Reyes won the first three. Jon won the last two. There was no 10-8 rounds.

frye666

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
As the saying goes, you have to beat the champ. Reyes did enough to win, but maybe not enough to dethrone. It will be easier to look at and break down tomorrow. That one judge tho........ Even white belts know better.

Jones won 3-4-5 without question. A lot of people, myself included, gave him the second round as well.

Jones is the greatest martial artist of all time.

Well... if Reyes won 3 and Jones won 2... then Reyes won.

Who cares how "decisive" it was?

"you have to beat the champ" is an overused phrase used by plebs. It doesn't even make sense.

Jones won 3-4-5 without question. A lot of people, myself included, gave him the second round as well.

Jones is the greatest martial artist of all time.

Put down the crack pipe.

Reyes won 1-3, Jones won 4,5 with no 10-8 rounds.

Even the stats show Reyes out struck Jones 1,2 and 3.

Time to take Jones' balls off your chin.

Put down the crack pipe.

Reyes won 1-3, Jones won 4,5 with no 10-8 rounds.

Even the stats show Reyes out struck Jones 1,2 and 3.

Time to take Jones' balls off your chin.
The judges agree with me and theres no changing that. Jones wins again and you can stay bitter.

In championship fights, only the last two rounds count /s

1,2,3 Reyes, even round 4 is debatable based on the damage Jon took first minute of the round, 10-10 is a possibility.

Welcome to the corrupt ufc

Corrupt from the mafia family
And now the entertainment family

Exactly. I thought for sure when I heard the scores that it was about to be “and new” with all 3 judges giving Reyes the first three and one judge giving the forth to him also.
WTF was the 49-46 Jones guy watching? He must have had money on Jones.

1,2,3 Reyes, even round 4 is debatable based on the damage Jon took first minute of the round, 10-10 is a possibility.

source-3.gif I had Reyes up 3-2. Hopefully Goodfella86 doesn't read this or he'll call me an asswipe again. Very hurtful. Anyone who says 49-46 is an idiot.

Exactly. I thought for sure when I heard the scores that it was about to be “and new” with all 3 judges giving Reyes the first three and one judge giving the forth to him also.
WTF was the 49-46 Jones guy watching? He must have had money on Jones.
Yep, exactly what I thought as well, for a second I was like "thank god they got it right this time" and then...

As the saying goes, you have to beat the champ. Reyes did enough to win, but maybe not enough to dethrone. It will be easier to look at and break down tomorrow. That one judge tho........ Even white belts know better.

That is the dumbest concept in combat sports. Champions shouldn't get handicaps.

Dana giving everyone 50k tonight cos he's given into the shit fest of anything goes, do anything you want, judges don't mean shit. Jones's legs wrapped in ice, Reyes carried out, both fucked. fuck everything . It doesn't matter.

"you have to beat the champ" is an overused phrase used by plebs. It doesn't even make sense.

it makes sense when you put into context that prize fighting is corrupt. the saying is pretty much telling every single contender in the world that you're gonna have to beat the champion DOWN. like a real ass kicking so even people who don't even know shit about fighting know you undoubtedly beat this person.

is it stupid? yes, but so are rounds and other rules in fighting like kneeing downed opponent's heads and stuff. but we just have to accept the bullshit i guess.

it makes sense when you put into context that prize fighting is corrupt. the saying is pretty much telling every single contender in the world that you're gonna have to beat the champion DOWN. like a real ass kicking so even people who don't even know shit about fighting know you undoubtedly beat this person.

is it stupid? yes, but so are rounds and other rules in fighting like kneeing downed opponent's heads and stuff. but we just have to accept the bullshit i guess.

Corruption goes both ways and the champ doesn't always get favored in decisions. Griffin won a decision over Jackson, Edgar won a decision over Penn(despite vast majority of media having it for Penn), One of the judges had it for Canelo over Mayweather ...etc

People keep repeating the "beat the champ" line like it's a real thing. It's very simple. 3 judges write down their scores after each round and you tally the scores up. There's no beat the champ clause and people need to stop repeating that nonsense. I've actually encountered dumbasses in real life telling me the "beat the champ" thing as if the contender needs to win 10-8 rounds like it's a rule.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back