Reyes vs DC at LHW? How would this go?

LilNicky95

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Would Reyes dominate DC?

I don’t think he would. I think DC takes him down at will and would walk thru Reyes’ punches.

Thoughts?

I don’t think Reyes is some scrub but it’s not as if we can say he is an elite LHW either.
DC
Santos
Anthony Johnson
Jan

All these guys would be even money or better to beat Reyes. Maybe even Beastin 25/8...

DC would crush Reyes and Santos. Jon cant beat DC clean like he can these other guys, that's why he fails drug tests whenever he's booked to fight DC

DC struggled with fuckin right-handed potshoter Gus. Reyes would mid kick/cross his belly and bury him alive.

Younger DC, I would safely pick.

Now? Not so sure.

Jones is a bit of a rock/paper/scissors kind of fighter because he wins mainly with truly masterful use of a reach advantage. When he fights another long fighter that incredible ability means diddly squat and he has been known to suffer. Probably why he isn't keen on going to heavyweight.

So even though Jones struggled against Reyes, I think DC would beat him rather easily, even though DC can't handle Jones.

DC by stoppage on the ground or standing there's levels to this mma shit

Reyes.

His hands is just too sharp, too precise and too powerful. And his left body kicks would destroy DC weak belly.

DC best chance is obviously to dirty box him in the clinch.but reyes has nasty uppercuts, elbows and knees on the clinch.

Last edited:
DC has admitted many times that good kickers give him a lot of trouble. For this reason, along with Reyes' speed and knees, I favor Reyes. Dominick also showed an uncanny ability to get back up from takedowns against Jones, and despite having cardio issues, he had the heart to push as hard as possible for 5 rounds.

The DC who destroyed Volkan would eat Reyes for breakfast.

DC walks him down like Jon but DC takes Reyes’ formidable power but either gets the take down or keeps walking forward And returns fire.

Last edited:
Lots of people predicting a beatdown but no consensus on who delivers it. Clearly an intriguing fight to book, but I doubt Cormier will ever return to LHW.

DC is old now and will start to have mixed results if he continues to keep fighting.

I think today's DC would have his hands full with Reyes in a 5 round fight if he cant finish him early. Reyes is really big and throws straight shots and can stuff a takedown. I think DC could beat him but it would be a fight where he really has to problem solve.

Prime DC who beat Gus and Rumble would beat Reyes for sure though. Todays DC may have some issues there. Hes 40 years old.

Old DC still beats bums like Anthony Smith and Santos.

Reyes kicks would cause problems but DC would probably get him down. High crotch throw supremacy

Reyes can't fight five rounds at a pace that is as barrios to DC

DC takes him down and smashes him from add control

Levels to this I feel Jones let Reyes get away with coasting during the fight

DC would tire out Reyes in the first round by getting Reyes to defend take downs

Back