Reyes poor oral hygiene lost him the fight

Alpha_T83

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Reyes clearly should have won 48-47 based on fightmetric having him ahead in striking for the first 3 rounds. However, many people point to his "lacerated, bleeding mouth" as damage from Jon Jones. Admittedly, this looked bad -- but he wasn't nearly as damaged as he looked.

This is bleeding from the mouth due to gingivitis. I've seen this before in karate and kickboxing -- some guys that don't floss and rinse with mouthwash get gingivitis, and when they get punched in the mouth it bleeds like crazy. It looks like they took a huge amount of damage -- similar to Colby's broken jaw mouth blood.

But in reality they weren't very hurt -- they just have poor oral hygiene.

Do you floss TS?
I do. But this happened to me when I was younger. I never used to floss and I had bad gingivitis. My karate gi got covered in blood once from a slapping round house kick that landed with the toes. I barely felt it, but that was enough to burst my inflamed gums.

A buddy of mine had the same thing happen to him training at Zugec MMA (ZUMA it used to be called) in Victoria, BC.

z7NbDob.gif

Motivated BJ
sea level Cain
Post-gingivitis Reyes??

Judges probably also gave Jon credit for pressuring forward into the bad breath.

20200209_210853.jpg

He bedazzled jones with his stank breath and bum teeth

Reyes clearly should have won 48-47 based on fightmetric having him ahead in striking for the first 3 rounds. However, many people point to his "lacerated, bleeding mouth" as damage from Jon Jones. Admittedly, this looked bad -- but he wasn't nearly as damaged as he looked.

This is bleeding from the mouth due to gingivitis. I've seen this before in karate and kickboxing -- some guys that don't floss and rinse with mouthwash get gingivitis, and when they get punched in the mouth it bleeds like crazy. It looks like they took a huge amount of damage -- similar to Colby's broken jaw mouth blood.

canada-general-k-weapons-4archive-org-52397361.png

Dental hygiene is the new hairline

Serious question - can you floss between rounds... We know you cannot inhale sh!t but flossing is ok, I guess...

Back