Reyes vs Oezdemir was closer than Reyes vs Jones

Reyes was punching the air. And Jones dominated in the grappling department.
The stats would disagree with that and Jones had 0 grappling until the last 2 rounds which we already established that he won.

Trolling is what its called when people who know better act like Aggression/ Octagon control isn't a thing anyomre, just because they hate a specific fighter and are crying because that fighter didnt lose.
Aggression/ octagon control are irrelevant via the judging criteria until effective striking and grappling are equal, which they factually werent.

judging fights will always be subjective, thats exactly why the 'hard' stats (which are actually subjective estimates, too) mean absolutely nothing.

more people scored the fight for oezdemir, but you're right, you can see it either way. that means we have to respect the jones decision as well. if reyes was better prepared he could've removed all doubt. again, i think he did enough to win 3 rounds, but it wasnt clear enough, was it?
I mean, I never said the fight wasn't competitive, just that the Oezdemir fight was more competitive. There is still a place and use for stats. They aren't the end all be all, but they do tell part of the story.

You gotta love how the people who are not good at understanding or assessing the objective criteria are the ones who bombard the place with the "proof" of robberies.

If their stats meant anything we would never have controversy. It's a fun little routine we do every fuckin time in this place.
So you're saying that the judges get it right every single time then, regardless of stats?
God forbid anyone make a claim and provide their evidence on here.

You are not taking into consideration octagon control and the takedown points, which count accross rounds. Dominick was scared and tired the whole fight. He didn't want to fight.

Ocatgon control only matters when everything else is equal. It doesn't matter if you're pushing forward if you're also getting outstruck.

And are you seriously going to count those 'takedowns' when Reyes was literally up within 5 seconds? His takedowns did nothing at all.

And how can you call Reyes scared when he literally threw more the entire fight? Even in the two rounds were Jones did outland him, he only did so by 7 strikes.

Reyes was punching the air. And Jones dominated in the grappling department.

Ya, he really dominated with the grappling. How many times did Reyes stuff the takedowns again? How fast did he get up each time when he did get taken down?

While Oezdemir is massively underrated here.

Styles make fights you really think Oezdemir can stuffs jon's takedowns like Reyes, or has cardio for 5 rounds.
Is he really underrated? I don't see people saying he sucks, nor that he is an uncrowned champ specially after getting handled by DC and Smith, I think he is rightfully rated

This is worst strawman I've ever read. It doesn't matter how clear a robbery is there will always be a percentage of people who side with judges call. Typically the winner's fans or gamblers who cash, and the bigger the fanbase the higher the 'not a robbery' voice will be.
Fact you can't name one robbery that is clear to everyone.
Exactly, and like I said in my previous comment; God forbid anyone make a claim and then present their evidence for that claim. Fuck me right?

That just makes Jon Jons look worse lol.

Is he really underrated? I don't see people saying he sucks, nor that he is an uncrowned champ specially after getting handled by DC and Smith, I think he is rightfully rated
There was definitely a strong voice on here saying he wasn't elite pre Saturday. And because of Reyes vs Oezdemir was close, Reyes was a lucky can who couldn't hang with jones.

There was definitely a strong voice on here saying he wasn't elite pre Saturday. And because of Reyes vs Oezdemir was close, Reyes was a lucky can who couldn't hang with jones.
True, the same was said about Chris and Cody, I knew he was good but he was better than I expected

This is worst strawman I've ever read. It doesn't matter how clear a robbery is there will always be a percentage of people who side with judges call. Typically the winner's fans or gamblers who cash, and the bigger the fanbase the higher the 'not a robbery' voice will be.
There was no robbery. A robbery is extremely rare and it’ll still be at least slightly subjective, you’re right. It was a close fight. It’s not a straw man, these are the facts.
I mean, I never said the fight wasn't competitive, just that the Oezdemir fight was more competitive. There is still a place and use for stats. They aren't the end all be all, but they do tell part of the story.
I think the oezdemir fight was less competitive and I thought Reyes lost when I watched. Actually won money on Reyes in that fight and still thought he lost pretty clearly.

Thought Reyes won on first watch on Saturday, but it was closer to me. Didn’t have a straight bet on the fight.

Diego Sanchez vs Ross Pearson
Raging Al vs Mas
Haven't seen a single argument for the winner anywhere

It wasn't close. Oezdemir won the fight. 29-28.

Oezdemir > Reyes > Jones
Volkan would go all out swinging in the first round. He’s got no time for point fighting. Unless Jones is able to wrestle him like DC did, it is very possible for Volkan to win

You can't convince people that think outlanding isn't the most important thing, and walking forward and % of strikes landed should be placed above
You're retarded. That % strikes for Jones is inflated from leg kicks. Those are easy to land and they pump up your striking numbers.

40% of Jones' strikes were ineffective leg kicks.

Also percent striking means nothing. According to your logic if I throw 5 punches and land 100% I should win the fight.

Get the fuck out.

So you're saying that the judges get it right every single time then, regardless of stats?
God forbid anyone make a claim and provide their evidence on here.

Your claim isn't refuting anything though. Everyone could 100% agree with your "evidence", while also agreeing with the scorecards.

Reyes landed a slightly higher number of strikes while backpedaling at full speed and getting hit with the cleaner, more effective strikes. Jones made the fight. Reyes won his moments. 3-2 or 4-1 Jones are perfectly reasonable. And the right guy got the decision.

You can argue that the balance between pure striking statistics and octagon control/forward pressure/more effective strikes was misinterpreted, or should be adjusted. But simply stating the pure striking statistics isn't even an argument against the scorecards as they were.

Diego Sanchez vs Ross Pearson
Raging Al vs Mas
Haven't seen a single argument for the winner anywhere

A lot of people have said that Masvidal won Round 1, and Iaquinta won 2 and 3. And that under the old rules Jorge only gets a 10-9 in the first. So 2-1 Iaquinta is very reasonable.

Rogan said that's what he had on one of the Fight Companions. He even said they would go back and watch it after the card they were watching, to score it themselves. But then they got high....

Back