brutal, must've been tough growing up.

this is a solid card! Zangie vs. Henle will be quite the scrap!

Was funny a few days ago Jason Coles said RFA sucks now (because UFC keeps taking all of their best guys) and Ed Soares responded with "sorry to hear that but thats the business"

one hell of a BW fight. and Ricky is smashing dudes in tachi and other places

one hell of a BW fight. and Ricky is smashing dudes in tachi and other places
He is the one getting smashed in Tachi.

griffinlegere.gif

Legere went 19-6 as a smaller welterweight. He submitted Nate Loughran to win the Tachi welterweight title in August.

He is now moving to lightweight.

Raoni vs Lawrence will be a good fight for regional MMA (he will destroy Toomer).

This will be a great scrap if it happens, but I wouldn't be surprised if Lawrence was signed prior to that. He's way better than Paul Redmond IMO. I'm sure the fact that Redmond is a Euro fighter played into him getting the call.

Bevois, I still don't know if you are affiliated with RFA in any way, but if you are, do you know anything about the whereabouts of Aaron Ely? Dude was a highly touted prospect but fell of the face of the Earth after his bullshit loss to Dustin Ortiz at RFA 6. I need closure dammit!

I called Marcelo Mafra as a prospect to watch a while back, but the fact that he's facing Legere is interesting. Its a stiff test for Marcelo, but if Ricky gets a takedown, I'm more than confident Marcelo can get the sub from his back.

Bevois, I still don't know if you are affiliated with RFA in any way, but if you are, do you know anything about the whereabouts of Aaron Ely? Dude was a highly touted prospect but fell of the face of the Earth after his bullshit loss to Dustin Ortiz at RFA 6. I need closure dammit!

Aaron is making a comeback to combat sports on January 31st. He will be making his professional boxing debut against Heath Cline in Topeka, Kansas.

This is pretty cool, since he's a D-1 wrestler from Edinboro. He has an engineering degree, so he's just doing it to test his striking skills.

Thanks. It was a shame to see his career derailed by two bad decisions, one of which would have gotten him noticed by the UFC. Hopefully he makes it back to MMA at some point in the near future and doesn't become the next Sunshine.

On that note, wow, Matt Fiordirosa has fought as recently as October of 2014. RFA should pick him up. :D

That's a good card. Henle is very under-rated, tough as hell. He'll beat Checco IMO.

Parks is a really really good signing, NCAA Division 1 wrestling and he trains at a good camp. He's flown under the radar a bit as well.

Back