Reyes vs Oezdemir was closer than Reyes vs Jones

JustBleed69

Touch-Butt Silver Belt
Yellow Card
Reaction score
Now understand, I believe Reyes won both of these fights, but from a numerical standpoint Reyes vs Oezdemir was more competitive than Reyes vs Jones.

Reyes vs Jones Stats:

Reyes cleanly outlands Jones in 3/5 rounds in total strikes and significant strikes. He also throws more strikes than Jones in every single round. Reyes outlands Jones in total strikes and total significant strikes of the fight by 12 each.
The 3 rounds that Reyes wins are all just as clearly Reyes 10-9 rounds as round 4 & 5 are 10-9 Jones rounds.

Screenshot_20200210-134908_Chrome Beta.jpg

Reyes vs Oezdemir Stats:
Reyes outlands Oezdemir in rounds 2 & 3 by narrow margins. Reyes throws more than Oezdemir in rounds 2 & 3. Oezdemir throws more and lands more than Reyes in round 1. Oezdemir outlands Reyes in total strikes of the fight by 1, but is out-landed in total significant strikes by 9.
Screenshot_20200210-135506_Chrome Beta.jpg
TL;DR

Texas sucks, Dominick Reyes got robbed ya goofs.

tenor.gif

It wasn't close. Oezdemir won the fight. 29-28.

Oezdemir > Reyes > Jones

Now understand, I believe Reyes won both of these fights, but from a numerical standpoint Reyes vs Oezdemir was more competitive than Reyes vs Jones.

Reyes vs Jones Stats:

Reyes cleanly outlands Jones in 3/5 rounds in total strikes and significant strikes. He also throws more strikes than Jones in every single round. Reyes outlands Jones in total strikes and total significant strikes of the fight by 12 each.
The 3 rounds that Reyes wins are all just as clearly Reyes 10-9 rounds as round 4 & 5 are 10-9 Jones rounds.

View attachment 725913

Reyes vs Oezdemir Stats:
Reyes outlands Oezdemir in rounds 2 & 3 by narrow margins. Reyes throws more than Oezdemir in rounds 2 & 3. Oezdemir throws more and lands more than Reyes in round 1. Oezdemir outlands Reyes in total strikes of the fight by 1, but is out-landed in total significant strikes by 9.
View attachment 725919
TL;DR

tenor.gif

You can't convince people that think outlanding isn't the most important thing, and walking forward and % of strikes landed should be placed above

You are not taking into consideration octagon control and the takedown points, which count accross rounds. Dominick was scared and tired the whole fight. He didn't want to fight.

Oezdemir > Reyes > Jones
Not according to da numbas, which aren't the whole story obviously, but to say it wasn't close is clearly a cop-out response.

You are not taking into consideration octagon control and the takedown points, which count accross rounds. Dominick was scared and tired the whole fight. He didn't want to fight.
Octagon control does not come into consideration until striking and grappling are equal, which they factually were not.

Reyes vs Jones Stats:

View attachment 725913

Reyes vs Oezdemir Stats:
View attachment 725919
TL;DR

tenor.gif

upload_2020-2-10_14-15-46.png

M1GumhZ.gif

these stats are completely irrelevant. remember judges never see any stats, they judge the fights live, round by round with nothing but their eyes and knowledge. dont forget that.

i thought reyes won the fight on saturday, but i know for damn sure he didnt beat oezdemir. im far more certain than volkan beat reyes than i am that reyes beat jones.

these stats are completely irrelevant. remember judges never see any stats, they judge the fights live, round by round with nothing but their eyes and knowledge. dont forget that.

i thought reyes won the fight on saturday, but i know for damn sure he didnt beat oezdemir. im far more certain than volkan beat reyes than i am that reyes beat jones.
You could watch Reyes vs Oezdemir and see Reyes winning without stats, as many people did. The stats just aid the arguement.

Isn't being a troll a taxing job to have? You've got to be exhausted at this point.

Trolling is what its called when people who know better act like Aggression/ Octagon control isn't a thing anyomre, just because they hate a specific fighter and are crying because that fighter didnt lose.

You could watch Reyes vs Oezdemir and see Reyes winning without stats, as many people did. The stats just aid the arguement.
judging fights will always be subjective, thats exactly why the 'hard' stats (which are actually subjective estimates, too) mean absolutely nothing.

more people scored the fight for oezdemir, but you're right, you can see it either way. that means we have to respect the jones decision as well. if reyes was better prepared he could've removed all doubt. again, i think he did enough to win 3 rounds, but it wasnt clear enough, was it?

Last edited:
more people scored the fight for oezdemir, but you're right, you can see it either way. that means we have to respect the jones decision as well. if reyes was better prepared he could've removed all doubt. again, i think he did enough to win 3 rounds, but it wasnt clear enough, was it?

First time I read a reasonable opinion regarding this topic.

First time I read a reasonable opinion regarding this topic.
what can we do? make the fights finish only? thats silly. if someone got outright robbed, it would be clear to everyone.

the existence of an argument about a fight's official decision means we shouldnt really be arguing about it lol

judging fights will always be subjective, thats exactly why the 'hard' stats (which are actually subjective estimates, too) mean absolutely nothing.

You gotta love how the people who are not good at understanding or assessing the objective criteria are the ones who bombard the place with the "proof" of robberies.

If their stats meant anything we would never have controversy. It's a fun little routine we do every fuckin time in this place.

Oezdemir > Reyes > Jones
While Oezdemir is massively underrated here.

Styles make fights you really think Oezdemir can stuffs jon's takedowns like Reyes, or has cardio for 5 rounds.

what can we do? make the fights finish only? thats silly. if someone got outright robbed, it would be clear to everyone.

the existence of an argument about a fight's official decision means we shouldnt really be arguing about it lol
This is worst strawman I've ever read. It doesn't matter how clear a robbery is there will always be a percentage of people who side with judges call. Typically the winner's fans or gamblers who cash, and the bigger the fanbase the higher the 'not a robbery' voice will be.
Fact you can't name one robbery that is clear to everyone.

Back